• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I just played too much sub-720p MK11 on Switch, then :P

MK_11_Switch_screenshot_3.jpg

Nothing against that version tbh, I love having MK11 on the go.
Lol Jesus. I played MK9 on the vita so I understand.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Has anyone tried Code Vein on the Series X? It's on sale at the moment, and I seem to remember the frame rate was a bit iffy on the One X..?

thepiratejay

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
My XSX arrives next week. I put 100 hours into FH4 on X1X... I really can't wait to check it out on the new system. The load times alone with change everything (much like seasons).

Yup, it's incredible. Playing races on your own (where you don't have to wait for the game to load for Xbox One users) really is a strong showcase for how much load times have improved. It's all so ... seamless. Really enjoying my time with the game.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely loving my Series X. Loving it.

It's so instant, fast and easy to switch between games, record clips, share them on WhatsApp via the app, move into entertainment apps etc.

And on the game point, I know there was an initial feeling of disappointment, but if you haven't played Xbox One (which I haven't) I'm basically spoilt for choice. I'm currently going through Gears 5 and Ori 1 and quite honestly they are both absolutely excellent. They're very much top of their genres and it just feels like a superb set of launch titles, knowing everything else I've still got to come.

Additional games in my library for once those two are finished, none of which I've played:

- FH4
- Sea of Thieves
- Mafia Remake
- Outer Wilds
- Assassins Creed Valhalla

My only concern is the durability of the machine. I've already had one break (I made a thread on it) and I just worry my replacement will break at random any day now.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Starting a fresh run of Quantum Break on Series X. Still would love another patch but the loading it super quick. Almost too quick since the little screens that showed info don't even pop up lol.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
I'm absolutely loving my Series X. Loving it.

It's so instant, fast and easy to switch between games, record clips, share them on WhatsApp via the app, move into entertainment apps etc.

And on the game point, I know there was an initial feeling of disappointment, but if you haven't played Xbox One (which I haven't) I'm basically spoilt for choice. I'm currently going through Gears 5 and Ori 1 and quite honestly they are both absolutely excellent. They're very much top of their genres and it just feels like a superb set of launch titles, knowing everything else I've still got to come.

Additional games in my library for once those two are finished, none of which I've played:

- FH4
- Sea of Thieves
- Mafia Remake
- Outer Wilds
- Assassins Creed Valhalla

My only concern is the durability of the machine. I've already had one break (I made a thread on it) and I just worry my replacement will break at random any day now.
i wouldn't worry about it happening again, you would have to be extremely unlucky to get the same problem twice.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
i wouldn't worry about it happening again, you would have to be extremely unlucky to get the same problem twice.
One of my friends, who's also on this forum, also just had his die. I did think I was just unlucky, but the chances of that happening to a friend too made me nervous.

Hopefully I'll be safe as the machine is excellent. A lot to be said for it being absolutely silent, too.

Oct 27, 2017
After a little over a week since I got my Series X (and the ambulance trip to the hospital at almost the same time), I finally was able to set up my Series X.

Still doing the game updates (esp the ones that were on my external) and downloads so haven't played much yet. However, here's some early takaways.

First, the box that the console comes in is awesome. I love how they package the console and how they organize the accessories in it. The controller felt real good in the hands and it felt right at home. Actually looking forward for the controller customation store to open up again so I can get a Orange & Navy blue (Edmonton Oilers colours) Series X controller.

The system was actually about the size I was expecting and glad I took out the glass partition on my TV stand earlier as I wouldn't be able to have it verticle if I had left it in. Speaking of which, vertical is the way to go. It looks fantastic in that postion and there's no way i'm going to have it horizontal.

Power up time. I had a smile on my face when I heard the Xbox Logo come up and hearing the bootup sound. My only regret was not having the sound up higher, but I live in a condo and it was around 730 in the morning. Setup was a breeze via the app (besides forgetting my SSID password) and it did it's system & controller update afterwards. I had a little chuckle whem my Shaw gateway originall showed my Series X name as SCARLETT. Download speeds appears faster than my One S.

