• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
With the right mods, Skyrim is absolutely a stunner graphically on the Series X.

More time I play on my series X, the more I love it and glad I decided to pre-order.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I loaded Skyrim up on the Series X just to see how it ran and was great of course, but then I looked into the quest list and there are still a ton of quests left to do, and some unfinished business in the DLC. Its absolutely crazy the amount of content in that game.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I loaded Skyrim up on the Series X just to see how it ran and was great of course, but then I looked into the quest list and there are still a ton of quests left to do, and some unfinished business in the DLC. Its absolutely crazy the amount of content in that game.
Haven't really started yet (way too many games to play) but here's the list of addons I'm using:

1. ⁠Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
2. ⁠Uncap FPS
3. ⁠Graphics Pack
4. ⁠Graphics Pack - Assets 1
5. ⁠Graphics Pack - Assets 2
6. ⁠Add On - Landscapes & Dungeons
7. ⁠Lush Trees
8. ⁠Add On - High Hrothgar
9. ⁠Add On - Winterhold & Snow Elf Ruins
10. ⁠Add On - Farmhouse & Orc
11. ⁠Add On - High Poly Project
12. ⁠Enhanced Lights and FX
13. ⁠ELFX | SMIM Performance Patch
14. ⁠Add On - SMIM Performance
15. ⁠[XB1] Surreal Lighting

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Is there seriously no way to do 1440p output with HDR?
Did nothing. Pretty sure MS just locked HDR to 4K.
I read this claim of yours and thought "no way is this the case." Sure enough, I hopped on my Series X connected to an LG C9, changed the output to 1440p and have no problems getting HDR in a number of games. And that's even with my output set to 120Hz on the Series X.

Add to that, even the Xbox One S can do HDR in any of its output resolutions.

There's other issues TCL has with the Series X|S, so you should reach out to them.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else on 60/4K? My TV only supports 120/1440p, but I don't know if I'm missing out on much. I muchly prefer resolution over performance.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I read this claim of yours and thought "no way is this the case." Sure enough, I hopped on my Series X connected to an LG C9, changed the output to 1440p and have no problems getting HDR in a number of games. And that's even with my output set to 120Hz on the Series X.

Add to that, even the Xbox One S can do HDR in any of its output resolutions.

There's other issues TCL has with the Series X|S, so you should reach out to them.
Did you turn the "allow 4k" option off? Because if that's on it just forces 4K when available regardless of the resolution you picked.
Like I said, a lot of people online are complaining about this, so I don't think it's the TV.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Is anyone else on 60/4K? My TV only supports 120/1440p, but I don't know if I'm missing out on much. I muchly prefer resolution over performance.
I'm sticking with 4k/60 for a while. I'll probably upgrade my TV in a year or two when there are better selections of 4k/120/vrr/dolby vision TVs available but for now I'm perfectly happy with 4k/60

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Haven't really started yet (way too many games to play) but here's the list of addons I'm using:

2. ⁠Uncap FPS
3. ⁠Graphics Pack
7. ⁠Lush Trees
Thanks for the list. Had a great time playing Fallout 4 with mods so ready to try Skyrim now

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the list. Had a great time playing Fallout 4 with mods so ready to try Skyrim now
No problem.

Here's a quick screenshot w/ the addons active. Think I need to do some more practice on uploading & sharing screenshots.
tM7qLeo.jpg

Last edited:

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Did you turn the "allow 4k" option off? Because if that's on it just forces 4K when available regardless of the resolution you picked.
Like I said, a lot of people online are complaining about this, so I don't think it's the TV.
Ah, no, I did not.

I just tried again, with your new information, and my apologies. You are correct. With "Allow 4K" turned off and the display set to 1440p, I can't get HDR on the Series X. With "Allow 4K" turned on, even if I set the display to "1440p," I get 2160p in-game (I tested Forza Horizon 4).

I hope this is something Microsoft can correct at the system level.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I've just accidentally saved over a 40+ hour save of Yakuza 0 on my Series S, is there any way for me to download an old cloud save? I know on PS4 I could do it but I'm struggling to find an option on my Xbox.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
With the right mods, Skyrim is absolutely a stunner graphically on the Series X.

