• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Tried to do a search, but didnt see anything - apologizes if its been asked etc.

Ill be receiving my Series X shortly, and I'd like to continue to use my One X in my living room for my Partners media consumption etc. Can I setup both devices in such a way where the Series X lives in an office for gaming, and the One X just is in our living room for just streaming media et al? Would they use the same account but two logins on the same network? Would I set the HOME CONSOLE as the office one or the other?

Thank you all!
I have a Series X (set as home) and a One X. I want to say that I was logged into both at the same time at one point when setting up, but can't say 100%. One thing I found mildly annoying is that my Pins were locked to gamertag, not system (I was hoping to keep my One X as just media + a couple of cross-gen, cross-save games as service types of games), but I just created a Media group to the home and all was good.

PapaGoob

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Anyone receive their All Access Xbox? I just received mine. I haven't set it up yet but based on the box it looks exactly like the normal Xbox Series X box. Should it look different? How do I know it's an All Access Series X instead of just a regular console? I ask because from what I've read it sounds like the 24 month Game Pass is tied to the console and their isn't a code to enter.

Th3hoopman

Apr 23, 2020
Hey guys, I have a HyperX Core and I was just curious if anyone knew how to get the audio to exclusively play through the headset? Right now it plays through both the headset and TV.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Tried to do a search, but didnt see anything - apologizes if its been asked etc.

Ill be receiving my Series X shortly, and I'd like to continue to use my One X in my living room for my Partners media consumption etc. Can I setup both devices in such a way where the Series X lives in an office for gaming, and the One X just is in our living room for just streaming media et al? Would they use the same account but two logins on the same network? Would I set the HOME CONSOLE as the office one or the other?

Thank you all!
You can sign into as many Xbox consoles as you'd like with your log in. It's only when games come into the equation where things get a little tricky:

-If a license holder is logged into an Xbox that isn't their home Xbox, other users can play their games. But if the license holder is logged in elsewhere as well and their licenses are being used for a game, attempted to launch a game elsewhere will prompt you to eject them from their play session.

Which console you decide to set the home console to is up to you. All that does is ensures that no one needs access to your account to be able to play your games. If you only plan on gaming on the Series X, set that one to the home console. If you plan on gaming on the One X as well, maybe look into setting that one as the home Xbox if it'll be the most widely used console in the home.

But if the One X is going to be used only for media, you don't even need to worry about the home stuff. Just have the apps you want to use for streaming installed, name the console something easy (I've named mine after Zeta (i like greek letters lol)), and then just cast media or whatever you want to do. Oh and install Kodi it's a bit of a life saver that one.

Lmk if you need more info :)

Th3hoopman

Apr 23, 2020
Anyone receive their All Access Xbox? I just received mine. I haven't set it up yet but based on the box it looks exactly like the normal Xbox Series X box. Should it look different? How do I know it's an All Access Series X instead of just a regular console? I ask because from what I've read it sounds like the 24 month Game Pass is tied to the console and their isn't a code to enter.

From what I understand the box and console is exactly the same. Not sure how the code works though.

Mar 19, 2020
Anybody have a preference between Atmos or DTS for headphones on the X? Finally bit on an Arctis 9x and so one of these codex seems worth it now. I know there has been a tread on this, but there is a lot of PC troubleshooting mixed in so it's hard to figure out how they perform on console.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have a preference between Atmos or DTS for headphones on the X? Finally bit on an Arctis 9x and so one of these codex seems worth it now. I know there has been a tread on this, but there is a lot of PC troubleshooting mixed in so it's hard to figure out how they perform on console.

From what I have read, DTS is the current favourite for headphones.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Had to download storm island from the store and that worked

I think FH2 might be the best in the series. I love the larger towns as it means slightly more road racing than FH3&4 which opened the world up arguably too much

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Had to download storm island from the store and that worked

I think FH2 might be the best in the series. I love the larger towns as it means slightly more road racing than FH3&4 which opened the world up arguably too much
I'll stop ya right there. Forza Horizon 1 is the best. Despite the closed-off roads it's a game that gives a face to the challenges you take and Colorado is probably one of the best racing game locales I've ever driven around in.

Seriously tho lol opinions and all but I didn't like FH2 much, my tier list is

FH1>FH3=FH4>FH2

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
YAY! Mine finally showed up this morning. Just took it home at lunch, did the quick set up routine and have all my games transferring over from 1X via Network Transfer. I feel like I was lied to about how long that takes. I was pulling speeds around 300-400 mbs, so I'm very confident it's all going to be transferred over by the time I get home. I did delete a couple bigger games that it sounded like were going to need to re-download anyway like FH4 and Planet Coaster (which I'm not sure I'm that into anyway).

