• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My Series X seems to make a bit of a thunk when I start it up? Not very loud.. but 1 thunk when it starts up. Probably the bluray drive? Is that normal?

I havent put a disc in it yet.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
My Series X seems to make a bit of a thunk when I start it up? Not very loud.. but 1 thunk when it starts up. Probably the bluray drive? Is that normal?

Almost definitely the disc drive but if you don't use discs then it's probably not that much of an issue?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
So my Xbox Series X keeps freezing which then will turn itself off but the controller will remain on. This is happened across several games. Is this happening to anyone else?

ekim

Oct 26, 2017

It's normal. It's the disc drive when no disc is inserted. I also noticed it and then tried my One X - it does the same. (I had GTAV in it for years and did not notice it before because of this)

Kilirath

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the go with getting Gamepass via All Access? Telstra told me I'd get it redeemed when launching the console for the first time, however I noticed nothing when doing so.
If you didn't see anything during the initial setup then try looking under settings > account > included with this Xbox.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Thank for the word Gamer @ Heart , I will get a year so I can try exclusives games, and beside I'm not closed to purchase games like always.

We know if Control UE performance for Series S is good? I try look at Google but it's difficult find information.
It should be rock solid but you are only getting whatever the base Xbox One resolution is which I'm assuming is 900P. That should get raised once there is a dedicated Series S version.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Gears 5 on Series X (in Act 3 particularly) seems far, far from 60 FPS (at least with any kind of consistency) and if WD Legion is holding 30 FPS it surely doesn't feel like it and it doesn't look great either.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy to finally say I was able to get an XSX ordered through Walmart today. The timing is perfect because I'm about to beat Demon's Souls on PS5 and I have a lot of stuff I want to play on XSX.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is EXTREMELY cheap. I might have to nab that....

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What's the recommended external hardrive to move games back and forth and to store longer gameplay?

Can I also store gamepass games?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I finally got my series x. Didn't get to play much today, but first impressions are really good, great hardware, the new dpad is wonderful, and navigating the ui/store is a dream. Oh, and quick resume is stupidly good. Found myself switching games just because. :P

Hoping to test the remote play tomorrow, and play some games. Already got three installed.

By the way, is deadly premonition officially back on the store?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
2 things

1. Does the msft rewards app keep closing randomly on anybody?

2. Msft massively needs to overhaul this ui, it's so ugly.

So far this has been getting a lot more play than my ps5 purely because of gamepass though. I prefer the ps5 ui by a mile and prefer the dualsense overall but the new controller on xbox is pretty great as well and gamepass is ridiculous.

Currently I'm finding the PS5 UI to be a bit of a step back from the PS4, if I'm honest - though it might just be the adjustment period to the changes. Things seem more cluttered and illogically placed, and simple tasks require an extre button press or two that they didn't before.

I was a little bummed that Microsoft just kep the same fundamental UI for the Series X, but at least I know how to navigate it quickly, I suppose.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Cross posting from another thread:

Series X audio cutting out issue

I have ARC running via optical to my Sony receiver, and I get a slight delay with Bitstream Dolby Digital, and no delay with DTS but DTS cuts out every 20 seconds. Argh!

The only workaround I found after two hours of tinkering is to set the Xbox to output uncompressed 5.1, instead of Bitstream, and then let my TV + receiver do the dance of converting it into Dolby Digital with less delay than before (but still some audio delay)

my PS5 works perfectly fine, with Dolby Digital or DTS. My preference is of course DTS.

anyone know of a way to get DTS to work without constantcutting audio out on the Xbox series X?

(i've tried two different optical cables with the same result)

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I'm guessing Quick resume is fully functional now?

Feels so good to switch between gears 5 campaign, gears ultimate multi and banjo tooie all within 5 seconds

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Having an issue trying to buy the Dolby Atmos for headphones licences. My free trial just expired bit I cant pay for the licence. The button to do so within the app says it cost's $0 USD (I'm in Australia though), and when I push it an error message comes up. Can you get the licence outside of the app?

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Snagged a PS5 Digital Edition and am enjoying my time with it, but man if I don't have a fierce hankering for some Halo 5. Wonder if I can snag a Series X next week

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
What's the best implementation of Auto HDR for you guys? Playing Gears 3 right now and it looks fantastic!

There's really only a few games I've played that use Auto HDR, but the ones that stick out for me are Forza Motorsport 5 and 6, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo 5. It also looks great for 2D indie games, like Adventures of Pip and Riddled Corpses EX.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
yes, it was the xbox one picture until i registered the serial number. Now it has a picture of the Series X but it says xbox one 🤦‍♂️
The name displayed is whatever you name the console itself in the console's settings.

Settings > System. Select "Name". Reboot.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Had a pretty harsh bug or similar with quick resume today that reversed all my progress from yesterday, nut sure I've heard of it before? I opened FH4 from suspend mode and it had a weird issues where it would keep going back to the menu whenever I closed it. I figured I'd restart the game to fix it, but then the game opened in QR even though I quit it from the guide. The QR was several hours behind my suspended state and now it considers that the save state, meaning everything I did after is gone :(