• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Has MS acknowledge the broken HDR settings on the Series X? Every time I turn on my system I have to go back to the calibration tool and adjust it every single time I boot up. Prior to the latest system patch it would save the settings...but not it reverts as soon as I power off the system.

Nov 4, 2017
I have that bug on Legion and have posted videos on Ubisoft forums reporting the issue there. They've said they've been able to replicate and are working on a fix. The glitching is there even when recording through the Xbox itself (as opposed to speakers or TV).

It's not the same thing as the little pops you hear sometimes in the Xbox UI when you get a notification or whatever. Those little pops have been there since the original Xbox One and don't happen in games.

Please do report the Legion issue to Ubi in this thread, the more people complain the more likely it is they'll fix it: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2292856-Audio-Popping-Cracking?p=15247039#post15247039

You don't need to start a return request. The popping and crackling in Watch Dogs isn't tied to a particular sound effect: it happens constantly on the main menu, in game and in in-game menus too. The sound glitch is also different too.

You can go on Legion youtube streams and hear the glitching there too. Some people don't notice it when they're playing, only in the menus - but if you get the bug it's there all the time.

Thanks for the update. I noticed it during the first 10 or so seconds of the Forza Horizon 4 intro music too but couldn't find a video on Youtube that had the same crackles so thought it was going to be the console. I don't recall hearing in on the One X and since it goes away and doesn't happen in the game itself, I'm not that bothered.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Thanks for the update. I noticed it during the first 10 or so seconds of the Forza Horizon 4 intro music too but couldn't find a video on Youtube that had the same crackles so thought it was going to be the console. I don't recall hearing in on the One X and since it goes away and doesn't happen in the game itself, I'm not that bothered.
Just listened to the Forza 4 opening a few times and although there are a couple of quiet crackles here and there, it's definitely not the same issue as the Xbox UI or the glitch in Legion. Sounds like a mastering thing.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
It's been real, but I just opted to sell my Series S to someone on Facebook Marketplace. I haven't touched the thing aside from the rewards app, and that way only to get free Game Pass to keep access to games I'm not playing.

Not trying to stir the pot here as I think the Series S/X are great consoles. They're just not for me until more games come out. That and I figured I'd help a kind soul who actually wants one to use for now. Listed it for $350 and got like 30 interested buyers in my area within hours. Didn't want to be a scalper. Just make some cash to cover shipping I paid and travel to meet them.

I can't wait to see what these consoles look like a year from now. Maybe that'll be when I'm ready to buy and actually use them.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Has anyone else had an issue with the sound on their TV when switching to the Xbox input? The sound from my TV menus works fine, but it doesn't recognize any sounds from my Xbox Series X until I do a hard reset on the TV. Samsung RU9000.

Also, I like the new addition of the dedicated 'Share' button on the controller, but I actually sort of prefer the Xbox One controller (the most recent revision). It feels slightly bigger and maybe its just me but the LB/RB sticks out just a little more.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Did Ghost Recon Wildlands get an XSX update? 22gb download for me. Just wondering.

Edit: patch notes say no :(

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's been real, but I just opted to sell my Series S to someone on Facebook Marketplace. I haven't touched the thing aside from the rewards app, and that way only to get free Game Pass to keep access to games I'm not playing.

Not trying to stir the pot here as I think the Series S/X are great consoles. They're just not for me until more games come out. That and I figured I'd help a kind soul who actually wants one to use for now. Listed it for $350 and got like 30 interested buyers in my area within hours. Didn't want to be a scalper. Just make some cash to cover shipping I paid and travel to meet them.

I can't wait to see what these consoles look like a year from now. Maybe that'll be when I'm ready to buy and actually use them.
It's understandable. I have an absolute ton to play from last gen still I'm working thru and the much better loading times is helping me along for sure. If that's not you though, the jump in next gen so far is pretty bare.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Random question but how large is the HDMI cable that is included? I am trying to plan my setup when the system arrives.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
It's understandable. I have an absolute ton to play from last gen still I'm working thru and the much better loading times is helping me along for sure. If that's not you though, the jump in next gen so far is pretty bare.

the smaller games on game pass interest me far more than new AAA games. I'm so excited to get my x. Seems like ms is doing an amazing job with the indies

Was hoping it would've shipped by now. Ordered it on the nov 24th. Think I'm meant to get it on the 24th of dec.

May 25, 2019
London

Do you have a PC or PS5 that makes it redundant? I feel like even as just a Game Pass machine the Series S is a pretty good value

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
going back to try GTA was the first time I've felt like I was playing a last-gen game. You know this machine could do so much more with that game instead of it just chugging along.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Got my Series X yesterday, very impressed with everything (game pass ultimate, quick resume, look of the console, fast and responsive UI).