Really pleased that my TV (Samsung 4K curve 6490) is capable of everything besides 120hz (120fps). can do 4k 10-bit at 60Hz and HDR10 videa. Never had Dolby Vision before was not having that compatitiblity wasn't a surprise at all. Regardless, glad I don't need to spend $$$ on a new TV.

BTW, system is ubelieveably silent. Hell, my seagate Xbox external HDD I have connected to it makes more noise than the console.

Even though I'm playing the game updates (esp the ones that are Series X optimized) adventure, not sure when i'll be playing FH4 as it appears pre-downloading the game beforehand on the One S, stash it on the external, then copy it from the external to the Series X wasn't the best idea. Feels like there's updates after updates before I can play it. Now, there's around a 64gb update to download.

Even though I haven't played much yet, I already love my Series X and can't wait to get into some games, especially the Series X optimize ones.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this might seem like a really odd complaint but I wish the OS would still let me filter down to what One X enhanced games I have access to

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Captain Wreckus
Hope you're doing better. Glad to see you enjoying it. :)

Does DQ support quick resume? Maybe it's a bug, but it seems to reboot the demo whenever I switch.

By the way, does anyone one know if this works?

I own RE7 gold physical, and I install all the dlc, then I purchase the base game digitally(that's on sale right now), would I be able to use the dlc without the disc? 🤔

Oct 27, 2017
Captain Wreckus
Hope you're doing better. Glad to see you enjoying it. :)

Does DQ support quick resume? Maybe it's a bug, but it seems to reboot the demo whenever I switch.

By the way, does anyone one know if this works?

I own RE7 gold physical, and I install all the dlc, then I purchase the base game digitally(that's on sale right now), would I be able to use the dlc without the disc? 🤔
Thanks Le Monde. Doing better but will need to get my gall bladder taken out, have to get the referral next week when I call the doctor to get that moving.

BTW, Tetris is absolutely fantasic on the series X.

Not sure what DQ is (Dragon Quest maybe) so not sure about that.

In terms of RE7, I think you'll need the disc unless you buy the digital edition from the store. May be wrong though.

Oct 27, 2017
Loading from the External HDD wasn't too bad actually. Felt like the load times for Star Wars: Fallen Order was somewhat a bit quicker...well for me anyways.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Question: I checked the "turn off external storage while Xbox is off" and that made it so my HDD isn't constantly running in standby. That being said, it now boots up for maybe 5 seconds max every 3-5 minutes... spins up, then turns off. Almost like it's doing a check in or something lol.

Should I turn off "keep games updated" or something?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I need some help xbox ERA. Ive noticed that the new xbox controllers( w/share button new d pad) dont work with my Xbox app on IPad. When I try to remote play, the app doesn't recognize that I have a controller connected when I use the new controller. When I hook up a regular xbox one controller it works fine. I did notice that the bluetooth profile on iOS for the new controller shows "xbox wireless controller 9348346483" and the old controller is tagged as just "xbox wireless controller". Anybody else having the issue or can try to see if you can remote play with the new controller on iOS? Thanks

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I need some help xbox ERA. Ive noticed that the new xbox controllers( w/share button new d pad) dont work with my Xbox app on IPad. When I try to remote play, the app doesn't recognize that I have a controller connected when I use the new controller. When I hook up a regular xbox one controller it works fine. I did notice that the bluetooth profile on iOS for the new controller shows "xbox wireless controller 9348346483" and the old controller is tagged as just "xbox wireless controller". Anybody else having the issue or can try to see if you can remote play with the new controller on iOS? Thanks

9to5mac.com

Apple is working with Microsoft to bring Xbox Series X controller support to Apple devices - 9to5Mac

According to Apple’s support website, the company is currently working together with Microsoft to bring Xbox Series X and Series...

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: I checked the "turn off external storage while Xbox is off" and that made it so my HDD isn't constantly running in standby. That being said, it now boots up for maybe 5 seconds max every 3-5 minutes... spins up, then turns off. Almost like it's doing a check in or something lol.

