• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
For anyone still wondering what happens if you do quick resume and two consoles.

It does a quick save check.

"your save has changed, and the game must be Rebooted"

No idea how detailed the saves are, like "accessed on X from Y"

Just happened with Gears 5.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Is MS still adding original Xbox/Xbox 360 games to the Xbox store? I'm honestly a bit disappointed with the current catalog :x

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For any 4K users... did you come across any issues when it comes to your Xbox connecting to your TV?

I can't tell if i've received a faulty Xbox. So anyways...

Since yesterday, i've noticed that when I turn on my Xbox Series X first and then tun on my my 4K LG CX, i've noticed that the Xbox has trouble displaying in 4K. It legit downscale the output to 640p... yea... 640p. When I try to change it on the settings, it doesn't even say it can't find a 4K TV.

This morning, same thing happened again. I had to restart my Xbox twice in order to get back to the 4K output. later until now while installing my games, all the sudden the entire screen goes static... all gray static for a few seconds and then back to normal... I was like "what?!?!".

THEN... there was no audio. Nothing. Started The Crew, and no audio either. I restarted the console but also noticed that it was restarting VERY slowly. After 2 minutes, still black screen. Shut down the Xbox, turned it back on, and then it turned itself off. Turned it back on again, and same thing happened.

Then, i switch the HDMI cable to a different output. Turned on the Xbox and bam... everything works now. Yet, i also plugged in my PS4 hdmi to the possible defect hdmi port on my TV. And guess what? it works fine.... same for my Switch and same for my PC.

So what the hecc is going on? Is my Xbox a faulty console? Or is it a bad hmdi cable? And i don't have any extra HDI 2.1 cables either... ugh.

honestly, from everything I've read about HDMI 2.1 TV's released in 2020, there are a lot of glitches

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues getting gamepass app to work with new console? Everything transferred over no hassle from my old Xbox One to the Series X. I open the Xbox App iOS app - finds my new Series X no problem. Open the game pass app; no consoles found. Worked fine on the Xbox One that was connected before.

Jul 26, 2018
honestly, from everything I've read about HDMI 2.1 TV's released in 2020, there are a lot of glitches
True.. heck my LG CX had issues in the past.

Day 1.. flickering on 4K output. The latest updated fixed it which thankfully someone here linked the update. Then a month later, vertical lines appearing while playing at 4K, 120hz. 2nd last patch from yesterday's update has fixed it. Now.... this... ugh. Still can't tell if it's my TV or the Xbox though.. or the stock HMDI cable.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True.. heck my LG CX had issues in the past.

Day 1.. flickering on 4K output. The latest updated fixed it which thankfully someone here linked the update. Then a month later, vertical lines appearing while playing at 4K, 120hz. 2nd last patch from yesterday's update has fixed it. Now.... this... ugh. Still can't tell if it's my TV or the Xbox though.. or the stock HMDI cable.

I'm personally debating between an LG CX right now or just waiting a few more months for the LG C1, which is being announced next month

Jul 26, 2018
I'm personally debating between an LG CX right now or just waiting a few more months for the LG C1, which is being announced next month
It's up to you at this point. Personally i'm enjoying my CX and been using it daily as my 3rd monitor in my setup. Heck, it's always on most of the day too. For youtube, tv shows, and gaming.

You just gotta know the risks of potential burn ins and such. I already slapped a geek squad warranty so I guess i'm good for now. I'm no expert, but part of me thinks that the C1 will also have potential issues in the future.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's up to you at this point. Personally i'm enjoying my CX and been using it daily as my 3rd monitor in my setup. Heck, it's always on most of the day too. For youtube, tv shows, and gaming.

You just gotta know the risks of potential burn ins and such. I already slapped a geek squad warranty so I guess i'm good for now. I'm no expert, but part of me thinks that the C1 will also have potential issues in the future.

Yeah, I don't think the OLED technology itself will get noticeably better with next year's model besides it being 48GB, it's the HDMI 2.1 issues that I want to see LG fix that seem to be hardware issues

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else's Xbox have bag lag playing online while something is being downloaded in the background? My internet should be fast enough for downloading and playing at the same time but it just lags so much

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Just got a Series X today, and it is having a rough time opening games. I plugged in the hard drive I was using with the Xbox One, and the games are taking minutes to open if they ever actually open at all ("Something went wrong. Wait a minute or so and try again"). Is that normal?