The "noise" level from this thing is honestly so relieving after around 4 years with a launch ps4 pro...my god have i suffered (in first world terms) ^^

However, when playing a game there seems to be another sound on top of the fan noise, a more middle/high pitched sound. This sound disapperes instantly as soon as i choose "quit" to close a game.

Can someone confirm if this is normal ? Just want to make sure because i'm a litte worried that it becomes louder over time..

Here is a video : you probably need to turn the volume up to hear it. Dont worry, no sudden loud noises in the video.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
My series x keeps disconnecting randomly while wired :(
try different port. You can select them easy in the advanced menu. I got always disconnected even on my One X with Destiny. was wired and all.
Just switch port and never had a issued anymore. Maybe you default port isnt liked by the console for some reason.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Ok, trying to do a little troubleshooting here... in the last day or two I have noticed screen blips/image jumps for a split second. (happened 2 or 3 times, total?) While playing my Series X. I have an LG C9. (since April) and I am connected via the default box-included Series X HDMI.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or read about it? I'm trying to determine if it is Console, TV, HDMI cord, or something else.
I am running in 4K HDR10 etc as the Tv basically "does everything".

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, trying to do a little troubleshooting here... in the last day or two I have noticed screen blips/image jumps for a split second. (happened 2 or 3 times, total?) While playing my Series X. I have an LG C9. (since April) and I am connected via the default box-included Series X HDMI.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or read about it? I'm trying to determine if it is Console, TV, HDMI cord, or something else.
For me it was the 120fps, I selected 60fps and never did it again, so will just leave it on that as 60fps is more than good enough for me

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to move screenshots off the Series X using a USB drive? For some reason I can't find that option
No, I also had the same question and someone on Xbox chat told me its not possible, only possible to share the screens online via OneDrive etc.

The only way is that you need to have a separate formatted USB connected to your console and choose where to save screenshots from the settings to external. If you're using an external drive to run games, it can't be the same drive. It has to be a different one.

It's very archaic even compared to how well PS4 did it last gen. A separate nice photos app.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
My mind is being blown right now. My husband gave me my Christmas gift early. The mad man bought me a 70' 4k tv. It's not high end but he said he had the choice between a high end 50' or a 70' HiSense and went with the bigger one.

I played a few chapters of Gears 5 and Oh Lord...

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
My mind is being blown right now. My husband gave me my Christmas gift early. The mad man bought me a 70' 4k tv. It's not high end but he said he had the choice between a high end 50' or a 70' HiSense and went with the bigger one.

I played a few chapters of Gears 5 and Oh Lord...

Congrats. I have a TCL 65 from 2018 that I want to upgrade to bigger. My wife wants it, maybe on the next year.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is it happening at random times? When I back out of a game, or start a game, or shut off the console etc, my C9 will flash green for a split second between images.

bluemax38

Nov 3, 2020
Yep, exactly the same issue here. Any permanent fix for it?
Not as far as I know unfortunately, I've found a scattering of other people online reporting similar issues but they seem to be more severe than what I'm getting. I'm just hoping it's software related rather than hardware... I'm also fairly lucky at the moment in that my wireless connection is pretty good (I get faster speeds using that than using wired with powerline adapters).

EDIT: Just seen Theorry's post, might also give that a go.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Hey peeps! I got this message from game regarding my sx. Does anyone know what this means for how soon I might get it?

"Good news! We just wanted to let you know that we are now starting to process your pre-order and it will be dispatched the day before release via the delivery method below."

I think they said the order would come on the 24th but I am hoping this suggests it's going to come real soon

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Has MS acknowledge the broken HDR settings on the Series X? Every time I turn on my system I have to go back to the calibration tool and adjust it every single time I boot up. Prior to the latest system patch it would save the settings...but not it reverts as soon as I power off the system.

I just realized this is happening a few minutes ago. Really hope they fix this soon. It's a relatively minor annoyance, but obviously this should be set and forget.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Got my XSX earlier! I was concerned that it we screwed because the image went nuts any time I opened up an app but I think that for some reason my soundbar can't pass the signal which is odd because my PS4 had no problem.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is anybody else here experiencing issues with a VRR capable TV (not monitor) with the X?

The One X used to flicker badly, light to dark constantly, so I disabled the feature.
I enabled it again for the Series X and it's mostly ok now. But certain games get the rapid flicker as well, Horizon 4 in particular - though never "in game" always in the menus, during loading screens, etc. Horizon is really annoying since it will often (but not always) do it in the map screen.

