• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
ive sworn by monoprice for like 15 years at this point, they have never let me down

there just seems to be a lot of issues/confusion with the full 4k 120 capability of alot of cables, companies are saying HDMI 2.1 but they arent living up to spec
If you think that's bad, try to get long Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C 3.2 2x2 cables.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
fwiw these seem great but are the same length as provided

Amazon.com: Cable Matters 3-Pack 48Gbps Ultra HD 8K HDMI Cable with 8K 120Hz Video and HDR Support for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, RTX3080 / 3090, RX 6800/6900, Apple TV, and More - 2m, 6.6 Feet: Electronics

The appeal there is its a 3 pack and they dont look ugly, I run all my cables in a wall so it would be nice to have the multi colored heads for management

they produce a 10ft~ variant but are not selling them atm

I ended up purchasing this for immediate use

Amazon.com: 8K HDMI Cable, AUDIANO 8K HDMI Cable 100% Real 8K, High Speed 48Gbps 8K@60Hz 7680P Dolby Vision, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 HDR, eARC Compatible with Apple TV, Samsung QLED TV (10ft): Electronics

I have a family member with a 3080 card and uses this with no issues

additionally these are out of stock for a month but I bought them to do the aforementioned in wall installation incase the multicolor ones take too long

Amazon.com: Cable Matters 3-Pack 48Gbps Ultra HD 8K HDMI Cable (Braided 8K HDMI Cable) with HDR for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, RTX3080 / 3090, Apple TV, and More - 3m, 9.8 Feet: Home Audio & Theater

Mar 19, 2020
Those of you playing Valhalla, has performance stabilized on the series X with the patches? Also, do you feel like it is a real showpiece for the hardware? I'm pretty done with the overly long Ubisoft open world game formula, but now it's on sale and if it is amazing looking I could put some time into it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So, I returned my busted Xbox Play & Charge kit now and got myself something else.

What the fuck was I thinking in the first place with the Play and Charge kit. The P&C kit has a 1400mah battery for 22€.
For 18!€ I could buy myself this now.

WAOiWuE.jpg

16 rechargable batteries, each of them with 2000!mah power. That's like 10 times the value or so. Jesus, now I really wish the PS5 controller also had no build in battery, that's so much better, it's insane.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Those of you playing Valhalla, has performance stabilized on the series X with the patches? Also, do you feel like it is a real showpiece for the hardware? I'm pretty done with the overly long Ubisoft open world game formula, but now it's on sale and if it is amazing looking I could put some time into it.
Just repurchased Valhalla after refunding it at launch (due to corrupt save bug). Plays and looks great, honestly I found the cinematics more impressive with Cyberpunk

newdivide

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone having problems with Control on Series S? It crashed twice with the message: Out of Video Memory, CreatedCommittedResource: due to lack of video memory.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Just set my SX up. Thing is dead silent and I love the aesthetics. I'm glad MS makes their stuff matte, looks so much better than glossy. Updating Valhalla then diving in

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Hey yall is there a definitive source to buy replacement HDMI 2.1 cables from?
There are obviously tons on Amazon but the reviews are all over the place and I dont trust them. Yes I know Vincent did the video with that one, but Im just curious if anyone has found an alternative. I need longer than the cord in the box.

I'd go with monoprice, here's a link to all their 2.1 compatible cables:

HDMI CABLES - HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Monoprice, Inc. (DBA. MonoPrice.com) specializes in the wholesale distribution of world class cable assemblies for home theater, PC, and high technology industries. MonoPrice.com offers a wide range of products from standard PC products, network cables, and HDMI cables to custom cable assemblies...

This cable was endorsed by HDTVTest on Youtube as well:

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, I returned my busted Xbox Play & Charge kit now and got myself something else.

What the fuck was I thinking in the first place with the Play and Charge kit. The P&C kit has a 1400mah battery for 22€.