More time I play on my series X, the more I love it and glad I decided to pre-order.

Is the shadows bug caused by the X update to ambient occlusion still an issue? I checked a few months ago and it was still in the game. It's incredibly distracting once you notice it. This video showcases what I'm talking about. Happens on many surfaces but really noticable on buildings and walls.

youtu.be

Skyrim SE: Xbox One X 4K Patch Shadows/Textures Bug

The Xbox One X 4K patch for Skyrim Special Edition is currently bugged. The problems caused are not caused by mods. They occur regardless if you are playing ...

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Streaming games to my iPad works just fine, but with my iPhone I get "found your console but can't connect to wifi". But why???

Oct 27, 2017
Would you mind posting which mods you are using? I been thinking of playing it again. I did try the 60fps and boy it is a night and day difference.
posted them earlier but here you go:

2. ⁠Uncap FPS
3. ⁠Graphics Pack
7. ⁠Lush Trees

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
posted them earlier but here you go:

2. ⁠Uncap FPS
3. ⁠Graphics Pack
7. ⁠Lush Trees
Thank you. With that many mods are you still able to maintain 60fps?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Wow this looks amazing. I'm assuming if you have mods it disables achievements?
Yes, mods disables Achievements, but there is a "trick" with at least the 60fps mod. What you do is start the game, download the uncapped fps mod. Then add/activate the mod. You then play the game and then quit. Quit out of the game. Restart the game and deactivate the mod. Restart the game. When you go to play the game it keeps the 60fps. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong in the order you do it..but I did it a week or so ago and turning off the mod after first using it, it kept the 60fps and i still got achievements.

Oct 29, 2017
I've had this Skyrim tab open for a bit now but not watched the video yet.

www.ign.com

Skyrim Mods on Xbox Series X Make it The Ultimate Console Version - IGN

With the release of the Xbox Series X, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has taken a step closer to the PC experience thanks to console mods! With the Uncap FPS mod by Smudgey5000 and a bunch of fan-made graphical enhancements, Skyrim has never looked and played better on consoles.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I feel like I'm the only one not having problems with quick resume. Works like a champ.
However, I haven't been playing new releases.

Things I've played:
- Dead Cells
- Ori
- Assassins Creed 1
- Jedi Fallen Order
- Dragon Quest XI S
I haven't experienced any issues either, but only tried it for testing purposes in the first week.

I think in our case it has more to do with playing games in BC mode. Only one of your games is optimised for the Series X.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Random/Off-topic question, but for others using their own custom images, does anyone know the proper resolution to have it show the whole image? The background I use essentially has the Top and Bottom of the image cropped out (imagine it Underscanning the image).

864.png

It cuts off at the older sisters' at the top's mouths and cuts off the bottom 3 kids as well for some reason.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone using the expansion card? If so how's it been? Thinking of buying it for Xmas.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone using the expansion card? If so how's it been? Thinking of buying it for Xmas.
Get it from Target today with the 10% oof a gift card and then another 10% off coupon that works on the card.

Target Promo Code & Coupons | (45% OFF DISCOUNT) | Jul 2021

Use our valid 45% off Target promo code today. See all 21 Target promo codes, coupons & discount codes for Jul 2021.

Works just fine, same as internal memory in performance.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Is quick resume still a tempermental thing?

Just turned on my Xbox thinking I'd be able to dive straight into my game of Phogs I paused last night, but had to redo the whole launch thing again hmph

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So the right trigger on my Elite 1 pad just stop registering full movement, holding it all the way down is only being registered about 50%.

Anyone else had this issue??

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Is quick resume still a tempermental thing?

Just turned on my Xbox thinking I'd be able to dive straight into my game of Phogs I paused last night, but had to redo the whole launch thing again hmph
In my experience yeah. Ac Valhalla had never worked until today and I had it - the game - since launch

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imma let you guys pick my next game.
Just wrapping up Hellblade and I have DQXI on the way on my Switch with Hades for fun.

My options are

1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
2. Dark Souls Remastered
3. Borderlands 3
4. Yakuza 0
5. Outer Wilds
6. Gears Tactics

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Having just done this last night and run into the image not being large enough, you're correct. 1080x1080 is the minimum to upload a custom pic.
I think it's 1080px1080p with a fully centered circle?

