• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I picked up the original Xbox duke controller thinking it was an Xbox S Controller which I loved from back in the day I never actually had a Duke. Turns out there is no S controller available oh well.
At least I will now have 4 controllers useable on Xsx thanks to the back compatibility of controllers.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
When I'm trying to play a 360 game, it asks me to sign in to my Xbox Live account and then tells me "sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in." I log in at the site it tells me and it's perfectly fine. I'm signed in to my account on the Xbox.

edit: restarting the Xbox and the game fixed it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure about the PC port, (heard it needs mods to avoid major issues?) but as far as consoles go Series X is absolutely the best way to play Nier Automata and it's not close.

I'm fortunate enough to have a ps5 and a XSX, and have the game on both systems. I installed both and took screen caps from each directly (it should be noted that they both run at locked 60).

The Series X version has much better image quality than the PS5 version.

pR1qk5u.png

PS5: Left
XSX: Right

full direct caps:
PS5: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625466657/
XSX: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625366086/

It's also quite noticeable while playing that the XSX has superior image quality and resolution. It's not close.

Thought someone might find this useful since it's such a beloved game!

(Also note that Nier Automata is currently available on Gamepass!)

Shame because I'd still stick to PC because I need reshade to fix the washed out colours.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
When I'm trying to play a 360 game, it asks me to sign in to my Xbox Live account and then tells me "sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in." I log in at the site it tells me and it's perfectly fine. I'm signed in to my account on the Xbox.

if you have two-factor turned on, the 360 doesn't support two-factor authentication. You need the page:

Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step verification - Microsoft Support

Learn how to sign in and create app passwords for Microsoft apps and devices that don't support two-step verification.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
As far as I know if the game says Series X enhanced, you need to run it on the internal drive for the enhancements.

Surprisingly, this is not true. Halo MCC being one example.

If you bring up the file info, and the Console Type is "XboxOneGen9Aware", it doesn't require the velocity drive.

Other games I've read (but not personally tested) that are Series X|S enhanced but don't require the internal drive are:
Sea of Thieves
Ori
Warzone
Apex Legends
Ark
Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Quick resume really is the business.

Was playing Jedi fallen order when I got an invitation to forza horizon from my buddy. Held down the centre button and was in and playing in seconds. Just so slick.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm not sure about the PC port, (heard it needs mods to avoid major issues?) but as far as consoles go Series X is absolutely the best way to play Nier Automata and it's not close.

I'm fortunate enough to have a ps5 and a XSX, and have the game on both systems. I installed both and took screen caps from each directly (it should be noted that they both run at locked 60).

The Series X version has much better image quality than the PS5 version.

pR1qk5u.png

PS5: Left
XSX: Right

full direct caps:
PS5: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625466657/
XSX: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625366086/

It's also quite noticeable while playing that the XSX has superior image quality and resolution. It's not close.

Thought someone might find this useful since it's such a beloved game!

(Also note that Nier Automata is currently available on Gamepass!)
Yeah it's only 1080p on Pro/PS5. CB4K on X1X/XSX. I actually prefer the XSX version to the PC version - still some microstutters on the latter even with my 3080. Whereas smooth as silk on the XSX, never misses a beat.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
ppl wasn't lying bout GTA IV.

instead of looking like a 2008 game. Looks more like a really smooth 2012 game. Walking around is night and day difference compared to when i played on 360

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
With series x are there new ports being used with Xbox live?

On Xbox one I had to use a static ip and add ports manually to my modem to get an open nat. I copied everything over to the series but it's still moderate.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
Having issues and also read many others have issues with my monitor outputting 1440p at 120hz. It works with my PC at 1440p at 165Hz over HDMI. It only caps out at 1440p/60Hz on the Xbox or 1080p/120Hz..

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Surprisingly, this is not true. Halo MCC being one example.

If you bring up the file info, and the Console Type is "XboxOneGen9Aware", it doesn't require the velocity drive.

Other games I've read (but not personally tested) that are Series X|S enhanced but don't require the internal drive are:
Sea of Thieves
Ori
Warzone
Apex Legends
Ark
Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Makes sense, as it would depend on how it was "optimized". If they just cranked the resolution or framerate primarily, there's no real reason you'd NEED the internal drive for that.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

edit: restarting the Xbox and the game fixed it.
Was that your first time launching a 360 game?

The first time I tried to play Dead Space that came up, but was fixed after I restarted the Xbox as well.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Well, all games I tested today for Quick Resume, didn't work...

Dirt 5
GRAW (X360)
Valhalla (okay I knew it won't work)
Tetris Effect
COD BLOPS CW

Is it disabled system-wide for Insiders maybe? Haven't tested the rest I have on my Internal SSD.

Also, is Breakpoint working at 60fps on SX?

