• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Somethings wrong with my video player. I tried a bunch of apps and I'm getting error messages. If it does decide to play, I'm only getting audio but no video.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Using a Series X, I keep getting audio issues with my TV. The sound from the TV menus work, but theres no sound from the Xbox Input. I dont have it in the ARC HDMI, and I've already spent a good half an hour messing with White Balance on HDMI2, and I really dont want to have to redo it all.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I love the console, but the audio crackling issue is driving me nuts. Makes me not want to use the console at all. Given the tons of threads and messages about it that I've seen on various forums, it must be a known issue. I wish MS would at least acknowledge it so I'd have less reason to seek out a replacement if this was indeed something that could be addressed with firmware.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I love the console, but the audio crackling issue is driving me nuts. Makes me not want to use the console at all. Given the tons of threads and messages about it that I've seen on various forums, it must be a known issue. I wish MS would at least acknowledge it so I'd have less reason to seek out a replacement if this was indeed something that could be addressed with firmware.
Are you referring specifically to audio-over-controller to headphones?

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
You fucking garbage.

I'm in the middle of a ranked match and have to change my batteries.

This is the second time I have to rip all the cables and batteries it and hard reset everything because the controller and console lose sync and refuse to pair.

I'm have no cable to try and pair.

And now Gears 5 bans me because I left.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
You fucking garbage.

I'm in the middle of a ranked match and have to change my batteries.

This is the second time I have to rip all the cables and batteries it and hard reset everything because the controller and console lose sync and refuse to pair.

I'm have no cable to try and pair.

And now Gears 5 bans me because I left.
Any time I play any ranked match, I have wired accessories for this very reason.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get some usb to c cable for emergency. That's where a new play and charge could help.

I use eneloop otherwise. Only thing I can think of some how the a40 plugged into the stereo jack is the common element. But why.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to get some usb to c cable for emergency. That's where a new play and charge could help.

I use eneloop otherwise. Only thing I can think of some how the a40 plugged into the stereo jack is the common element. But why.
Try to make it a habit of putting fresh batteries in when you're about to some ranked gameplay.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

I bought a ten foot Amazon Basics cable last week for this very thing. I tried and returned the play and charge kit because even a little jostling would cause the controller to disconnect. My Eneloops last much longer anyway.

My raid team in Destiny lost a guy during a boss to the same problem you described above. Is this new to Series X or has it been like that on the One?

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a ten foot Amazon Basics cable last week for this very thing. I tried and returned the play and charge kit because even a little jostling would cause the controller to disconnect. My Eneloops last much longer anyway.

My raid team in Destiny lost a guy during a boss to the same problem you described above. Is this new to Series X or has it been like that on the One?

Never had that problem with One X. Only that new hotness has had the problem.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have no fucking idea what to play. Nothing in my library is jumping out at me, nothing on Game Pass seemed immediately appealing, ugh. I want something gripping that's filled to the brim with action and nothing seems to be hitting that mark right now.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Using a Series X, I keep getting audio issues with my TV. The sound from the TV menus work, but theres no sound from the Xbox Input. I dont have it in the ARC HDMI, and I've already spent a good half an hour messing with White Balance on HDMI2, and I really dont want to have to redo it all.
Had this issue too. Keep
Fiddling and you'll figure it out

Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to PC gaming, the Series controller is "new" yet familiar...

Still my favorite controller for comfy PC gaming. Throw in some Eneloops and you're good to go.

50802463086_c33d8f5405_k.jpg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When quick resume works is awesome.
When quick resume doesn't it's frustrating.

Figure it out, please.
I love it overall, but there are some annoyances.
1) It doesn't seem to work with Crackdown 3. It tries to work, but never really loads correctly and forces me to go out and start it again, which is odd.
2) For Minecraft Dungeons it remembers which controller I used which is an annoyance as I often use one of the controllers for my PC and then have to go get that specific controller as the game is insistent on using it rather than being open to letting me use one of my other controllers.

