• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is not the place, but I have a 3.0 128 GB thumb drive that isn't being recognized by the Xbox series X. I actually just want it to be recognized as media storage. I think the format is exFAT. I have a crappy little 16 GB thumb drive that is being recognized however. I've tried moving it around the usb ports and no go. I was actually hoping to use it in Dev mode.

So I guess my question is if anyone has any advice for me, and if not, if there any recommendations for 128 GB thumb drive they have seen working.

ExFat works fine for me on a 128 GB Kingston DTSE9 G2

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of my screen captures don't seem to be uploading to xbox live properly and are not appearing in the app. Is there an easy way to transfer captures to a USB?

I know I can upload them to OneDrive and then download them on my computer but that's a bit of a hassle.

Edit: Just as I put this they all seem to have appeared after days of not doing.

Last edited:

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What charging animation? I don't have one at all, it just sits at a specific state.

nxOXBJS.jpg

Cable is connected.
That little battery icon is supposed to have an animation showing it filling up.
Mine was static as well, until I reseated the battery.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
If I have a high end pc, is there any reason to look into a series x?
If your goal is to simply play games, no not really, as Microsoft titles and many games will be on GamePass between the two. The reason to get one from my perspective as I also just have a gaming pc, is the convenience of the couch for certain games, auto HDR/HDR in general, and for the console exclusive/GamePass Xbox exclusive titles that won't be on PC. It's more of a luxury convenience thing to me.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I have a decent PC but still got a Series X. For me it has to do with my job. For most of 2020, I've been working from home, sitting at a computer all day. My gaming computer is at the same desk. I was basically spending my entire day in one spot - working during the day, gaming at that same spot in the evenings. I felt like my family wasn't seeing me.

I needed a way to game that let me be in a different spot in my house and not be a complete hermit. I know this reason doesn't apply to everyone but I will be working from home for the foreseeable future and it's nice to not be spending the entire day in one spot.

I am having a great time with the Series X, though. I don't regret it at all. There are so many games to play, and even though I'm still making a token effort to get a PS5, my heart's not really in it because I simply don't have the need or time for another console.

I'll get a PS5 eventually, maybe even soon if I can find one. But I'm really happy with the Xbox.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I've got both. It depends.

XSX is way, way more convenient than a PC. It just works. It's ridiculously fast and reliable. And Game Pass is fully integrated in to the entire experience, so you can quickly browse, discover, install and play games all from the comfort of your couch and controller with such a frictionless experience. And there's no messing with multiple launchers, every game has Achievements and links to your same friends list etc.

But then there's PC, and if you have a RTX 3080 for example, there's no getting around the fact that it's more powerful than the XSX by an order of magnitude. You can enjoy native 4k on anything you like, or 120fps on anything you like, and throw in some ultra settings etc. You're in control. You can also mod games. And of course the PC games library is way larger and you'll have access to Switch/PS5 exclusives from Silksong to Project Athia.

All depends what's important to you. But if you just want to play the games with no messing around then that's always the beauty of consoles.

I love the convenience of console personally, but I also love the power of PC. And whenever I'm playing a game on console I can't help but think it'd look way better on the RTX 3080 lol.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I have a decent PC but still got a Series X. For me it has to do with my job. For most of 2020, I've been working from home, sitting at a computer all day. My gaming computer is at the same desk. I was basically spending my entire day in one spot - working during the day, gaming at that same spot in the evenings. I felt like my family wasn't seeing me.

I needed a way to game that let me be in a different spot in my house and not be a complete hermit. I know this reason doesn't apply to everyone but I will be working from home for the foreseeable future and it's nice to not be spending the entire day in one spot.

I am having a great time with the Series X, though. I don't regret it at all. There are so many games to play, and even though I'm still making a token effort to get a PS5, my heart's not really in it because I simply don't have the need or time for another console.

I'll get a PS5 eventually, maybe even soon if I can find one. But I'm really happy with the Xbox.
I have both and I can confirm that I don't have the time for pc, Xbox and PS5. Glad I have them for the big games like god of war, but still

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, of course. It works and runs with just the battery, but it stays at the red bar and will always tell you after 5 minutes that the battery is almost empty. It's not charging further.