I mean that's up to you but that's probably what its exactly doing if you have instant-on on. Games auto-updating when I'm away from the box are a godsend honestly. Nothing worse than coming home from a 8 hour shift at work sitting down to play a game and then having to wait for another 20 minutes for a patch to install.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Has anyone tested Fallen Order on the Series S? I know it runs with the same settings as the Xbox One S version, but I assume it's a locked 30? How are load times? Are the micro-stutters due to IO gone?

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So as Black Friday is approaching I've noticed the SSD drivers are starting to go on offer, what the best USB to SSD adapter to get for best performance

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Sorry if this has already been answered...but can you place a rechargeable battery from the last gen controllers in the new ones?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
On the waiting list, should receive my XSX mid Dec.
I'm currently playing some gamepass games on PC (Halo4, Gears5), can I take over my savegames once the console arrives?
All play anywhere titles should sync up which is incredible when it's there but not all titles are play anywhere right now. I hope we get there eventually because the experience of being able to move from console to pc and even cloud if that's your thing and pick up where you left off is so good

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has already been answered...but can you place a rechargeable battery from the last gen controllers in the new ones?
I have the a third party energizer battery pack / charging dock and the battery goes in fine. They changed the top clips though so the cover doesn't fit over it. Could probably 3d print something maybe

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It seems that if you have a third party battery pack, especially the ones you can dock, they don't fit Series X controllers. Seems the notches are in the wrong place, so they don't lock correctly. Shame.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
how the hell do i get in touch with customer support? i bought bright memory and was charged twice for it. thought maybe it was a pre-auth and it would drop off, but both charges have cleared. anytime i go to "contact us" to dispute a charge, i get "phone and chat isn't available for this issue. maddeningly stupid.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
how the hell do i get in touch with customer support? i bought bright memory and was charged twice for it. thought maybe it was a pre-auth and it would drop off, but both charges have cleared. anytime i go to "contact us" to dispute a charge, i get "phone and chat isn't available for this issue. maddeningly stupid.

I think if you go to your purchases list you can request a refund there. Just put in a reason for the refund request and you will get contacted by email.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I mean that's up to you but that's probably what its exactly doing if you have instant-on on. Games auto-updating when I'm away from the box are a godsend honestly. Nothing worse than coming home from a 8 hour shift at work sitting down to play a game and then having to wait for another 20 minutes for a patch to install.
I don't know if turning off "keep games updated" would fix that as when this happened to me there was no game to update, or it's because the console checks too often ?

But I have the same issue with the HDD waking up for a few seconds every 5 minutes for no reasons (no games needing an update), so I finally let it being on all the time, mine makes too much noise spinning up (3.5" 4TB HDD).
It's that way since the first Xbox One, I may report an issue on Insider again.

Also, as I often read wrong statements (not related to quotes) : having the external storage to turn off does not prevent the console from updating games that are on it, it will wake the HDD when needed.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What are the current guidelines for refunding digital games? I wanted to refund Bright Memory. I've only played it for less than an hour.

There once was a refund button in my purchase history and its no longer there so I had to request a refund differently. That went through the support and they told me that I'm not eligible for a refund. How...wtf?

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
What are the current guidelines for refunding digital games? I wanted to refund Bright Memory. I've only played it for less than an hour.

There once was a refund button in my purchase history and its no longer there so I had to request a refund differently. That went through the support and they told me that I'm not eligible for a refund. How...wtf?

I havent own a Xbox in ages. Is digital refund a thing now? Thought Steam was the inly only platform that allows you to refund

sam777

Oct 27, 2017

You should be, I refunded a game as long as it's less than 14 days and you played less than 2 hours. On the Xbox website there is a refund form, Google it and it should appear just says a child purchased it or something in the drop down box

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Anyone else have issues with with clench, stick buttons on this new controller? I'm outright not a fan and significantly worse in that regard

between this, quick resume never working and suspending one game even unreliable, the issues with third party games and the price - I'm feeling swindled

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone else have issues with with clench, stick buttons on this new controller? I'm outright not a fan and significantly worse in that regard

between this, quick resume never working and suspending one game even unreliable, the issues with third party games and the price - I'm feeling swindled
It's early. I'm really happy with mine so far. The speed of the system is excellent. Stuff will get ironed out in time.

I have this and the PS5 and I don't have a preference between either. It's early yet before a preference will emerge.