WAOiWuE.jpg

16 rechargable batteries, each of them with 2000!mah power. That's like 10 times the value or so. Jesus, now I really wish the PS5 controller also had no build in battery, that's so much better, it's insane.
Yeah I use energized rechargeable batteries and have been for years. I bought a fresh 8 pack when I got the XSX and the battery life is still insane. I'm getting about 20 hours out of each charge and I have a fully charged pair of AAs ready to go when the rumble shuts off on my controller.

Its nice being able to just leave my controller on the ottoman and not have to always plug it in and retrieve it from the system when I want to play.

Green

Oct 27, 2017

WAOiWuE.jpg

Mhmm. This is how I've been doing it. Best part: you never have to be wired this way. Always have 2 ready to go fully charged and "reloading" the controller takes seconds. I'm able to remove the battery cover in the same motion as removing the batteries themselves, pop 2 back in, cover, turn on and go!

It's the best way. One of the small critiques I have of the Elite Series 2 is the internal battery not being easily removable for battery swaps, and not supporting AAs.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Its cheaper to buy a stand alone non portable SSD and simply put it into a ssd caddy. It wont need an external power source as USB power is sufficient.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Man the Series X bundle is still available on GameStop. Maybe they should realize a $735 bundle not arriving before Christmas isn't the best idea?

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
The original crackdown really shines in 4k (I guess ?) and auto HDR, wow! Already loved the game back on the 360 many years ago. the "parcour" aspect of the game is still great. The gunplay though...not so much ^^
It's playable via game pass if anyone wants to check it out.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Got my Series X today and set it up. It's a really impressive machine. Silent!

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I don't play enough games to merit the extra storage. I'm playing cyberpunk and ac. Those are the only games that need to be on the ssd now

I have 15 Game Pass titles installed and I'm only about half full on storage. And of those 15, I never play more than 5 or so games at a time, so while I'm sympathetic to those who run out of space it's something I've never been able to relate to.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

I have 15 Game Pass titles installed and I'm only about half full on storage. And of those 15, I never play more than 5 or so games at a time, so while I'm sympathetic to those who run out of space it's something I've never been able to relate to.
I mean yeah. If you download everything, I'm sure you'll run out of space. But when you do the math on what you actually play regularly, you have wayyyyy more than enough. And tbh, quick resume mitigates much of the downsides of installing to an externalHDD

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
Picking up my XSX tomorrow! Gonna update Borderlands, just got the DLC today with the live sale. Just got Ultimate, any must-have games that I should give a shot? Haven't played Sea of Thieves or Gears of War (But I have never played a GoW game...).

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Picking up my XSX tomorrow! Gonna update Borderlands, just got the DLC today with the live sale. Just got Ultimate, any must-have games that I should give a shot? Haven't played Sea of Thieves or Gears of War (But I have never played a GoW game...).
If you have a friend with an Xbox play through all the gears campaigns co-op (Ultimate which is a remastered version of 1 then 2, 3 Judgement, 4 and finally 5). They're super quick to get through and extremely fun.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Anyone know if there are plans to make bigger size expansion cards for next year? Already running out of space but I feel like an extra 1tb won't be enough for the future.
They didn't say anything about making bigger sizes although they hinted that we may see more vendors selling additional storage solutions (i.e. someone other than Seagate).

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone out there is on a tcl 615/617, any insight on what you're setting for Auto HDR Calibration settings? I keep fiddling with mine cause I don't feel like I'm able to get to a happy place with it

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there are plans to make bigger size expansion cards for next year? Already running out of space but I feel like an extra 1tb won't be enough for the future.
You're better off buying an external USB SSD and moving content that can be played there to it.

I did that

~1TB internal
1TB Expansion card
4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD on a nice and good performing enclosure

Thinking of picking a 12TB WD D10 for "cold" storage down the line.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
So storage is weird. Just sent through my library to remove several games that installed themselves twice, 1 on internal and 1 on external.

One in particular, Destiny 2, I deleted. And now my queue is trying to download it again.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I noticed that the right trigger on series controller has gotten very loud with a real noticeable click while my still left has the soft sounding thud. Anyone else?