• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
There's no such thing as "enhanced" HDR10 implementation, right? I'm just imagining things? Because I swear the color in FFXV looks better on my Series X than it did on my One X, but maybe it's just the fact that I haven't played FFXV in a while.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it just perfect? I fucking love it <3
Its the sound of a great dpad.
I don't know how anyone can think it's the "sound" of a great d-pad lol it's insanely loud. I woke up my fiancée the other day and she was in another room of the house. Don't get me wrong it feels nice but the sound...
Yea I dont know how people prefer this over Sony's dpad, the dpad itself is fine but why is it so....clicky.
I'm with you, I find myself using the thumbstick when at all possible to avoid using the stupid mechanical keyboard sounding d-pad

I like the d-pad otherwise honestly, it feels great, I just hate how stupidly loud it is
Agreed, a mechanical keyboard is a great comparison. I just don't know why, not everyone plays with noice-canceling headphones so it just stands out too much while I'm playing. I can't even navigate the UI with the d-pad anymore like I used to because of the noise.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
We're talking about the d-pad? I haven't tried the PS5 one but the Series X has the best one in generations, I swear. It's fantastic for fighting games, diagonals are a breeze.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone can think it's the "sound" of a great d-pad lol it's insanely loud. I woke up my fiancée the other day and she was in another room of the house. Don't get me wrong it feels nice but the sound...

Agreed, a mechanical keyboard is a great comparison. I just don't know why, not everyone plays with noice-canceling headphones so it just stands out too much while I'm playing. I can't even navigate the UI with the d-pad anymore like I used to because of the noise.

It was a comment made in facetious intent. But considering I played with people who use fight sticks, I've come to love the sound of buttons being whammed. Sorry it's waking up your spouse. Lol. And it is better than the DualShock's to me. The one gripe I had with Xbox controllers is non existent now.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
For whatever reason, my Series S is having something of an issue with audio in MCC. Some of the games, ODST and Reach, have decided to have really low volume of the characters talking, so I bump up the volume and end up getting literally jump scared by the achievement noise. I've disabled the notification for now (wish you could just disable to noise) but does anyone have any idea how I'd go about troubleshooting this. I'm relatively clueless when I comes to audio, but I'm outputting bitstream to my receiver atm because uncompressed 5.1 straight up did nothing.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Anybody have advice on how to snag a play and charge kit? I'm tempted to just order the old one, but the conflicting reports on the battery fitting concern me. I can't even find a listing for it on Amazon and it's sold out everywhere around me.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Anybody have advice on how to snag a play and charge kit? I'm tempted to just order the old one, but the conflicting reports on the battery fitting concern me. I can't even find a listing for it on Amazon and it's sold out everywhere around me.

Bestbuy has their own for $15 vs $25.
The difference I saw is 1200 vs 1310 mAh.

Not sure how much longer usage that means.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017

I'm in the UK but they were OOS everywhere here and I ordered one direct from Microsoft, turned up within 2 days. We'll it would have done if the Ups driver had attempted delivery instead of taking it straight to a local collection point and saying they'd attempted.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna shelve assassin's creed until a patch comes for the screen tearing. I reached a village where it's so egregious that it's actually very distracting. Gonna play gears, crash and forza instead.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Have devs said when they plan to make their games perform better, like on the PS5?
Pretty sure this is a joke post but I'll reply anyway; no, devs have not said when/if they'll patch their games to perform better.

Seriously though, I'm curious how things will evolve. There was no secret sauce back then, there is no secret sauce today; what's happening right now is evidently a "tools"/development issue.
It doesn't change the fact that it's a bit shitty for certain people who had certain expectations, mind you. Still, the concern/trolling in these comparison threads are reaching new highs, it's embarassing.

edit: just saw the post above me and I was actually thinking about Dirt 5 and the huge difference in geometry, foliage, texture filtering etc.
Other things like tearing in AC suck for different reasons, and yeah hopefully Ubisoft will patch them soon enough (I believe they usually do this quickly, at least I think that's what happened for previous AC games at launch).

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely loving my Series X. Loving it.

It's so instant, fast and easy to switch between games, record clips, share them on WhatsApp via the app, move into entertainment apps etc.

And on the game point, I know there was an initial feeling of disappointment, but if you haven't played Xbox One (which I haven't) I'm basically spoilt for choice. I'm currently going through Gears 5 and Ori 1 and quite honestly they are both absolutely excellent. They're very much top of their genres and it just feels like a superb set of launch titles, knowing everything else I've still got to come.

Additional games in my library for once those two are finished, none of which I've played:

- FH4
- Sea of Thieves
- Mafia Remake
- Outer Wilds
- Assassins Creed Valhalla

My only concern is the durability of the machine. I've already had one break (I made a thread on it) and I just worry my replacement will break at random any day now.

I wonder what you're opinion is on FH4.