I'm confused with what you mean by 'Fully Centered Circle". The image I use is too small, reso-wise, but even if I resize it or use a larger picture, it still cuts off bits of the image. Are either of you having better luck?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Imma let you guys pick my next game.
Just wrapping up Hellblade and I have DQXI on the way on my Switch with Hades for fun.

My options are

1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
2. Dark Souls Remastered
3. Borderlands 3
4. Yakuza 0
5. Outer Wilds
6. Gears Tactics
Borderlands 3 is a fun play through. Runs great on SX. Yakuza is incredible too.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I have two questions.

Is there a discord for Xbox Era that I can join?

Does anyone think we're going to get a Deadspace trilogy remaster? The games look really cool and I want to play them via bc, but I think we might get a remaster like the Mass Effect series is going to get.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I'm confused with what you mean by 'Fully Centered Circle". The image I use is too small, reso-wise, but even if I resize it or use a larger picture, it still cuts off bits of the image. Are either of you having better luck?
I assumed a square HD image with a matching "square c circle. I made one custom image once and it was perfect, so I never really tried trouble shooting.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Have you tried using an AI upscaler to make your picture bigger? I've used waifu2x (udp.jp) for doubling image resolutions for photos and artwork and it works really well. Unless I'm misunderstanding, of course.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Have you tried using an AI upscaler to make your picture bigger? I've used waifu2x (udp.jp) for doubling image resolutions for photos and artwork and it works really well. Unless I'm misunderstanding, of course.

So I used the Upscaler, which worked out great for the imag quality itself, so thanks. However, it didn't fix the issue on the Xsx Scaling itself:

onZ6l35.jpg

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Hey folks, I managed to get an XSX for myself, but I already have a Switch/PS5 competing for my time, so I'm trying to justify keeping it vs selling it. I missed the X1 entirely so I'm wondering what you guys recommend as the one or two essential exclusive X1 titles? Seems like Gears and Halo are obvious bets, and I have skimmed most of the big sites' "Best Of" lists, but just curious to hear y'alls input.

I have a Series S pre-order as well so that slightly colors my decision of maybe selling the X and getting the S down the line as an exclusives/gamepass machine.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
So I used the Upscaler, which worked out great for the imag quality itself, so thanks. However, it didn't fix the issue on the Xsx Scaling itself:

onZ6l35.jpg
Ahhh, hm that's a tough one. I notice that the dashboard will do this for all images, even the ones in the community pages.

So the Xbox dashboard is natively 1920x1080, so any image that isn't that or in a 16:9 aspect ratio will get centered like that. You said you resized the image before—what did you resize it to?

I think to get this to work, you should take your image from Waifu2x and then stretch it to the nearest 16:9 resolution which is 2560x1440p. Mind you, it might not look very appealing but by my calculations it should fit!

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Got my expansion card today, wanted more space for enhanced games and for other One games that I play regularly and want on a SSD and not my standard external. Its so little! Reminds me of the memory card days of yore.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Ahhh, hm that's a tough one. I notice that the dashboard will do this for all images, even the ones in the community pages.

So the Xbox dashboard is natively 1920x1080, so any image that isn't that or in a 16:9 aspect ratio will get centered like that. You said you resized the image before—what did you resize it to?

I think to get this to work, you should take your image from Waifu2x and then stretch it to the nearest 16:9 resolution which is 2560x1440p. Mind you, it might not look very appealing but by my calculations it should fit!

The default resolution on the image is 1000 * 884 and, initially, I just went into a image editing program and resized manually. with this 2x change, the image is now 2000 * 1768, thought it's still cropping the same way, as noted (The image itself is sharper though, so that's nice).

I'll give that suggestion a try and see what happens.

Edit 1: Funnily enough, when you use Windows' own editing software and switch it to "Widescreen 16:9" for cropping, it gives me the exact crop the XSX uses, so it's at least internally consistent.

Edit 2: AYYYY, it worked! I took the 2x Image, sized it up to 2560x1440 (Which was too big for screen, so it overscanned), then downsized it to 1920 x 1080 and it works perfectly now. Thanks a bunch!

uXsf8vX.jpg

Last edited: