• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
How long do enloops last, I had a few for a few years, im sure charge doesn't hold up as well after awhile.

I bought an 8 pack and a charger in late 2006 for my 360 and Wiimotes. Four of those still work well. I added eight more in 2011. Only 1 of those has died. I use markers and mark them in pairs. My A pair, B Pair, etc. so I always use the same two together. From my first batch both "B's" are dead and I have an "A" and a "C" paired now because their mates died. From the second batch one "F" hasn't been used since the other "F" died and none of the others have died yet.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
What's a good looking arcade or arcade-ish racer I can play on my Xbox? Just one condition - no open world games. I'm enjoying Forza Horizon 4 but I want a more arcade experience (choose your car, choose the track, play online or even *gasp* local multiplayer, etc). Dirt 5 looks like what I'm looking for, but I'd appreciate something that's not full price, if possible :P

How does Dirt 2019 look on the new boxes?

daytona usa

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I saw a post here earlier (can't find it to quote it!) that you can buy Microsoft Complete (3 year warranty accidental damage cover for the Series X) even after buying the console.

So, I tried, since £39 seems a good price for a 3 year warranty. Unfortunately it doesn't work - not at the moment anyway. You can search "Microsoft Complete" on the store on Xbox and it will pop up (make sure to choose the £39 or equivalent "for Xbox" one, the others for Surface etc are more expensive), but selecting it just gives me a "Page Load Failed - Retry" error.

Does it work for anyone else?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I saw a post here earlier (can't find it to quote it!) that you can buy Microsoft Complete (3 year warranty accidental damage cover for the Series X) even after buying the console.

So, I tried, since £39 seems a good price for a 3 year warranty. Unfortunately it doesn't work - not at the moment anyway. You can search "Microsoft Complete" on the store on Xbox and it will pop up (make sure to choose the £39 or equivalent "for Xbox" one, the others for Surface etc are more expensive), but selecting it just gives me a "Page Load Failed - Retry" error.

Does it work for anyone else?
On the page I see (US MS store) the add after purchase option is only for Surface. It does say you can contact MS support for other devices

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
On the page I see (US MS store) the add after purchase option is only for Surface. It does say you can contact MS support for other devices
Thanks - I'll try contacting MS Support and see what they say. On the UK page I see this:

mscomplete.png

There is an option 3 "Contact MS Support" as you said, so I'll try that.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought The Evil Within 2 (found a preowned physical copy that was cheaper than the digital sale price) 'cause I liked it on the PS4 and I do not remember the gaming looking this good. 🤣

It's quite a leap, going from the base PS4 to Series X, and I'm constantly surprised at how good everything looks and how smooth it all plays.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I literally only use this console to play Gears 5 horde mode right now.. I need Cyberpunk, or at least a patch to fix the broken Watch Dogs

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying remote play on my series X, is there no way to control the menu with my phone's screen once I'm in?

Oct 25, 2017
A SHARC would fix this, definitely. However, have you tried other audio out formats, like DTS or PCM, to see if the lag remains? I don't know if the Sonos can accept those, but it's a start.

I have an LG C9, whose Dolby signal processing is notorious for its delay. Not having an eARC receiver, the SHARC has been a fantastic addition to my home theater setup.

could you please explain what this is-or link how its used

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Something about my FH4 quick resume mode made my XSX very noisy. Turned off my XSX with Forza a bit ago while in game and when I turned on my Xbox a bit later the fans started running very loud. Haven't heard my XSX till this point. And all I was doing was in the menu.

I tried playing other games and it didn't really load. So I suspected something might be wrong with a quick resume game. Opened up FH4 and was greeted with a error message and the game crashed. Fans turned off right away. It was weird, but glad it fixed itself lol.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my Series S and I love it, super small, 0 noise and a shit ton of "xbox only" games that I've never played

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Does quick resume no longer work? It worked one time with Yakuza 7 and then the game crashed 30 seconds later. I think I've seen it work once or twice in Valhalla. 0 times when trying dragon quest demo.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
*Update 20 Nov 2020:* After investigating the problem we pointed out in this video, Microsoft has identified & fixed the issue of black floor being elevated during Blu-ray playback on the Xbox Series X, and will roll out a public update shortly.

I noticed this as well (Regarding the Xbox HDR Bluray blacks issue).

No surprise as it was an issue on One X and was fixed.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just got a Series X yesterday and I'am very impressed so far, quick resume and game pass are amazing. I sold my OG Xbox One in 2017 so the jump in speed and fidelity is astounding.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kind of surprised they haven't released a single new firmware update for the system.

Same for Valhalla and Yakuza 7. Really want to dive deep into both of them, but they have their individual share of problems (Yakuza 7 is pretty much perfect with the glaring exception of the game crashing after Arcade and Pachinko games. Thankfully Dragon Kart and the Can Man games seem unaffected).

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I'm impressed by the Brook Wingman XB adapter. That little dongle recognized my old Hori Fightstick Pro from my PS3 SFIV days. This shit is good
Radiant Silvergun here I come

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Just got an ASUS TUF VG27A for my series S. I can't seem to get 1440 120 with hdr or is that not possible

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Anyone having issues with 1440 120hz not working for the series x. It automatically shifts back down to 1080p..... this has to be a big right

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Finally getting my series x delivered tomorrow, so damn hyped! Got my copy of Yakuza Like a Dragon unwrapped and waiting.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a Series X yesterday and I'am very impressed so far, quick resume and game pass are amazing. I sold my OG Xbox One in 2017 so the jump in speed and fidelity is astounding.
Oh yeah. You sold it before they revamped the dash for much better speed in 2019. That's like night and day with performance.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious about what the consensus is on auto HDR. Is it comparable to native HDR or is it more like the fake HDR that some TVs can apply to SDR content?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So I realized today I've been using the same usb c between my ps5 and xsx. Does the xsx come with a usb cable?

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
How come Series X can only record 2 minutes of "recent gameplay" unlike the PS5 which can record the last 60 mins of gameplay?
is there a way to change this?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. I've been completely caught up in the PS5 launch since shortly before release and haven't been following how the launch weeks have been going at all. I ducked out after all the reviews, since I'm not going to be buying the Series X for at least a year.

Just wanted to see how all of you are liking it so far? Meeting your expectations?