It's always fun reading peoples opinions when they join or return to an ecosystem and experience everything from a fresh perspective.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Played No Mans Sky on series x and it pretty bad, constant frame drops, really inconsistent. Wonder how is it compared to ps5

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Got a question. I'm playing Witcher 3 and want to know in what settings should be put for 4k and 60fps. Performance or 4k?

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I have a weird problem and need help. I'm playing Gears of War Ultimate Edition on the Series X and LG C9... And there's this really annoying sharpening thing that keeps going on and off. If I'm on the main menu, the text keeps getting brighter and sharper and the dimmer and blurry over and over. It's like a sharpening filter is going on and off. Anyone have any insight?

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I hope they fix the issue with 4K/60Hz HDR content only displaying in 4:2:0 and not full RGB. If you want to get full RGB in HDR at 4K you need to go to 120Hz which poses issues in the likes of DMCVSE where everything has an uncapped framerate so you get huge swings.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I think the Series controller might be more uncomfortable for me. It's almost cramping my right hand. I could get a nice smooth and firm perch on previous controller. The new one feels slightly smaller and almost digs into my palm.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they fix the issue with 4K/60Hz HDR content only displaying in 4:2:0 and not full RGB. If you want to get full RGB in HDR at 4K you need to go to 120Hz which poses issues in the likes of DMCVSE where everything has an uncapped framerate so you get huge swings.
Wait so people who don't have a 120hz capable TV aren't seeing anything in HDR 4:4:4?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got a question. I'm playing Witcher 3 and want to know in what settings should be put for 4k and 60fps. Performance or 4k?

I went both and forth a bunch before finally settling on performance. It's slightly blurrier but the 60fps feels fairly stable.

I think Both modes have dynamic resolution

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's early. I'm really happy with mine so far. The speed of the system is excellent. Stuff will get ironed out in time.

I have this and the PS5 and I don't have a preference between either. It's early yet before a preference will emerge.
I do have faith things will get better in time, but it's just a little frustrating if only from an optics standpoint.

The controller stick issues I'm having is really weird though and it's across multiple new controllers. It just does not feel as well designed there, and I keep having missed clicks, or the inability to rapidly click.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017

I don't remember anything related with 120 frames on Series S on Warzone but this guy says it runs at 120

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't get over how silent and well built XSX is. I have been playing since launch without hearing anything, no coil whine no fan noise no random shutdown no crash no nothing. Damn.

Oct 28, 2017
I think the Series controller might be more uncomfortable for me. It's almost cramping my right hand. I could get a nice smooth and firm perch on previous controller. The new one feels slightly smaller and almost digs into my palm.
I...hate to say it but I might be with you.

I have big hands. And while at first I didn't perceive any difference between the X1 controller and the XSX one, I have absolutely noticed More cramping, and more of a tendency for my hands to "fall asleep" if held in certain ways. It's so weird, but minor degrees have made a measurable negative difference for me.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm kind of glad that Halo: MCC isn't required to be installed on the internal SSD despite now being Optimized for Series X.

Initially I only had 4 Optimized for Series X games at launch, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Borderlands 3, and DMC5:SE.

Now because of updates suddenly I now have 7 Series X Optimized games so internal storage is starting to become a concern. Thankfully I moved Gears 5 over to external since I'm not playing it at the moment. The other 3 added after launch was No Man's Sky, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and Halo: MCC.

I've a 5TB External and thankfully only 3GB of it is used for BC games, So that gives me a decent amount of cold storage to work with, would definitely prefer getting one of those Expansion Cards once a 2TB version becomes available.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
So my Series X hardlocked on me tonight with DMC5 then the system shut off. Then the load time for a game in MyCareer on NBA 2K took extremely way too long than it usually does. I hope this isn't all a bad sign for me. I only worry, because the other day I had Valhalla lock up also.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Same, I'm getting some weird cramps specifically in my fingers when I play for awhile, that I never got with my old pad. I used my Best Buy warranty and swapped my broken patrol controller for the new sonic blue for free, but now I kinda regret not swapping it for the same older controller cause the sonic blue is hurting my fingers. Mad weird.

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
For those of you with a Series X|S Play & Charge kit is there any indication on the status of the charge? I just put mine in after the AA batteries that came with system died, and there is no indication (light?) on if it is charging while plugged into the console.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
For those of you with a Series X|S Play & Charge kit is there any indication on the status of the charge? I just put mine in after the AA batteries that came with system died, and there is no indication (light?) on if it is charging while plugged into the console.
There is nothing on the controller that it's plugged but you Can see it on the main menu on the upper right.

Finally i got my ps5 ...damn After the série x , this one make so much noise , on every website they said it's on the same level as the série x, this is not true at all!!!
The os is good, but i don't understand this is " next gen" and not the one from Xbox , damn Quick résumé is really the best things in os departmend.
I played astro and this is true that the controller feel really good , the trigger and Rumble feel Amazing ( but i really like the Rumble on the série x controller too), but the one on the ps5 feel way better, it's the HD Rumble from the Switch but better.
Didn't try game like spiderman or démon soul , but astro is really a gorgeous game ! Microsoft should really make New plateforme game like this one !!!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

At least with Xbox, you can still go back to the Xbox One controller if you prefer.

