• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been seeing this on my TCL p600 in video and system menus. Not so much during gameplay. I know my TV updated last week. I think I'll try a rollback on firmware and see what happens.

I've been getting this same thing on my TCL with a Series X. Flicks to black on the home menu and while using certain apps (hbo max, twitch). Had it happen in Fortnite a few times, but never any other games. It is very annoying/concerning, but seen threads on reddit from other TCL owners with the same thing. Hoping a firmware fix is coming soon.

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
Don't buy blue controller, got hollow noise pressing down on left thumbstick and rotating thumbsticks don't feel smooth.

There must be a shitty batch of blue controllers.

Oct 25, 2017

zou

Oct 29, 2017
So is there absolutely no way to get another "set as home console"? I used my last one on my launch series X that broke so i am fucked until september? It says support can't do anything.

Other than that so far no crashes and everything runs great.

get in touch with support, they were able to reset it for me. Though this was back before they displayed the remaining activations, so who knows.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I love most of what I have with my Series S so far. This is partially on me, but so far none of the games I've played support auto-HDR or quick resume so that's a bummer.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Looks like Flight Simulator is appearing to preload for some people:

BFFB74-F1-E277-4-B43-BA88-A3-AAB4-E22-AF4.png

Got it from GamingLeaksAndRumors on Reddit, so it could be fake.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
my Series X arrived today. very impressed with how much snappier the UI is.

Gears 5 is the only game i've downloaded so far and i've noticed some stuttering when entering new areas and occasionally while moving the camera around. is that normal?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Having fun with Chasm. It's not on sale sadly but I hope they add it to Game Pass soon so more people can experience it.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Is there a list of BC games with unlocked frames that hit 60 on the Series X? I tried looking around on the web and could only find a few games.

Was curious if past Fallout games hit it or some other stuff.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
My screen keeps flashing black. Every few seconds of gameplay. Anyone else experiencing this?

My console is damn near unplayable today because of this, coming out of nowhere

It's also doing this thing where the only way to get the video back is to unplug the hdmi

Idk if it's bad update combined with Retroarch bugs, but my Xbox has been terrible today

C965

Concrete1337

Sep 1, 2020
I love my XBOX Series X and the controller is really great. However, I wish the XBOX team had gone quite a bit further with the controller design and features. I also have a PS5 and I've been blown away by it's quality and feature set.

Don't get me wrong, the XSX controller is already great, but it could be better. I realize that Phil and the team want it to be universal, but I would really love a refresh.

What I love:
  • The matte, grip finish is great
  • The sticks and d-pad are phenomenal
  • The triggers are great too
  • The battery life is incredible
What I think could improve
  • I would love better haptics and adaptive triggers
  • Gyro capabilities
  • Standard rechargeable battery (no more AA's)
  • Full weight distribution throughout the controller to avoid hollowness (this is a bit difficult to explain but all controllers I've ever used have a kind of hollow feeling to them in certain parts of the controller, most likely due to that part of the controller being hollow. For example, in the DualShock 4 the hollow feeling was at the bottom of the controller grips. It's the same with the XSX controller. The DualSense is the first controller where it feels entirely like one big mass).
Overall, I've always been impressed with the build quality of XBOX hardware. I've just been blown away with the DualSense and I want it's features in other controllers. I think the advanced haptics, gyro and adaptive triggers should become standard practice the way rumble did back in the day. If all platforms have these feature sets then it would be more likely for the features to make their way into all games.

Yes for haptics

But never ever get rid of AA. I like the dual sense, but hot damn that battery and charging sucks.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
My console is damn near unplayable today because of this, coming out of nowhere

It's also doing this thing where the only way to get the video back is to unplug the hdmi

Idk if it's bad update combined with Retroarch bugs, but my Xbox has been terrible today

C965
I haven't had a chance to play around with it today, but last night I wasn't able to replicate it with any other games. Minecraft Dungeons seemed to trigger it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I'll be making sure games are booted without quick resume from now on. Just wish I could turn that feature off completely so I don't have to restart games as I boot them up, and also get back some of that reserved space. I'm not sure how much space the machine is reserving for quick resume, but I imagine it has to be a lot. It needs to be able to dump the entire RAM for a game, so maybe 50gb or so is reserved so it can quick resume from multiple games?
It might be around 40GB, seeing as you can only quick resume 3 native Series X/S games or more than 3 if it's a combo of last gen games

SX game = 13.5GB RAM x 3 = 40.5GB

Oct 29, 2017
I do not have Instant On enabled. So is going into settings and selecting "full shutdown" the same as holding the Xbox button down in the controller and turning it off that way? Or is there a difference?

