• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
It may just be a Destiny 2 thing but multiple times when playing that game my controller starts to flash and it disconnects. I can't reconnect it.(even pulling batteries) and it's worth noting that if I turn on my 2nd controller, it just flashes and won't connect. Only a hard reboot of the console remedies this. Which has me thinking it's some kind of crash.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Got to spend some time my XSX last night and it's seriously great!

The snappiness of the UI is really great and there's a lot of little details I like here versus what I had with the PS4 Pro. For starters the lack of that dumb media app that has to open before you can open a media app and that has tons of useless junk in it. AC:Valhalla is really great in performance mode and I'm having a lot of fun so far. Just need to get to England. Quick Resume was really cool to see work when I was jumping between Gears and AC. Having screenshots and videos sent directly to the Xbox app instead of having to use social media or a USB drive or something is pretty great too.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Today I put the Tenet UHD Blu-ray into my XSX and the noise was ok. Pretty much what I had with my XOX. Not sure what happened there a couple of weeks ago when that thing wanted to lift off like a jet engine.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I've been struggling with a 99% full hard drive since Week 1, and I really wanna cave and buy the 1TB Expansion Card, but part of me also knows in a year, they'll release a 2 TB Expansion Card for the same price. Paying $219 for 1 TB isn't worth it. :'(

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been struggling with a 99% full hard drive since Week 1, and I really wanna cave and buy the 1TB Expansion Card, but part of me also knows in a year, they'll release a 2 TB Expansion Card for the same price. Paying $219 for 1 TB isn't worth it. :'(
Tbh, I just got an external HDD and just moved things backwards and forwards. Not a great solution, unless you go SSD. I just don't play that many series X updated titles to keep them all on but if you want CoD, Halo, gears etc, then it's full very fast 😂

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

I've got the expansion card in my Amazon wish list, and I admit to staring at it a couple of times per week longer than I should, haha.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Same, but im not even considering buying the expansion card tbh. If I get an accessory, it would probably be the Elite 3 when that comes out.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Just popping in to say that the new Series controller is amazing! I still have 2 regular One controllers lying around, but recently saw a deal for the new Series controller + the Wireless Adapter for 35€ over here in Germany, couldn't resist getting one. The d-pad feels great. I never had an Elite controller so I don't know how that one feels, but this is definitely an improvement over the old d-pad. And I really like the texturized triggers. The controller just feels pleasant in my hands. Some small, but fantastic refinements. The pairing process with my PC also went flawless, great experience.

With Sony coming up with the brilliant Dualsense and Microsoft improving their already stellar controller even more (and for lots of other reasons), gaming in general is in a great position.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Just noticed the Ultimate Add-On bundle for Forza Horizon 4 is on sale for $19.99. Absolutely loved the base game and put in like, 50 hours into since the Series X came out. Definitely think $20 is a good price for all the DLC.

I haven't been able to connect to Forza Life and play online in like, a week, anyone else having this problem on the Series X? I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet. :/

Could have had it from Target at like $180
It's less the price, and more that I'm gonna hate myself for spending money on a 1 TB expansion card, and then replace it later with a bigger Expansion Card and have to sell the 1 TB for like $50. It really sucks the Series X only has one slot. Basically forces me to either waste money buying now and upgrading later, or just dealing with it until an eventual 2 TB/5 TB card comes out. :/

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get captures off of an Xbox? I take a lot of captures and keep them organized on my computer.

The OneDrive upload seems like the simplest way, but it's a little slow. I didn't find a way to directly copy the files onto a USB drive but that would probably be preferable.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Achievements sounds arent working
for a couple weeks and hard resets later the achievements are not making sounds. just popping up.
is anyone else having issues with notification sounds?

Oct 27, 2017
Was losing my mind last night because HDR wasn't working properly on my Series X after the latest update. It would turn on, and then immediately flicker off - with every game I played.

Tried new cables, new inputs, basically whatever I could. Even re-joined the insider program to get that insider update (hoping it would fix the problem, since this only started with the last update). No help, still would flicker off and everything would be dull and washed out because the xbox would still think that HDR was on.

Turns out what had happened was that the color space settings on the xbox had changed from 10-bit to 8-bit, for whatever reason. And that option is buried in a different settings page (fidelity), which I had not even thought to look at. As soon as I switched back though, everything started working properly. So if anybody has any issues like I had, make sure to check out that video fidelity page.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
How do you setup an XSX to download games while in instant on mode? I queued MCC up to download from the Gamepass app earlier this morning and I just turned my XSX on and the game had not started downloading at all.

Is there some mode relating to hard drive access or something?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
How do you setup an XSX to download games while in instant on mode? I queued MCC up to download from the Gamepass app earlier this morning and I just turned my XSX on and the game had not started downloading at all.