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
I was searching for new frame rate tests in some games on Series S, and find one of NFS Heat comparing between One S and Series S. Idk if his a really trustable source in general with the video and tools used but for some reason, the Series S hit 60 frames vs 30.
I did a search to see what One X run it, and DF video have it at 30, so something is strange..

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty cool using quick resume to switch between some of my favorite games from the 360 gen - Halo 4, Assassin's Creed, and the Orange Box - and for them all to be in native 4K.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone had a problem trying 360 games? It say "Getting your Xbox 360 info" in a gray screen for minutes, and after that it can open the game but I can't download the 360 profile.

Kilirath

Oct 27, 2017
And Xbox sent my $5 for black Friday. But when I click redeem it crashes the store.

The shine is wearing off.
I've found the new store to be slightly unreliable at times even going back to when they rolled it out on last gen consoles. I had a code the Xbox store refused to accept and the only way I could get it to work was to redeem it on the website.

WillyBubba

Oct 31, 2017
Well, all games I tested today for Quick Resume, didn't work...

Dirt 5
GRAW (X360)
Valhalla (okay I knew it won't work)
Tetris Effect
COD BLOPS CW

Is it disabled system-wide for Insiders maybe? Haven't tested the rest I have on my Internal SSD.

Also, is Breakpoint working at 60fps on SX?

I just Quick Resumed Gears Tactics, so it is still working, just not on everything... FH4 won't QR for me anymore even while that worked fine earlier.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone reckon Microsoft will revise their controllers to add Haptic feedback in the next year or two?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was searching for new frame rate tests in some games on Series S, and find one of NFS Heat comparing between One S and Series S. Idk if his a really trustable source in general with the video and tools used but for some reason, the Series S hit 60 frames vs 30.
I did a search to see what One X run it, and DF video have it at 30, so something is strange..

Yeah, I don't trust.

Thus shows 60fps Racers and 30fps on S and X.

Heat looks 30.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
On the waiting list, should receive my XSX mid Dec.
I'm currently playing some gamepass games on PC (Halo4, Gears5), can I take over my savegames once the console arrives?

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone reckon Microsoft will revise their controllers to add Haptic feedback in the next year or two?
No. You already have PS5 launch games (some developed by first party) that barely use the thing. I think it's going to be relegated to Switch HD rumble territory within a year, meaning once people get past the "oh this is cool" stage of things, you will not care much anymore. I platinumed Astro and I enjoyed the controller features a lot but that's because Astro was a fun game; in the end the haptics were pretty much in line with what I felt with 1, 2 Switch (but it felt more fun because Astro is Astro and 1, 2 Switch is... well... 1, 2, Switch).

In the end, for me (and I can emphasize enough that this is just my opinion) I don't think Microsoft should chase this trend this generation because I don't think the feature matters all that much outside of the initial shock value it adds. I don't think the trade off the hit battery life takes is worth it to have the controller always do haptics like it should.

Next gen is when I think they can jump in when it seems like devs have a standard approach for what works and what doesn't and it can be easier to implement. I don't think Xbox gamers are missing out by their controller not having this feature.

thepiratejay

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Holy shit, Horizon 4 is like digital crack. Race, do ridiculous showcases, level up, spin a wheel, repeat.

Sank a few hours into the game on One X and I only installed it again because I wanted to see what it looks like on the XSX. Now I can't put the controller down (and also bought the Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle which is on sale).

Super Moorad

Jul 26, 2018

Yeah, I don't trust.

Thus shows 60fps Racers and 30fps on S and X.

Heat looks 30.

I tried the game on my series X, I can confirm it's 30 fps

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, Horizon 4 is like digital crack. Race, do ridiculous showcases, level up, spin a wheel, repeat.

Sank a few hours into the game on One X and I only installed it again because I wanted to see what it looks like on the XSX. Now I can't put the controller down (and also bought the Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle which is on sale).
My XSX arrives next week. I put 100 hours into FH4 on X1X... I really can't wait to check it out on the new system. The load times alone with change everything (much like seasons).

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
In theory Mortal Kombat 11 doesn't look that different even after the X|S upgrade, right? I don't know but it looks crazy next gen to me (having played it mostly on PC at mid settings, and on Switch, lol), I don't think I've ever seen a better looking fighting game. And the load times!

Worth the triple dip :x

Oct 28, 2017
In theory Mortal Kombat 11 doesn't look that different even after the X|S upgrade, right? I don't know but it looks crazy next gen to me (having played it mostly on PC at mid settings, and on Switch, lol), I don't think I've ever seen a better looking fighting game. And the load times!

Worth the triple dip :x
I thought it looked the same as it did on my 1x. But after a few minutes I feel like the ligting is improved. Especially on projectile effects. I was expecting 120 honestly.