• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to know this. For Witcher 3, if 4k mode looks the same as performance mode on Series X, why go 4k option?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Figure my era bros(and sis) can help me with this. Whats a better gift for a 1080p gamer? Series S or Xbox one X?

I'd likely try to play some PSO or Destiny 2 or some other game with them if possible. Maybe get them gold or game pass.
Are there good deals on digital games often? Have been out of the xbox world for a while.

Thanks!
An S, if you can get one. The One X has been discontinued so I assume they're difficult to find now.

The CPu is was better in the S, the storage is also much faster and the you is newer so it can apply fancier techniques to the 1080p pixels.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment I have new games on my PS5 and older games on my Series X, and I don't mean that as a negative. I'm really enjoying being able to go back and play games in higher quality or games that I missed using GamePass, like Dishonored 2 and Forza Motorsport 7. The games still look really great. It's also nice being able to fill up my Xbox with games a little more.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So just checking again. Who has had their console just completely shut off on them? Who has had weird graphic artifacting?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
So just checking again. Who has had their console just completely shut off on them? Who has had weird graphic artifacting?
Yeah I've had it just turn off on me randomly. I was playing AC Valhalla and paused on a cut scene for 2-3 minutes. It just shut off by itself.

That's only happened once though in what's probably been 150+ hours with the console so far.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
i need an elite 3

the xsx controller feels perfect to me. especially with the reduced latency which is very noticeable. However, i miss the fuck out of my paddles on my elite series 2.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
There is one Xbox One game that is slower even on USB SSDs than the internal: "Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris".

That game has to be played off the Internal or Storage Expansion Card to get the lowest loading times you can get.

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
So far my biggest complaint about the Series S/X is the guide button. I had an Elite Series 2 that I sold because I didn't feel like I was getting the most out of it. That had a nice "clicky" guide button whereas the normal controllers are stupid mush. Why?!

I'm definitely not a fan of the guide button on the controllers. I feel like I'm constantly having to press again or press longer which then gives me the long hold menu and try again...it's definitely different but I don't think it's a new change because I bought the red controller for my One X in summer and I feel like that one was similar/same.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Arctic 7x headphones. Plugged them into my xsx, but I'm still getting volume from my soundbar. Is there no way for the Xbox to detect a headset and automatically push audio to it? When I turn the headset on, under the Speaker Audio section of audio, HDMI Audio switches to 'Headset Format and is grayed out. Same with Bitstream format ("Off"). Still getting audio from my bar though and I don't want that when using a headset.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Arctic 7x headphones. Plugged them into my xsx, but I'm still getting volume from my soundbar. Is there no way for the Xbox to detect a headset and automatically push audio to it? When I turn the headset on, under the Speaker Audio section of audio, HDMI Audio switches to 'Headset Format and is grayed out. Same with Bitstream format ("Off"). Still getting audio from my bar though and I don't want that when using a headset.

We talked about this before, and I ended up just muting my tv/sound system.

It feels like a glaring over site I was hoping would be fixed in the Dec update, but alas ''twas not so.

That or a crap ton of us are missing a setting somewhere.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Crosspost: Got a problem and would like some advice. I've got an LG C9. When I turn on TV to the Xbox input, I get some pink flickering for about ten seconds that goes away. Then, I'll see the flickering very rarely and randomly after that. I've also had the screen flash black very briefly here and there. What's going on? I'd really like some help.

Lime Blockade

Aug 4, 2018
There is one Xbox One game that is slower even on USB SSDs than the internal: "Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris".

That game has to be played off the Internal or Storage Expansion Card to get the lowest loading times you can get.
How does the game run on the Series X? I stopped playing the One X version because it ran like absolute crap.

Oct 12, 2020

I've had JFO and FH4 crash on me and send me to the Home screen just a handful of times...no complete system shutdowns yet. Now that Quick Resume is working on all the tiles I've got in the QR queue....I have pretty much zero complaints about the Series X. Except...I'm having a hard time deciding what to play next.

Here are my ideas....

On Game Pass....

*COMPLETED* Hellblade: Senua (wow. Is Hellblade 2 being given AAA treatment? )
*COMPLETED* Ori The Wil O' the wisps (oh my)
*COMPLETED*Jedi Fallen Order (give me Cal over Anakin any day. If they can tone down the jank in the sequel, giddyup )
*Currently playing a ton* Forza Horizon 4 (I was really LTTP on this one. What a revelation)
Gears 5 (and some others in the series?)
Monster Hunter World
Halo MCC
Dead Space 2
Control
Dishonoured 2
Battlefield #?
COD #?
Doom Eternal
Fable series ( a primer for the Series X reboot)
Fallout New Vegas
Grounded
No Mans Sky
The Outer Worlds
A Plague Tale
Rare Replay
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves
Titanfall 1 & 2
Wasteland 3
Yakuza 0
Skyrim (replay)
The Evil Within series
RDR 2 (replay)

Possible purchases...