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Series X today, and it is having a rough time opening games. I plugged in the hard drive I was using with the Xbox One, and the games are taking minutes to open if they ever actually open at all ("Something went wrong. Wait a minute or so and try again"). Is that normal?

That's not normal for me. Granted, I think I transferred almost all of the games I play to the internal hard drive. Are you trying to run everything from the external hard drive? I would hope that this is your issue, and not the console itself.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS really needs to get on fixing the app with regards to screenshots. Like I'm surprised they let this go so long.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020

Definitely not normal, but sounds like an issue with the hard drive.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I now captures are fucked up on the Xbox app right now and not working but... how is it supposed to work? Are the captures you take supposed to automatically be available in the app or do you have to upload them?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Not normal at all. I'd do some simple checks to see if it's a HDD problem - try transferring a game from it to the internal, and run the game from there (and vice versa). Try another USB port. Stuff like that.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I now captures are fucked up on the Xbox app right now and not working but... how is it supposed to work? Are the captures you take supposed to automatically be available in the app or do you have to upload them?
at launch it just auto uploaded to XBL and I was able to view them immediately on my phone. not sure what's been going on the past few days where that's not happening

Kilirath

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how long game pass games are playable for if you go offline? Moving house soon and won't have any internet for a few weeks and thought I could download some gamepass stuff in advance, but that might not work if the console needs to check if I have an active subscription after a few days of being offline. I know normal paid downloads are fine if its my home console, but no idea when it comes to gamepass.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a series S system soon and I am reading I can't stream a game to my laptop like I can with a PlayStation?

If so that's very disappointing. Sometime the main TVs is being used for not-gaming and I like to be able to keep playing on my laptop.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
Getting a series S system soon and I am reading I can't stream a game to my laptop like I can with a PlayStation?

If so that's very disappointing. Sometime the main TVs is being used for not-gaming and I like to be able to keep playing on my laptop.

You absolutely can use Remote Play with the Xbox App for Windows. Maybe you are confusing remote play with XCloud, which is not available on Windows platforms.

edit: wait,it might be indeed the case that it isn't working with Windows right now. I have to check it myself with my Series X.

edit 2: Remote Play with Xbox Series consoles is indeed borked on Windows 10 atm, but it will come in the near future without any doubt. Can't you use a iOS or Android device in the meantime?

Last edited:

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
You absolutely can use Remote Play with the Xbox App for Windows. Maybe you are confusing remote play with XCloud, which is not available on Windows platforms.

edit: wait,it might be indeed the case that it isn't working with Windows right now. I have to check it myself with my Series X.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. The latest Xbox windows App removed streaming. (and the old app doesn't work with the latest dashboard) That said, they are testing a new windows streaming App and I would expect it publicly released shortly.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Just a cautionary tale for anyone that either has already, or plans on purchasing their new console direct from the Microsoft Store:

I recently sent back my launch XSX that was purchased from the MS Store as I was getting a grinding sound from my XSX when I would play 4k disks. The replacement system arrived yesterday and works flawlessly, so I decided to contact MS regarding their "Microsoft Complete" coverage (extended warranty). After 58 minutes being transferred around and being told that I already had the extended warranty on my system, I received a call back from the 2nd representative informing me that I cannot purchase the extended warranty since I received a replacement console...and to make matters more interesting, my warranty is now shorter than it was originally, as it shows one year from my preorder date.

So if you are thinking of getting the extended warranty, it appears that you cannot get one for a replacement console (even though mine was new, and not repaired) even if it takes place within the 45 days of original purchase.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
My Series S was stolen from my mailroom, urgh. Looking over security footage soon, does anyone happen to have a photo of what the shipping box looked like from Microsoft? Would be extremely helpful.

Do you still need the photos? I still have my shipping box from Microsoft I can take photos of a little later.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you have multiple external drives connected at the same time? I have an external SSD for last-gen games and I'm wondering what would happen if I also got the seagate expansion ssd.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I believe I am almost at the end of Jedi Fallen Order. Have really enjoyed it overall, heard it was very buggy on release and in some ways it still is a bit which is a shame but for a Star Wars story it is pretty great and in terms of tone it doesn't seem afraid to get quite dark at points.

Runs great on the performance mode on Series X, it is definitely a bit blurry but so worth it for the 60FPS most of the time.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Shot in the dark question, but worth it I guess. I sent my Xbox Series X off to Gamestop weeks ago because it bricked on the second day. I had to send it back through FedEx. It got there a few days later. No word from Gamestop at all. Waited past their recommended 7 business days and called again about the replacement. They simply said they got the console, and they they will send me a email with replacement confirmation as well as tracking information when it ships. They of course didn't do that either, but at got a random FedEx tracking number texted to me coming from Georgia. I shouldn't have ANYTHING coming from Georgia, and when they first sent me the console it was coming from Texas. There's no other information to the tracking number at all. Anybody else received their Xbox Series X or replacement from Gamestop from Georgia?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I believe I am almost at the end of Jedi Fallen Order. Have really enjoyed it overall, heard it was very buggy on release and in some ways it still is a bit which is a shame but for a Star Wars story it is pretty great and in terms of tone it doesn't seem afraid to get quite dark at points.

Runs great on the performance mode on Series X, it is definitely a bit blurry but so worth it for the 60FPS most of the time.
When you die how long is the load time? On xb1x it is literally more than a minute so I stopped playing in hopes it would be much reduced on xbsx
Just tested this with a regular Blu-ray: Nope, the problem is still there. Don't know what's taking them so long tbh.
The guy who revealed this said they fixed it didn't he? Did you look for a Blu-ray patch?

Oct 26, 2017
My wife gifted me the Series X as my first Xbox. No games yet but it's one sexy system. Any tips to maximize my enjoyment of the system?

Also I read somewhere that I can buy a 3 year EA Play sub and convert it to a 3 year gamepass sub. Is this true or does it only work for Xbox Live Gold Sub?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
How are the Robot White and Shock Blue controllers? I noticed my factory default black one has some weird small discoloration spots in the right light and that will trigger my OCD so I am probably going to get another one.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Does anyone know how long game pass games are playable for if you go offline? Moving house soon and won't have any internet for a few weeks and thought I could download some gamepass stuff in advance, but that might not work if the console needs to check if I have an active subscription after a few days of being offline. I know normal paid downloads are fine if its my home console, but no idea when it comes to gamepass.

I have read it is whatever date of the month that you originally subbed from the previous month. Ex - subbed on 11/13, needs to do an internet check on 12/13.

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
what gamepass games are actually enhanced for the series x and by enhanced I mean uncapped framerate or at least 60fps lol

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How are the Robot White and Shock Blue controllers? I noticed my factory default black one has some weird small discoloration spots in the right light and that will trigger my OCD so I am probably going to get another one.

I've gotten both!

The Robot White is my favorite but I'm biased toward white controllers. I also personally think that having the colored face buttons is more visually appealing.

IMO The Sonic Blue looks much better in promo shots than in real life, though I don't overall think it's bad. The one I ordered direct from Microsoft has a minor defect on the left analog stick where just a tiny part of the plastic is raised up and causes a tiny "bump" sensation when it's tilted in its upper right motion — I can feel it on 360 degree motions or any time I go over the bump spot but it isn't big enough to actually stop inputs from being read, it's just a tiny feel thing that isn't on the black controller that came with my Series X or my Robot White one, and I really doubt it'd happen all the time.

But yeah, the blue isn't as good looking in real life as it is in promo shots IMO, and i'm not a fan of the monotone blue face buttons, and mine has a very minor defect but outside of that it's still good.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I've gotten both!

The Robot White is my favorite but I'm biased toward white controllers. I also personally think that having the colored face buttons is more visually appealing.

IMO The Sonic Blue looks much better in promo shots than in real life, though I don't overall think it's bad. The one I ordered direct from Microsoft has a minor defect on the left analog stick where just a tiny part of the plastic is raised up and causes a tiny "bump" sensation when it's tilted in its upper right motion — I can feel it on 360 degree motions or any time I go over the bump spot but it isn't big enough to actually stop inputs from being read, it's just a tiny feel thing that isn't on the black controller that came with my Series X or my Robot White one, and I really doubt it'd happen all the time.

But yeah, the blue isn't as good looking in real life as it is in promo shots IMO, and i'm not a fan of the monotone blue face buttons, and mine has a very minor defect but outside of that it's still good.
Cool, I was thinking of getting Robot White myself. My Astro's are white, as is my controller stand, and headset stand so a white controller will fit well. Thanks!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Am I crazy in thinking I should buy an Xbox Series S (my first Xbox ever, more a PlayStation guy) to solely leave at my Mom's house just to have as a little gamepass machine or whatever when I'm in town away from my PC and whatnot? My thought process is for example right now I'm in town for 2 weeks for the holidays and don't have much besides my work laptop (lol). If I had something like Ultimate and an Xbox Series X (or just my PC still) I'd be able to pick up and continue off on certain things when I'm in town.

