• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
It was certainly in contention for my personal GotY last year. None of the rough edges bothered me, and the IP really helped elevate it. It was exactly what I've been wanting from a SW game, and it delivered in spades.

I'm going to enjoy going back through it.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
No subs in any of the MCC games I think - bit annoying as non native speaker and you really need to up the volume to hear the in-mission dialogue

I *think* Halo 1 had them. I can't remember being annoyed by it not having them.

Halo 2 - 90% of the dialogue is completely undecipherable even as a native speaker. I have absolutely no idea what my objective is unless I pause to check. I'm missing critical lore. I can't believe 343 didn't add subtitles.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Order is still the only game I've gotten all achievements on. Glad the game is finding new life.
It's a solid game but it's obvious that EA gave Respawn a deadline to get the game out in time for the release of Rise of Skywalker, and in turn it was very unoptimized. I got the platinum last December and it was plagued with bugs, poor performance, and texture pop-in. I'm glad that it's a much improved experience for people now on XSX/PS5 because it is a pretty good game but the bugs / performance were very frustrating. I had a trophy that I couldn't unlock for over a month when the game first came out because the random bounty hunter spawns never happened in my game until they patched it. But yeah, overall a good game and a great foundation for the sequel. I just hope for the sequel they're given adequate time to squash any issues before launch so that it isn't a mess when it launches like this one was.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
When it comes to the Series Charge & Play Kit:

Is there a way to tell when the Series controller is charged from the outside? I mean, without looking for that info on the accessories app on the console cause the USB-C cable that comes with the kit doesn´t have a LED or anything. Sucks tbh.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Can you post a video of it?

The optical drive is loud in mine when it spins up - it sounds like a turbine about to take off - but that's what they've always sounded like in consoles to me. You put the disc in, it makes electronic thrashing noises as it figures out what it is, then it briefly spins up to full speed, before settling down.

Sorry for the delay. Here is a video it's longish but it shows the pattern.

Thank might not work here is the direct link. https://i.imgur.com/cIAoPva.mp4

Please ignore my bad recording and husband typing in the background.

Deleted member 59

Man, after playing and adoring Gears 5 i decided to start the MCC with Halo 1, and im really struggling to enjoy the fps/shooting mechanics after coming from what i i feel are best in class (gunplay/shooting) in Gears 5.

Jan 21, 2019
Does anyone have a suggestion for a wired or wireless gaming headset for series s? My budget is 100€. Many high quality once seem to be PC and PS4/5 only.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
What are you recomendations for sound when connected to controller? I dowloaded atmos app and use its setting for now. Is it better than windows sonic thing? Is it worth paying for?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I love Remote Play the little bit I've played with it, I just don't think my network speed is quite there, and it stutters enough to become a drag. It'll probably work better with slower-paced games for the time being.

Undead Hero

Dec 11, 2017
I've been having issues with the Series X, especially when using media apps, where every now and then the screen will flicker and go black for a second. I've tried restarting and using different hdmi inputs, but I can't get it to go away. Anyone else seen or heard of this?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Yeah that's not right at all. It sounds like the drive spinning up, but that's way too loud and harsh. Does it actually work still despite the horrible noise?

Either way, I'd be contacting Microsoft over that, because it's not normal. My assumption is you just got a lemon optical drive. Also possible it's spinning slightly off-balance, causing it to make more noise.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I've been having issues with the Series X, especially when using media apps, where every now and then the screen will flicker and go black for a second. I've tried restarting and using different hdmi inputs, but I can't get it to go away. Anyone else seen or heard of this?

I've had this a couple of times, and thought it might be my TV (I had to have it fixed under warranty a while back as the HDMI ports failed). But now that you mention this, I'm pretty sure it's only happened while using Youtube.

Undead Hero

Dec 11, 2017
I've had this a couple of times, and thought it might be my TV (I had to have it fixed under warranty a while back as the HDMI ports failed). But now that you mention this, I'm pretty sure it's only happened while using Youtube.
I kinda answered my own question by finding this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Seems to be a common issue, specifically with media apps. So the good news is it isn't your tv, I guess. Hopefully this will get addressed soon...