As far as I know it should just work, as long as it's not in the "energy saving" mode.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
Anybody else having trouble with Horizon 4 right now? I am stuck at an infinite loading screen right after the start Menu. I already deleted and re downloaded the game, but that didn't do the trick. Any Tipps?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the expansion card in my Amazon wish list, and I admit to staring at it a couple of times per week longer than I should, haha.

Same. I've hovered my finger over that buy now button a few times this week alone.

I think I may just cave and get it. I install a lot of Game Pass shit so I kinda need it.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Well, Amazon Mexico had 20% discount on the Series S and I just bought one on a whim. I think it'll complement my PS5 very well.

Hadn't had an Xbox in almost 9 years. Time to dust off my old Gamertag.

Last edited:

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
My Series X should be here tomorrow. Im
Really excited even though there's nothing really new new. Playing Valhalla with the new bumps will be more than enough

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

Mine seems to be super random. Some days it'll download updates and others when I turn it on after work it has to download like 4 different patches. Can't figure out the rhyme or reason why. My One X was actually the same way.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Idk if this is off topic but anyways:

Am I being delusional thinking that playing Cyberpunk on the series x looks great, or are my eyes deceiving me?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Idk if this is off topic but anyways:

Am I being delusional thinking that playing Cyberpunk on the series x looks great, or are my eyes deceiving me?

It definitely can in quality mode with CA, film grain, and blur off. But even at quality mode, the dithering shadows it's uses are everywhere are incredibly distracting. I had to abandon performance mode because the game is such a blurry mess otherwise.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I should've expected it but goddamn is it a letdown driving the Quadra in Cyberpunk after racing with it in Forza first; it just does not feel good to drive anything that isn't a bike in that game.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a running list of game upgrades on the series x? akin to the One X?
Check this out:

www.xbox.com

Optimized for Series X|S | Xbox

Games Optimized for Xbox Series X|S will showcase unparalleled visuals.
We have an Xbox Enhancements thread right here on this very forum! It may not be perfect, but it is ours.

Hmm, that must not automatically update. I pushed a Series X|S version of Outbreak last week and don't see it on that list. I wonder if there's an automated updating list anywhere...
Would you mind either sending me a PM or posting in the above thread what the X|S version's enhancements are, please? It would be a great help and I absolutely want to get the information out there.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I'm considering getting a gaming monitor. Will this work for 1440p @120hz for Series X?

www.bhphotovideo.com

LG 32GK650F-B 32" 16:9 QHD LCD Gaming Monitor

Buy LG 32GK650F-B 32" 16:9 QHD LCD Gaming Monitor featuring Vertical Alignment (VA) Technology, HDMI & DisplayPort Inputs, QHD 2560 x 1440 Resolution, 3000:1 Contrast Ratio, 350 cd/m² Brightness, 178°/178° Viewing Angles, 5 ms Response Time (GtG), 16.7 Million Colors, 144 Hz Refresh Rate, -5 to...

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
GPU 14-day trial code (new accounts), if anyone needs it ->
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like since getting my XSX at launch, I've had Quick Resume work maybeeeee three times. Major Nelson just tweeted about Immortals Fenyx Rising and specifically called out that it supports Smart Delivery and Quick Resume, and I can say from experience I've had to open that game up fresh every time I've played something else. I'm not doing anything weird, and I'm not running a ton of games at once. Is there something I'm just missing to make sure this feature works more consistently?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any issues with their XSX just like shutting itself down?

I went to the store and searched for the Apple TV app last night, I downloaded it and then immediately the XSX shut itself down. Since it is connected with CEC it shut everything down also.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like since getting my XSX at launch, I've had Quick Resume work maybeeeee three times. Major Nelson just tweeted about Immortals Fenyx Rising and specifically called out that it supports Smart Delivery and Quick Resume, and I can say from experience I've had to open that game up fresh every time I've played something else. I'm not doing anything weird, and I'm not running a ton of games at once. Is there something I'm just missing to make sure this feature works more consistently?
Are you playing a lot of different games? I think Quick Resume must close down games at the back of the stack once a certain number of other games are open.

It's kind of useless as a feature if it can't be relied upon, I wish they better surfaced which games are currently running in the background

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Yeah they really need to add some sort of Quick Resume queue in the guide button and add a QR text overlay on your games screen for sessions that are being preserved.

It works for the games I play all the time though, no issues with it but I just don't want it to be a mystery.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Hey yall is there a definitive source to buy replacement HDMI 2.1 cables from?
There are obviously tons on Amazon but the reviews are all over the place and I dont trust them. Yes I know Vincent did the video with that one, but Im just curious if anyone has found an alternative. I need longer than the cord in the box.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Hey yall is there a definitive source to buy replacement HDMI 2.1 cables from?
There are obviously tons on Amazon but the reviews are all over the place and I dont trust them. Yes I know Vincent did the video with that one, but Im just curious if anyone has found an alternative. I need longer than the cord in the box.

Is monoprice still reputable?