Oct 27, 2017
I do not have Instant On enabled. So is going into settings and selecting "full shutdown" the same as holding the Xbox button down in the controller and turning it off that way? Or is there a difference?

I think there's a difference. Shutting down via the Xbox button shuts it down in a similar manner to a Windows system with fast startup enabled.

I could be wrong but this has been my understanding.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
On my LG B7, Tetris Effect appears really dark with HDR enabled. Like, there are plenty of bright neon parts but the text is super dark and some of the lines on the play field are too. If I disable HDR then text looks as I'd expect it to.

Anyone else see this? I don't have issues with hdr in other games.

Heisenberg

Oct 25, 2017
On my LG B7, Tetris Effect appears really dark with HDR enabled. Like, there are plenty of bright neon parts but the text is super dark and some of the lines on the play field are too. If I disable HDR then text looks as I'd expect it to.

I had the exact same issue on my LG B9. I couldn't figure why I couldn't see the pierces well or the entire screen for what it's worth.

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know if Cyberpunk 2077 is launching with a Series X version? I know they said they plan to release an enhanced version next year, but the marketing shows labelled Series X gameplay videos - is that what launches this month?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Does anybody know if Cyberpunk 2077 is launching with a Series X version? I know they said they plan to release an enhanced version next year, but the marketing shows labelled Series X gameplay videos - is that what launches this month?
No it'll be running the Xbox One X version through backwards Compatibility for now.

The Series S|X and PS5 upgrades will be in 2021.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Next gen versions will not be available at launch. Series X will get the one X upgrade and run it better than the one x.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
bummer. In the PS5 video they clearly label via backwards compatibility, however the Xbox one says Xbox Series X, and shows ray tracing 😅 I guess I'll pick up the PC version.
that wasn't the XSX version lol what you saw there is what you're getting at launch... will look and run better on XSX but those reflections were not raytracing but screen space reflections... which most of the time will pass as being believable especially for ground reflections

RT will come later

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

EvilBoris probably can help.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
They should at least put in a frame rate toggle so the Series X can't least run it at 60 in the mean time with last gen settings.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I hoped that after the new update quick resume was back for AC. I am playing that game alot now. And shame they removed it after a couple of days. Same for FH4. For AC it was amazing and it sucks its gone now. Hope atleast Cyberpunk has it then...

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I had the exact same issue on my LG B9. I couldn't figure why I couldn't see the pierces well or the entire screen for what it's worth.
Quickest possible fix is that you need to toggle hdr on in game, it's the one game with a separate toggle afaik.

Next quickest fix is tadts "they all do that sir". I.e. it just looks like that. The menu is fairly dark on my cx, but the play pieces stand out, assuming they're a colourful colour. E.g. brown is harder!

For most people the next quickest fix is to run though the Xbox hdr calibration app but I'm assuming you've both done that!

There's also the setting where you need black levels set to low or auto as TVs use 16 to 255 as one of their range of values but pc monitors use 0 to 255.

After that I think all you can do is artificially turn the brightness up when you're playing...

If the game needs to have its menus brightened or there's a weird issue with the lg sets and hdr (mine is lg too) then we're in the hands of the Devs or Xbox hardware team or kg customer support.

Fwiw I think it's a game issue, as the play field etc is fine but the menus are really pretty dark.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
The Series X is freakishly quiet. Can't hear a damn thing putting my head next to it even after a long 120hz session of Warzone.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hoped that after the new update quick resume was back for AC. I am playing that game alot now. And shame they removed it after a couple of days. Same for FH4. For AC it was amazing and it sucks its gone now. Hope atleast Cyberpunk has it then...

Worked for me last night. Not sure when it didn't work for you? Will check again tonight. Currently at work so can't check which version I have.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I might be going crazy but I feel like I'm stuck in eternal summer in Forza Horizon 4. Quick resume has been working great but could this affect the change of seasons? I swear when I checked two days ago, it said it would switch to fall in one day and eight hours... and yesterday it said the same?
I booted up Witcher 3 on my Series X. Holy crap does it look and perform amazingly.
Is this already enhanced for S|X?