Valhalla
Cyberpunk
Immortals FR
Haven
Dirt 5
Yakuza Like a Dragon (assuming I like Yakuza 0)

Quite literally....TOO MANY GAMES. My options are fairly extensive in that I was busy with my career for much of the Xbox One generation....so I didn't have a ton of time to play games. Retired now....so there is some serious catching up to do. There are worse problems to have. 😊 Another good thing is I've got so much on Game Pass to tackle that I SHOULD be able to resist Valhalla and Cyberpunk long enough that they are patched up to their full potential.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
I've had JFO and FH4 crash on me and send me to the Home screen just a handful of times...no complete system shutdowns yet. Now that Quick Resume is working on all the tiles I've got in the QR queue....I have pretty much zero complaints about the Series X. Except...I'm having a hard time deciding what to play next.

Here are my ideas....

On Game Pass....

*COMPLETED* Hellblade: Senua (wow. Is Hellblade 2 being given AAA treatment? )
*COMPLETED* Ori The Wil O' the wisps (oh my)
*COMPLETED*Jedi Fallen Order (give me Cal over Anakin any day. If they can tone down the jank in the sequel, giddyup )
*Currently playing a ton* Forza Horizon 4 (I was really LTTP on this one. What a revelation)
Gears 5 (and some others in the series?)
Monster Hunter World
Halo MCC
Dead Space 2
Control
Dishonoured 2
Battlefield #?
COD #?
Doom Eternal
Fable series ( a primer for the Series X reboot)
Fallout New Vegas
Grounded
No Mans Sky
The Outer Worlds
A Plague Tale
Rare Replay
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves
Titanfall 1 & 2
Wasteland 3
Yakuza 0
Skyrim (replay)
The Evil Within series
RDR 2 (replay)

Possible purchases...

Valhalla
Cyberpunk
Immortals FR
Haven
Dirt 5
Yakuza Like a Dragon (assuming I like Yakuza 0)

Quite literally....TOO MANY GAMES. My options are fairly extensive in that I was busy with my career for much of the Xbox One generation....so I didn't have a ton of time to play games. Retired now....so there is some serious catching up to do. There are worse problems to have. 😊 Another good thing is I've got so much on Game Pass to tackle that I SHOULD be able to resist Valhalla and Cyberpunk long enough that they are patched up to their full potential.
Haven is on GamePass

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
i need an elite 3

the xsx controller feels perfect to me. especially with the reduced latency which is very noticeable. However, i miss the fuck out of my paddles on my elite series 2.
I am in agreement with you 100% Smokey! I love the Series controller to where I ended up selling my Elite 2 last week. I was testing a few games with both the Elite and the Series Controller and outside of feeling a bit better in my hands, I think that latency is much better on the newer controllers. I hope they make a Elite 3 because everything about the Elite 2 was great but the new latency improvements to me was noticeable.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
But they have the same resolution, right? I don't see any difference at all.

I'm not sure, One X doesn't go above 2650x1490 in performance mode.
e3096fa5-d9d6-4a48-8kajsq.jpeg

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So, I cannot get my Samsung External SSD to work with my Series X. It was being used with my Mac, but I switched it over to exFAT, and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

If it's a USB C cord, and I'm using a little attachment to make it regular a USB, would that be why it isn't working?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
So, I cannot get my Samsung External SSD to work with my Series X. It was being used with my Mac, but I switched it over to exFAT, and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

If it's a USB C cord, and I'm using a little attachment to make it regular a USB, would that be why it isn't working?
Guiformat for FAT32

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd - high quality IT consultancy services

And no, it should work.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
When I follow those instructions, it only allows me to "View contents" or "Set as capture location" but it doesn't allow for any formatting. Everything I've been reading made it seem like I'd be able to format it when I plugged it in, but that isn't the case unfortunately.
Try a different cable. It is pretty weird, it should let you format it. Could be the cable you are using is USB 2.0

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a Samsung Q90t and I'm having some trouble with HDR and VRR while playing at 4K 120. Using Game mode on Input 4 with an HDMI 2.1 cable. I have no issues with HDR/VRR 4K120 in games like AC Valhalla, Madden 21, and Gears 5. I am having issues with Cold War, Halo MCC, and any game that uses Auto HDR. For some reason these games do not activate HDR while playing at 4K120 with VRR. The Xbox guide says auto HDR is active, but my TV says it's not. In Cold War and MCC, I can see HDR settings in the game but the TV says HDR is not active. Anyone else having this issue?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey all, I bought me a Xbox Series s and x, now I want to give my old one s to my brother. Will he be able to login to his account on it and play my downloaded gamepass games? What if he wants to download another gamepass game? Can we both be playing simultaneously?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I bought me a Xbox Series s and x, now I want to give my old one s to my brother. Will he be able to login to his account on it and play my downloaded gamepass games? What if he wants to download another gamepass game? Can we both be playing simultaneously?
You have to set the S as your home console.
He will have to go on your profile to download the other gamepass games
Yes, you both can.