I tend to want to make impulse buys like this, but it kinda seems like $300 for this situation is dumb lol. Best Buy says I can order to the store and have it on Sunday..

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy in thinking I should buy an Xbox Series S (my first Xbox ever, more a PlayStation guy) to solely leave at my Mom's house just to have as a little gamepass machine or whatever when I'm in town away from my PC and whatnot? My thought process is for example right now I'm in town for 2 weeks for the holidays and don't have much besides my work laptop (lol). If I had something like Ultimate and an Xbox Series X (or just my PC still) I'd be able to pick up and continue off on certain things when I'm in town.

I tend to want to make impulse buys like this, but it kinda seems like $300 for this situation is dumb lol. Best Buy says I can order to the store and have it on Sunday..
You'll probably end up taking with you anyway because it is so small

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
You'll probably end up taking with you anyway because it is so small
That's true lol. I have a 65 inch x900e at home that I'd rather have the Series X for and then get GPU via the $1 upgrade for 3 years worth. But the Series S being left at Mom's would be like a little convenient sidekick...

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019

It's not a bad idea, depending on how often you go back and for how long. Like, you could buy GPU one month at a time for when you're there, just to play some of the Xbox exclusives.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Is MS still adding original Xbox/Xbox 360 games to the Xbox store? I'm honestly a bit disappointed with the current catalog :x
No. Very sparingly. I recall them saying new additions would be 'unlikely'.

Microsoft paused the backwards compatibility program after June 2019 to focus on Xbox Series X/S, so they didn't add anything until the launch of the
systems. They did release a huge batch of X1X enhanced games, OG Xbox Games, and Xbox 360 games just before pausing the program.

www.polygon.com

Microsoft announces final backward-compatible games coming to Xbox One

Microsoft will no longer expand Xbox One’s library of classic games

Here is the final selection of original Xbox games that will be made playable on the Xbox One and Xbox One X:

• Armed and Dangerous
  • Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
  • Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
  • Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
And here are the last games — all made by Microsoft's internal Rare team — that will be updated to take advantage of the 4K visuals of the Xbox One X:

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Kameo Elements of Power
  • Perfect Dark
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Viva Piñata
  • Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
And finally, here is the final collection of Xbox 360 games that will be playable on the Xbox One and Xbox One X this week:

• Asura's Wrath
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
  • Enchanted Arms
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Far Cry Classic
  • Far Cry Instincts Predator
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
  • Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
  • Skate
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syndicate
  • Too Human
  • Unreal Tournament III
Too Human will even be given to players free of charge.

Obviously, adding the entire X1 library, along with auto-HDR is already a pretty monumental task on its own, but according to articles I've read, such as the one below, it sounds like they are very much interested in continuing to bring X360 and OG Xbox games to the platforms, but that it could be tricky due to licensing.

www.eurogamer.net

Microsoft open to your suggestions for more Xbox back-compat games

In a new blog post summing up the Xbox Series X's backwards compatibility features, Microsoft has hinted it may not be …

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We love our Series S so it's not a bad thought.

You also could buy a switch if you don't have one as you could play it at home and easily take it with you whenever you travel.

Both would be fine options.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
So I finally scraped together enough cash to get a Series X. Apologies if this has been addressed in the thread earlier, but, what do I need to do to start hunting one down. I've got Twitter sending me push notifications anytime Wario64 tweets anything (so my phone is going off non stop.) but is there anywhere else I should be checking on a regular basis. I live in the US.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State

No joke, I'm seriously considering a Series S for when I'm away from my Series X. I spend a lot of time at my grandparents (up to a week at a time) so it would be nice to have a small, compact Xbox that is easy to pack up.

I got a Switch and that is mighty fine but I'd also like to access my Xbox games when I'm not home. Don't know if it is worth a $300 impulse purchase right now but I'm very interested in one in the near future.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
No joke, I'm seriously considering a Series S for when I'm away from my Series X. I spend a lot of time at my grandparents (up to a week at a time) so it would be nice to have a small, compact Xbox that is easy to pack up.

I got a Switch and that is mighty fine but I'd also like to access my Xbox games when I'm not home. Don't know if it is worth a $300 impulse purchase right now but I'm very interested in one in the near future.

Literally the same situation I'm in huh lol. I cancelled a Series X pre-order I made on Day 1 because I didn't really need/want it and already have a high end PC so all of these Xbox purchases would just be impulse convenience purchases... hmmm. Decisions, decisions...