There's also no wrong way to insert it. It doesn't fit in any other way.
I got into Eneloops about 10 years ago and never looked back. They seem to last forever between charges and I always have like 6 of them charging and ready to go. Plus, I can use them in other devices around the house. At this stage I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Sorry if this is not the place, but I have a 3.0 128 GB thumb drive that isn't being recognized by the Xbox series X. I actually just want it to be recognized as media storage. I think the format is exFAT. I have a crappy little 16 GB thumb drive that is being recognized however. I've tried moving it around the usb ports and no go. I was actually hoping to use it in Dev mode.

So I guess my question is if anyone has any advice for me, and if not, if there any recommendations for 128 GB thumb drive they have seen working.
Minimum 256GB for external I believe or at least that's what MS state... though I notice Turnbl doesnt have issues, so that's weird.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I realize the sheer nothingness this decision is, but I'm torn on where to play Yakuza Kiwami 1. 1440p+AutoHDR+UsingMyNewXboxSeriesX... or 2160p on PC.

This decision will be easier for Kiwami 2, given how it's only 1080p on X Enhanced, but for now my Series X is so fresh and new I hate to neglect it.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I realize the sheer nothingness this decision is, but I'm torn on where to play Yakuza Kiwami 1. 1440p+AutoHDR+UsingMyNewXboxSeriesX... or 2160p on PC.

This decision will be easier for Kiwami 2, given how it's only 1080p on X Enhanced, but for now my Series X is so fresh and new I hate to neglect it.
Xbox. Turning on the console and being able to quickly resume vs starting up the computer, loading the store, then the game...

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox. Turning on the console and being able to quickly resume vs starting up the computer, loading the store, then the game...
Definitely all positives. The LoD and pop-in settings on the Xbox One X version of Yakuza Kiwami is far too low, though; it was really bothering me, especially since so much of the game is running around the city. I sure hope that the next 3 Yakuza games that get released on Xbox have Series X|S enhancements, not just One X.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I finished Gears 5 yesterday. I had some audio issues with it. The end music didn't play along with some other sound issues as well. If music was supposed to kick in, the audio would lower and stay there with no music playing at all.

Overall, the desert area was the low-point with the opening and ending chapters being the high-point.

That's pretty much the consensus of the game. I think a Gears 6 could be dope if they did more with the open world-y idea. As it stands those two levels are vast expanses of nothing in particular, as nice as they look.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked at how cool the XSX is. After talk of it getting really hot I expected it to be at least sonewhat toasty, but it's never gotten noticeably hotter than the One X. My Switch and phone get hotter than my XSX.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yes, of course. It works and runs with just the battery, but it stays at the red bar and will always tell you after 5 minutes that the battery is almost empty. It's not charging further.

There's also no wrong way to insert it. It doesn't fit in any other way.

Yeah, you're right. The battery can only slot in properly the correct way.

Not that you need to be told, but your battery is most likely bust. Have you tried charging it through the mains?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely all positives. The LoD and pop-in settings on the Xbox One X version of Yakuza Kiwami is far too low, though; it was really bothering me, especially since so much of the game is running around the city. I sure hope that the next 3 Yakuza games that get released on Xbox have Series X|S enhancements, not just One X.
Are you running it off the internal, a SSD or a hard drive?

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Dude 2 weeks ago Gamestop dropped an xbox bundle. I was able to get one through all access with them by manually doing it. It wasn't advertised but it worked
Huh, you'd think they'd advertise that. Though as you say bundle, I assume that means it can't just be like a console all access like the microsoft site said (consoles + 2 years of gamepass) and that it has to be one of the lame bundles they put together.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they will fix the HDR calibration not saving bug with an upcoming firmware. Getting tired of this issue.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
My console no longer updates games when I switch it off for some reasons. I have to keep it on for downloads to continue. It was working just fine until last week. Anyone else having this issue?

Apr 30, 2019
My auto HDR turns off if I turn my monitor off while a game is running and then turn it back on or if I change input and then change back. I have to restart the game completely to get the auto HDR to turn back on. Anyone else have this issue?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? Silksong is not coming to Xbox?!!

Currently it's not coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

Reason being Team Cherry is extremely small - only 3 or so devs I believe. Porting the game takes work. And the game sold best on Switch.

I imagine we'll see it on more consoles down the line.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Currently it's not coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

Reason being Team Cherry is extremely small - only 3 or so devs I believe. Porting the game takes work. And the game sold best on Switch.