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So my xbox crashed tonight while playing cod blops, and ac valhalla. Is it the games, or is my system borked. Afterward 2 hours of re2 and crash 4 didnt seem to cause any crashing.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Someone tell Jason Ronald that the Series S deserve a separate profile than the One S. This little beast can do so much more.
i think the list they was supposed to drop at launch, will include a couple games BC/last gen changed for Series S. We know that fallout 4 is 30 to 60 but i would love to see some.. like RdR2, Fallen Order, Doom Eternal, BF1/4/5, SW BFII, Quantum Break and Watch Dogs 2. the last one is one of the games i really want to play but the quality is rough on OneS. etc. Even a resolution boost would be fantastic to all!

I would love some preview of titles that will be on the list. One of the things im waiting with big expectations from the BC team!

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys not sure if to post in here or the pc thread I'll try both

I have the Xbox app on mygaming Pc and I want to play on my laptop instead- can I stream my games to my laptop somehow? I know steam can do it but not sure with Xbox app

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
How often does it occur? I've only watched one thing through the Apple TV app so far and nothing like that happened in the 1 ½ hour runtime.

Kilirath

Oct 27, 2017
So my xbox crashed tonight while playing cod blops, and ac valhalla. Is it the games, or is my system borked. Afterward 2 hours of re2 and crash 4 didnt seem to cause any crashing.
Cold War? If so then I think that game has been having issues in general. Don't play it myself though so don't know if it has been patched yet. I've had AC Valhalla crash on me and it's been nothing to worry about so far.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I haven't been able to find any info about Devil May Cry 5 SE on the Series S :( I just want to know if I can expect at least 1080p before buying it.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
If you have a Series S or X, is the situation for previous-gen Xboxes like PS4 -> PS5 in terms of access to games? You can have one primary PS4 and a primary PS5, and all accounts on both consoles can play your games.

If possible I want to move my One X to another room so anyone can play the games I've bought. Or does "home Xbox" count both generations and I can't have both the One X and Series X as home consoles on my account?

Undead Hero

Dec 11, 2017
How often does it occur? I've only watched one thing through the Apple TV app so far and nothing like that happened in the 1 ½ hour runtime.
It doesn't happen every time, but when it does, it will keep happening until the Xbox is restarted. It's looking like it's an issue with HDR switching... might even be the auto HDR, which would suck because that's such an interesting feature.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Man, after playing and adoring Gears 5 i decided to start the MCC with Halo 1, and im really struggling to enjoy the fps/shooting mechanics after coming from what i i feel are best in class (gunplay/shooting) in Gears 5.
Halo CE really needs a complete remake or reboot, it has aged very badly. Levels are too long, too. Halo 2 has aged very well, on the other hand.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't happen every time, but when it does, it will keep happening until the Xbox is restarted. It's looking like it's an issue with HDR switching... might even be the auto HDR, which would suck because that's such an interesting feature.
I've experienced this before on the One X, although I didn't really do anything to fix it - just sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't. A power cycle of my TV, AVR and Xbox would usually make it go away, at least for a while. All I know is since it happened on the One X, it's not related to Auto HDR. I think it may be related to "standard" HDR media though, or going from 1080p -> 4K media - it's something to do with HDMI handshaking.

Undead Hero

Dec 11, 2017
I've experienced this before on the One X, although I didn't really do anything to fix it - just sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't. A power cycle of my TV, AVR and Xbox would usually make it go away, at least for a while. All I know is since it happened on the One X, it's not related to Auto HDR. I think it may be related to "standard" HDR media though, or going from 1080p -> 4K media - it's something to do with HDMI handshaking.
That makes sense. Although it's weird I never experienced this on my One X with the same setup.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
That makes sense. Although it's weird I never experienced this on my One X with the same setup.
Mine is the opposite way round, haha. Had it happen regularly on my One X, and so far it's never happened on the Series X yet. Only screen change I get there is when a game loads and switches to HDR, which is understandable.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
When it comes to the Series Charge & Play Kit:

Is there a way to tell when the Series controller is charged from the outside? I mean, without looking for that info on the accessories app on the console cause the USB-C cable that comes with the kit doesn´t have a LED or anything. Sucks tbh.
Anyone?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
It's a solid game but it's obvious that EA gave Respawn a deadline to get the game out in time for the release of Rise of Skywalker

I'll just chip in to say it's more likely that Respawn leadership gave their dev team that deadline.

