• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Was wondering if someone knew this, I know there's a Dolby Atmos app for Xbox, does that work for UHD movie discs as well? I know a handful of games support it and I assume the streaming apps, but was wondering if that worked for 4K discs too.

Additionally, does the Atmos work with a headset plugged into the controller?

Thanks!

Yes to both questions.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Got my XSX today after the long wait from MS to ship

Loaded up my PGR4 disc, which I have been excited to revisit for years.
Not compatible.

I hate this console.

Seriously though, in many ways the presentation and ancillary features TROUNCE my PS5. Sony went backward in so many ways, while this seems to improve things without sacrificing anything. But I still see myself mostly sticking to PC while this exists for legacy titles. But I am mega bummed at no PGR support.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Not compatible.

I hate this console.

Seriously though, in many ways the presentation and ancillary features TROUNCE my PS5. Sony went backward in so many ways, while this seems to improve things without sacrificing anything. But I still see myself mostly sticking to PC while this exists for legacy titles. But I am mega bummed at no PGR support.

Probably license issues. Same reason almost all of the Forza titles aren't BC.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So all my games i have now installed or playing on Series X i am playing at 60fps

Tetris Connected
Cyberpunk
AC Valhalla
Ori 2
Forza Horizon 4
Destiny 2
Gears 5

Thank god.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Anyone else having problems with the official play and charge kit?

I bought a new one for the series x controller but it just isn't charging. Had it connected all day while playing and over night to a charging plug. Nothing. The charging bar recognizes I connected a cable with changing the battery icon from red to white but it's red again when I remove the cable.

Read on Amazon reviews that people have the same issue, what's going on here? Are they selling dead batteries in masses?

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020

I bought a new one for the series x controller but it just isn't charging. Had it connected all day while playing and over night to a charging plug. Nothing. The charging bar recognizes I connected a cable with changing the battery icon from red to white but it's red again when I remove the cable.

Read on Amazon reviews that people have the same issue, what's going on here? Are they selling dead batteries in masses?

Oh god, please ... no.
I ordered mine on Friday and it arrives tomorrow.
I had a play & charge kit for my 360 controllers back in the day and it died within a couple of weeks.

I had hoped that the new ones are better, hence why I skipped the Xbox One kit.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

I had the exact same issue as well.

I opened it back up and checked, it was sitting in there securely, but I reseated the battery and it started showing the charging animation like it was supposed to.
...and then the controller lost sync with the console and won't work without being plugged in. I think a reboot will probably fix that, going by comments online, but I just left it plugged in for now.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
started showing the charging animation like it was supposed to.

What charging animation? I don't have one at all, it just sits at a specific state.

nxOXBJS.jpg

Cable is connected.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a recommendation for a good headset for Series X? Doesn't have to be wireless, I'm ok with wired also.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Sorry if this is not the place, but I have a 3.0 128 GB thumb drive that isn't being recognized by the Xbox series X. I actually just want it to be recognized as media storage. I think the format is exFAT. I have a crappy little 16 GB thumb drive that is being recognized however. I've tried moving it around the usb ports and no go. I was actually hoping to use it in Dev mode.

So I guess my question is if anyone has any advice for me, and if not, if there any recommendations for 128 GB thumb drive they have seen working.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
is there a way to make pulse3d work with xbox?
headset sounds like its connecting to usb dongle, but no sound.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Got mine last week, so far so good.

Initially could not find it being sold anywhere (Canada), maybe there is a manufacturing issue with it?

Oct 27, 2017
I love my Series X. Having a blast right now replaying the Mass Effect Series. Finished ME 1 last night and just started ME 2 and it looks good.

Also getting into Planet Coaster & Cities: Skylines as well. Never thought I would play these type of games w/ a controller but I think i'm at the point where I prefer a controller over a keyboard & mouse.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Got mine last week, so far so good.

Initially could not find it being sold anywhere (Canada), maybe there is a manufacturing issue with it?

Maybe. But mine is definitely dead nothing is recharging.

Well, I can get 16 AA 2000mah rechargable Amazon batteries for like 5 bucks less than the broken Microsoft battery pack. What was I thinking, I will just get these now. The reports of other people should have been a warning for me....
Thanks god I ordered at Amazon tho, now I can send them back and get my money back immediately at least.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Launching C2077 doesn't turn on my TV's HDR mode. It keeps the HDR configuration present while my TV (Q70R) stays on a SDR feed, meaning extremely washed out colors. It's the only game that triggers this—all my other XSX's games launch just fine in HDR. Whats the deal with that?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
So all my games i have now installed or playing on Series X i am playing at 60fps

Tetris Connected
Cyberpunk
AC Valhalla
Ori 2
Forza Horizon 4
Destiny 2
Gears 5

Thank god.
I finished Gears 5 yesterday. I had some audio issues with it. The end music didn't play along with some other sound issues as well. If music was supposed to kick in, the audio would lower and stay there with no music playing at all.

Overall, the desert area was the low-point with the opening and ending chapters being the high-point.

Oct 28, 2017
God Destiny 2 runs buttery smooth on the new consoles. Not to mention how little time the ship idle animates when switching between worlds.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Not compatible.

I hate this console.

uh PGR games were never BC.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Is the battery inserted correctly?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Tetris Connected
Cyberpunk
AC Valhalla
Ori 2
Forza Horizon 4
Destiny 2
Gears 5

Thank god.
Same for me...I do have Planet Coaster (which is 60fps), Destiny 2, COD on mine that you don't have. I have not started COD since I am waiting for a patch that fixes all the crashes it seems to cause.

Oct 29, 2017
Same for me...I do have Planet Coaster (which is 60fps), Destiny 2, COD on mine that you don't have. I have not started COD since I am waiting for a patch that fixes all the crashes it seems to cause.

There no way Planet Coaster is 60fps in my experience. Constant jutters and drops just moving about the map that I'd guess it's dropping into 20fps or so at times.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
There no way Planet Coaster is 60fps in my experience. Constant jutters and drops just moving about the map that I'd guess it's dropping into 20fps or so at times.
For the most part it is 60fps...but depending on what you are doing there are some drops. I was testing some of the new rides from the Spookly DLC last night and on one of the rides in 1st person and just turning around it was bad...really bad...but I changed the camera angle and it was back to being very smooth. I would not call it a constant 60fps though, which you are correct.