I imagine we'll see it on more consoles down the line.
Yeah, I just looked at their site... Damn. But I can see why. But I'm also sure it will come to Xbox and PlayStation down the line.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm if Fallout 4 runs at 60 fps in bc mode on Series X? Googling it, I see some stories saying it will but they were from before the console came out. I also happen to know the game is locked to 30 on PS5.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone confirm if Fallout 4 runs at 60 fps in bc mode on Series X? Googling it, I see some stories saying it will but they were from before the console came out. I also happen to know the game is locked to 30 on PS5.
For now BC on Fallout 4 does not forces 60 FPS as they showed BC could do, they said they talk more about it after launch.

There's a mod you can install to make it run at 60, but using mods disable achievements.
I've read that there's a way to keep 60 FPS even after disabling the mode but I don't have the game to try (it was something like that : enable mod, load save, disable mod, load again, should be still 60).

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My auto HDR turns off if I turn my monitor off while a game is running and then turn it back on or if I change input and then change back. I have to restart the game completely to get the auto HDR to turn back on. Anyone else have this issue?
I think games start either in HDR modus or regular modus. And can't switch while running the game. That's why you have to restart the game to enable HDR.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017

My only disappointment with the PC version is that the subtitle text isn't 4K, so it's a bit blurry. There's a mod to fix this on the Steam version, but because of the Windows Store, you can't use it on the Game Pass version. Or at least, you couldn't last time I checked. It's been a while.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Honestly? No. I love my little Series S but I probably won't use it very often once I buy a new PC. I'll keep it around for original Xbox/360 stuff (which is more limited thant I thought, honestly) and stuff that doesn't make it to PC (like Crash 4, lol), I guess.

My PC is a potato so at the moment it's really nice having X|S optimized stuff and especially lightning fast loading times - but there are many games that haven't been optimized and look actually worse than on my ancient PC, it's kind of disappointing.

I do love my Xbox, though :P It's my first Xbox and I can definitely see the appeal. It's just redundant if you're mostly into PC.

Feb 27, 2019
My Series X has shipped! It's arriving Wednesday (though Microsoft still says 12/23).

For those keeping score, I ordered online from the MS Store on 12/1. So a very fast turnaround! Can't wait!!!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yeah, you're right. The battery can only slot in properly the correct way.

Not that you need to be told, but your battery is most likely bust.

After clipping the battery in and out again for 10 more times and trying to do it in other angles actually made this charging animation appear now, but I let it charge for the night and after removing the cable now, it still has the battery in the red 10% status so it's definitely dead. Had some hope here but it just doesn't work.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. My fan is on 24/7 with instant on.
This may have been asked like a million times. My XSX gets here today, have there been any reported issues using instant on or anything like that like there were maybe on the PS5? Is it safer to just be cold booting?

I'd rather use instant on but only if it's safe.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
This may have been asked like a million times. My XSX gets here today, have there been any reported issues using instant on or anything like that like there were maybe on the PS5? Is it safer to just be cold booting?

Been using Instant On since Nov 10, no issues.

The fan on mine isn't on 24/7

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I have a question about Control: are the DLCs like Doom Eternal's The Ancient Gods (playable outside the base game) or does it uses the progress from the campaign?

The always on fan annoys me. It's probably safe, but personally I don't recommend it. It takes 20s to cold boot and quick resume works even if you fully shut down the console (it dumps the RAM into the SSD).

My XSS is instant-on enabled because quick resume on AC Odyssey doesn't work when the console is shut down for some reason. I'll disable it when I finish the game or when it's fixed.

Last edited:

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Recently I've been having to reboot my tv and/or Xbox to get a picture on my CX. I'm assuming it's an Xbox issue since it worked before but only the Xbox has had updates since.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I've barely touched my Series S except to do the Weekly rewards, but I have to say I still love the thing. It looks so slick and the few times that I do use it, it's super fast!

Quick Resume is pretty hit or miss though. The only game I've had it work on so far is Metal Gear Rising. Every week I boot that up just to be amazed by the fact that it still resumes exactly where I left it.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Recently I've been having to reboot my tv and/or Xbox to get a picture on my CX. I'm assuming it's an Xbox issue since it worked before but only the Xbox has had updates since.
I've experienced a few issues like this. A flickering too.

I was able to fix it by not playing the game that started the issue (Minecraft Dungeons), and then when it was starting to happen last night in Cyberpunk, I turned off VRR/120HZ and turned it back on.

Also, is anyone experiencing controller connectivity issues?