Pretty sure Everyone in that studio knew the benefits of launching close to the movie.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
[
You can no longer access the Microsoft store on the Xbox app??

You can't. However, you can search for a game and download it remotely even if you don't own it. Then it will be ready to play as soon as you sit down at your box and make the actual purchase. (Or pop the disc in if you bought it at the store, but didn't want to wait for it to install from disc and update.)

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Just received one out of my two new scuf prestige controllers to go with the x. Man I love scuf controllers.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is the xsx considered a different console to the xb1? that is - can I have my xsx be my home console and the xb1 I gave to my son also be a home console?

otherwise my Xbox can't be a home console which means I'll need to be signed in all the time if my daughter plays

Mar 19, 2020
Am I crazy that Fallen Order's performance mode looks pretty indistinguishable from the not performance mode in terms of fidelity and textures? Is there any benefit to running not performance mode now that performance more is pretty much locked at 60 fps?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is the xsx considered a different console to the xb1? that is - can I have my xsx be my home console and the xb1 I gave to my son also be a home console?

otherwise my Xbox can't be a home console which means I'll need to be signed in all the time if my daughter plays

No. Your XSX would be the home console and it would remove it from the XB1. It's no different from how it's always worked on XB1.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
After initial time of no issues with the console, I seem to have some problems recently.

My controller keeps disconnecting and it can't reconnect until I do a hard reboot. It happened at least 3 or 4 times for me this last week to the point that it's becoming really annoying. I don't have any problems with any other consoles and I also googled a bit and it seems that it affects other people as well.

Also Quick Resume is not reliable. Gears of War 3 gets frozen each time for me. It seems that it is pretty inconsistent for others as well. This feature needs some work.

I hope they will figure those things out soon. I know this is a new console launch, but all these issues are annoying.

Otherwise, I enjoy catching up with the MS titles that I missed. I mostly played on Sony consoles in the past. I'm going through Halo and Gears of War series. So far Halo has been pretty disappointing, I guess you needed to be there when it came out (it does not help me that there are no subtitles - seriously, how can such thing happen?), but Gears of War is surprisingly fun (even if the characters and attempts at drama are ridiculous).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No. Your XSX would be the home console and it would remove it from the XB1. It's no different from how it's always worked on XB1.

Right but I thought as it's a different platform it'd have separate 'entitlement'. Oh well at least you can do the background sign in so not the end of the world

Mar 19, 2020
After initial time of no issues with the console, I seem to have some problems recently.

My controller keeps disconnecting and it can't reconnect until I do a hard reboot. It happened at least 3 or 4 times for me this last week to the point that it's becoming really annoying. I don't have any problems with any other consoles and I also googled a bit and it seems that it affects other people as well.

Also Quick Resume is not reliable. Gears of War 3 gets frozen each time for me. It seems that it is pretty inconsistent for others as well. This feature needs some work.

I hope they will figure those things out soon. I know this is a new console launch, but all these issues are annoying.

Otherwise, I enjoy catching up with the MS titles that I missed. I mostly played on Sony consoles in the past. I'm going through Halo and Gears of War series. So far Halo has been pretty disappointing, I guess you needed to be there when it came out (it does not help me that there are no subtitles - seriously, how can such thing happen?), but Gears of War is surprisingly fun (even if the characters and attempts at drama are ridiculous).
Yeah I've been having the controller desync too which is weird. It'll work if you plug it in but as soon as you unplug it it freaks out again. Only fully restarting it fixes it. I have the blue controller coming soon so I'm curious to see if it happens to that one too. Overall not a big deal, but a bit annoying.

Oct 27, 2017

Mine sounds similar to this, posted in a few other threads about it - Costco going to swap it when they have inventory. Machine is perfect in every other way - and one note, it doesnt make the noise in horizontal orientation and seems to only occur with 4K UHD discs. Regular blurays are okay. Physical games are on and off.

Holy Bejesus.. that doesn't sound good.

I should probably put a disc in mine to check it out.

Definitely test it!