Apr 30, 2019
I'm wishing so much that I had bought an extra Series controller for $40 during black friday. I find myself using my old xbox one controllers more often unless I play serious ranked matches because I don't want to wear my only Series controller down. But it's SO much better that I want to always use one. damn

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been discussed but all of a sudden my Series X controller vibration is really loud. So is the additional blue Series X controller I bought. I've had them since day one, but just noticing the noise as of this week. It's super loud and immersion breaking. Almost like something is loose. Anyone else with this issue?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I'm wishing so much that I had bought an extra Series controller for $40 during black friday. I find myself using my old xbox one controllers more often unless I play serious ranked matches because I don't want to wear my only Series controller down. But it's SO much better that I want to always use one. damn
It really is crazy how much better the Series X controller is than the One.

Going back and forth between the two is night and day.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Damn i just tried destiny 2 on serie x, is it me or there is too much aliasing on this game ? i played this on my 1080ti when the game launched , it was way prettier back then !

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
This is me also. The Series Controller is really great.

The best way I can explain it is that, you didn't really realize how bulbous and odd the 360 controller felt when you held it; until you held the One controller.
Its the same from holding a One controller to a Series controller. Much more sleek and fits perfect in your hand.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I unboxed my Xbox Series S today and did the setup with my phone. It automatically connected to my Microsoft account, which I have never used for Xbox before (never had one until now) and then it said "Welcome Back, AusternRahmen220" which I have never heard or read before, so I had to change the gamertag. I never got any emails that someone had tried to sign in to Xbox with my Microsoft account email before either. Any clues what happened here?

One Microsoft. I think all microsoft accounts have a 'ghost' xbox account associated with it now, even if never played before.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That's true, even if my outlook account has no ties to RoadDogg. Maybe I should have used that as my new name...
It's the Microsoft AI reading our minds. It suggested a name for my girlfriend's account and she loved it, never wants to change it. :lol

When quick resume works is awesome.
When quick resume doesn't it's frustrating.

Figure it out, please.
I have my console in energy saving mode, and the fact that I can quick resume my session of Dragon Age Inquisition from a cold boot still blows my mind. For AC Valhalla, quick resume only worked when I had it on instant on.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Since launch my series X has been getting "invalid format" errors randomly with my LGCX and I kept chalking it up to firmware on either side but it's still happening even after multiple updates. Is this a common problem?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Have you guys been getting wierd stutters in some games? Like dragon quest during an attack the game seems to drop lots of frames but only then. Its not very consistent too.

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, my Xbox almost gave me an anxiety attack because it wasn't turning on. When I moved it the power cable came off, I guess it was loose and somehow got disconnected. This hasn't been a very pleasant day and my Xbox does this :p thankfully everything is going well now, I'm downloading No Man's Sky for the weekly challenge.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, my Xbox almost gave me an anxiety attack because it wasn't turning on. When I moved it the power cable came off, I guess it was loose and somehow got disconnected. This hasn't been a very pleasant day and my Xbox does this :p thankfully everything is going well now, I'm downloading No Man's Sky for the weekly challenge.
I bet you thought it was gonna instantly combust, didn't you?

:P

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When did the controller disconnect/desync issue start? Was there a very recent controller firmware update that's triggered it? I've been heavily playing Valhalla lately and haven't had it come up, but I >have< had Xbox One controllers constantly disconnect and desync even with full batteries and it's not an experience I want to repeat. It happened for me right at the launch of the Xbox One S and I had to just fully exchange my One S entirely to fix it. It was extremely frustrating.

I really hope it doesn't start kicking in for me.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Guys could anyone try launching gears 3 on series x? Mine wont launch and I have tried everything, redowloaded, changed all the display settings. It just black screens after the splash screen and I wonder if thats just me.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Guys could anyone try launching gears 3 on series x? Mine wont launch and I have tried everything, redowloaded, changed all the display settings. It just black screens after the splash screen and I wonder if thats just me.
Just redownloaded (God, I love how much faster games download now. Less than 4 minutes!).

Yeah though. I made it to in-game and seems to be running fine for me.