I've grown to really like the changes to the dpad, bumpers and triggers on the Series controller but the Elite Series 2 is still my favorite. Just hope they update it with the DLI update soon.

Dec 13, 2018
Pretty new Xbox owner, have mostly been gaming PlayStation exclusives and PC for the last 10+ years, with a bit of 360 and one gaming sprinkled in there.

Anyway, all in all I'm pretty happy to have an Xbox again (gamepass was the primary motivation). I have a mix of positive and negative thoughts on the device, but I want to play some more tomorrow before I really pass judgement. Going to calibrate everything tomorrow with my LG CX and play the "premiere" games.

One thing I did want to say is how much of a trip playing halo CE with my son has been. This was the game my friends and I spammed like no other in middle school. Also, it's been so long since I played CE I forgot how quiet and open things can be. I kind of looked at the halo infinite trailer again with fresh eyes after beating up to the silent cartographer in co-op and I have to say I'm actually pretty hyped now (minus the generic bad guy). Like my son who's 6 is just amazed at the music. He loves it and we're having a blast even if it's pretty much me doing a guided walkthrough. I think we might go through at least halo 2's story since he loves the invis elites with power swords in CE and I'm sure he'll love using it in 2. I will say it's funny that 343's graphic's overhaul has aged worse than the original art; I changed it by accident not knowing how to go back to the menu and my son asked me to leave it that way, which maybe for me it's probably nostalagia but I was happy not to look at freaky Commander keys nightmare face anymore. Elites look better though in the update.

shungokusatsu

Dec 16, 2017
Preordered from Amazon the moment preorders opened, but was one of the unfortunate delays just before launch. Got confirmation this morning the order finally shipped and will be here tomorrow!

I did the 3 years gold game pass deal, and have the X series external SSD ready to plug in. Re-did the office space to make room for both of these gargantuan consoles, but I'm excited to check out the X tomorrow.

How's the setup via app working? Hoping without issues.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You should be, I refunded a game as long as it's less than 14 days and you played less than 2 hours. On the Xbox website there is a refund form, Google it and it should appear just says a child purchased it or something in the drop down box
That's what I used and they denied my case. I'm not done yet. I sent them a long e-mail...

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Preordered from Amazon the moment preorders opened, but was one of the unfortunate delays just before launch. Got confirmation this morning the order finally shipped and will be here tomorrow!

I did the 3 years gold game pass deal, and have the X series external SSD ready to plug in. Re-did the office space to make room for both of these gargantuan consoles, but I'm excited to check out the X tomorrow.

How's the setup via app working? Hoping without issues.
Super slick. The app in general is great, being able to share clips via WhatsApp is a dream.

I tell you what, I am hooked on Ori. Just the first one but people weren't lying. It's sublime. Going to be really hard not to go straight into the sequel when I finish.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Wait so people who don't have a 120hz capable TV aren't seeing anything in HDR 4:4:4?

I haven't specifically tested that myself, but when I select 4K 60Hz output on the Xbox Series X, it drops to HDR 4:2:0. It seems like it's doing something weird when you set 60Hz, like only applying HDMI 2.0's max bandwidth or something?

120Hz HDR 4:4:4 works just fine. I'm using an LG CX.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, so I got my Series X after skipping the generation of Xbox. Figured I'm better off with it waiting for PS5 and I really wanna play some older games and upcoming ones. I'm a "not-so-big-now" but still a Destiny 2 player and I would really love to fly through Gears with somebody. I've finished first one but I guess I can replay it if there's party. Just looking for a friends over here at Xbox honestly. Also, reeeeally looking forward to Sea of Thieves.

So yeah, I guess if you feel like doing so, recognize the name or maybe new to Xbox (almost like me) - feel free to add KiDdYoNerrr.
Sorry if it's wrong thread, the other ones seem dead :D

P.S. It's 14:30 over here so I assume EU peeps preffered, but I know we play with US/AUS with ease on PlayStation :)

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone confirm, if I buy a year of EA Access will this turn into 4 months or Xbox Live ultimate?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hey everyone, so I got my Series X after skipping the generation of Xbox. Figured I'm better off with it waiting for PS5 and I really wanna play some older games and upcoming ones. I'm a "not-so-big-now" but still a Destiny 2 player and I would really love to fly through Gears with somebody. I've finished first one but I guess I can replay it if there's party. Just looking for a friends over here at Xbox honestly. Also, reeeeally looking forward to Sea of Thieves.

So yeah, I guess if you feel like doing so, recognize the name or maybe new to Xbox (almost like me) - feel free to add KiDdYoNerrr.

P.S. It's 14:30 over here so I assume EU peeps preffered, but I know we play with US/AUS with ease on PlayStation :)

Added. 11:35 here.

I don't play much multiplayer, but I'm always up for joining a SoT game which is open.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

I'll add you later, 12.45 here. If anyone else wants to fill out their xbox live list mine is Tovarish Nix.