Looking it up online, I see multiple people reporting similar issues for LG and Samsung TVs (I have a Samsung Q6FN from 2018). Firmware is current, latest update was early Nov this year.

...I just disabled it for now, even the slight flicker during the map screen of FH4 is kinda painful to look at.

edit: I should mention it's in Game Mode, the Freesync option isn't possible otherwise. I've gone as far as putting it into PC Mode and disabling the Auto Game Mode option, in case it was something to do with auto-dimming (the PC mode removes all of the dimming stuff)

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
For some reason gears 5 was downloading and it said 338 gb out of 338 gb and growing. I canceled the update and deleted the whole game. Got to redownload it

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Just hooked up my new SX and it's sitting next to my PS5.

RDR2 still looks fucking incredible. Will there be a next-gen patch for 60fps ++ any time soon?

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason gears 5 was downloading and it said 338 gb out of 338 gb and growing. I canceled the update and deleted the whole game. Got to redownload it
mine didn't get that high but it was doing the same thing of saying Xgb of Xgb and not giving a total but growing with the download. It didn't actually download more than it needed though but it's a weird bug(?) maybe. never seen it happen before.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure this is well known, but something nifty that I didn't expect is that Quick Resume works with discs. What I mean is that I removed the GTA IV disc from my XSX a week ago, put in Cyberpunk, installed Cyberpunk, and then a week later I removed Cyberpunk from the disc drive, put GTAIV back in and it instantly Quick Resumed where I left off. I just for some reason assumed Quick Resume wouldn't work with disc based games. Pretty cool stuff. You can just swap discs in and out and it holds your spot.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this is well known, but something nifty that I didn't expect is that Quick Resume works with discs. What I mean is that I removed the GTA IV disc from my XSX a week ago, put in Cyberpunk, installed Cyberpunk, and then a week later I removed Cyberpunk from the disc drive, put GTAIV back in and it instantly Quick Resumed where I left off. I just for some reason assumed Quick Resume wouldn't work with disc based games. Pretty cool stuff. You can just swap discs in and out and it holds your spot.
Game is installed in the storage, your disc is just a license key

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My Shock Blue controller's Xbox button doesn't seem to always respond to my input, and sometimes when I try to press it to bring up my quick menu again after a failed attempt at bringing the quick menu up, it just brings up the Turn Off Xbox, Turn Off Controller, Restart System page instead, even though I hadn't been holding the Xbox button.

Weird behavior. Seems to happen once almost every session I turn my Xbox on now too. Not sure if it's the controller itself or the Xbox system kinda going nuts. I've performed several restarts too.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game is installed in the storage, your disc is just a license key

Yeah, I get how/why it works, but it was still kind of jarring. I'll also say, GTA IV at 60FPS and Auto HDR is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if the game holds up exactly, but I'm having more fun with it than a certain current gen game that I just ejected....which I'm sure will also be an improved experience someday.

This stuff is all pretty wild as someone who grew up playing games that still play the exact same today as they did when I first shoved it in that NES or SNES. I know it's all been kind of incremental over the years, but stuff like quick resume and back performance enhancements wouldn't have even been fathomable to 10 year old me. You pulled out your Contra cartridge, and put it back in, and it started you at the beginning. The more time I spend with this console, the more of an appreciate I have for the work that went into it.

Oct 27, 2017
So uh, I restarted my Xbox and it is stuck on a black screen and has been like that for 3 minutes.

Edit: had to turn it off with the main power button. It seems that something was messing with the console because I wanted to check the contents of my installed MK11 items and only had the 'waiting' animation, same for checking for updates.

Last edited:

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, I restarted my Xbox and it is stuck on a black screen and has been like that for 3 minutes.

Edit: had to turn it off with the main power button. It seems that something was messing with the console because I wanted to check the contents of my installed MK11 items and only had the 'waiting' animation, same for checking for updates.
You didn't vape into it, right?

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
My Shock Blue controller's Xbox button doesn't seem to always respond to my input, and sometimes when I try to press it to bring up my quick menu again after a failed attempt at bringing the quick menu up, it just brings up the Turn Off Xbox, Turn Off Controller, Restart System page instead, even though I hadn't been holding the Xbox button.

Weird behavior. Seems to happen once almost every session I turn my Xbox on now too. Not sure if it's the controller itself or the Xbox system kinda going nuts. I've performed several restarts too.
This happens to me too with black controller that came with the console! Hoping for a fix soon.

Colargogol

Jan 22, 2020
Is there a way to download all owned dlc for a game without having to manually install each one ?
Long time rock band owner here.