I don't even know what to play first when I get home. I'm probably gonna just keep playing Fallout 76 or RB6 Siege via Game Pass, but I want something that's going to put it through it's paces a bit more. I was sure I'd buy Valhalla, but at $80 CAD, I'm just gonna wait a week and see if it goes on sale for Black Friday. Even if it's like a 10% discount, I'll take it. I do want something "new" to play, but I don't $80 want anything...you know.

I'm excited to try this out though!

colive

Oct 27, 2017
USA
We wanted to analyze Quick Resume usage data before building any UX around the experience as we want to ensure we build what people actually would find helpful. In that vein, I'd love for anyone to chime in as to why you'd like a particular UX for Quick Resume.
Is it for management purposes? If so, what kind of management would be useful?
is it to see what games are currently saved and if so, why? Because that would inform a decision to play a particular game?
Or some other reason entirely?

I think the most value is for management purposes. I'd love to see in the Guide those 5 games similar to the current 5 recent apps/games, and I'd really like an alert before launching a new game that another game would be removed from Quick Resume (and even better, the ability to select which one is removed).

As I'm hopping between games, I can't keep track of what I've been playing and what is/isn't stored in Quick Resume, and for homes with multiple people using the same console, the need is even greater. I know we're all excited about our new consoles, so we're all probably hopping between a lot of games right now more than is normal in typical use. Still, it's hard to reliably take advantage of this feature and enjoy its benefits if we can't see what games are stored.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I'll stop ya right there. Forza Horizon 1 is the best. Despite the closed-off roads it's a game that gives a face to the challenges you take and Colorado is probably one of the best racing game locales I've ever driven around in.

FH1>FH3=FH4>FH2
I wish I could get 1 or 2 :(

Another story with anecdotal reasons to never buy video game stuff from amazon
for some reason the shock blue controller is limit 1 per person. I ordered it and amazon lost it, it never arrived. ok, not a big deal, they refunded it almost immediately. however I cannot re-order it since it is 1 per person. ive talked to 3 different people with support and the best I could get was an extra $15 in amazon promo and told to buy it from a sketchy 3rd party vendor. I think im gonna do a best buy gift card and opt for local store pickup at this rate, im over this shit. dunno why they cant just hit a button and resend the item

wellslogan

Aug 1, 2018
I really hope they can stabilize Quick Resume, because right now it just doesn't work consistently enough. Maybe I'm too pessimistic and I hope I'm wrong but it kind of feels like one of those features (like snap on the XB1, RIP) where it's touted heavily at launch but is a bit janky, and then a few months later they allow devs to opt-out of their games using it, and then a couple of system updates down the road they quietly kill it off.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I just figured out how to use an Xbox 360 controller to play some multilayer games.

You need to go on a phone and start remote streaming your Xbox to it (I used my Note 10+ for it. My iPad was having issues idk why) and have your Xbox 360 controller connected to your phone. Then just start the game you want to play on the Xbox and then bam, you can use both at the same time to play multiplayer.

I tried it with Untitled Goose Game and worked great. I didnt even have to look at my phone and just used the screen since latency was really low/almost instant.

Unfortunately Tetris doesn't work on remote streaming so that can't be played.

Anyone know more games on Game Pass that has split screen multiplayer? I want to see how many games this workaround works on.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I just figured out how to use an Xbox 360 controller to play some multilayer games.

You need to go on a phone and start remote streaming your Xbox to it (I used my Note 10+ for it. My iPad was having issues idk why) and have your Xbox 360 controller connected to your phone. Then just start the game you want to play on the Xbox and then bam, you can use both at the same time to play multiplayer.

I tried it with Untitled Goose Game and worked great. I didnt even have to look at my phone and just used the screen since latency was really low/almost instant.

Anyone know more games on Game Pass that has split screen multiplayer? I want to see how many games this workaround works on.
this seems rather convoluted for something MS could just allow...any reason why they don't officially support it? they have 360 game support and its not like they have to worry about people buying a 360 controller instead of a One/Series controller at this point

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
There's definitely something up with Series X registering DLC, every time I restart the console the next time I play..

Watch Dogs Legion: it'll prompt me to download the Golden King pack which I already have installed.

Forza Horizon 4: it'll prompt me to download an upgrade for the DLC packs for that I already have installed (if I choose to it installs instantly because, well, it's already installed).

MK11 Ultimate: when I fist installed it 3 of the DLC characters were greyed out and I had to uninstall them, restart the console and install them again to get them to register and the latest Series X upgrade patch has relocked ALL the DLC characters.

I thought it might be because I didn't activate it as my home console (my son has my old One S in his room) but that shouldn't effect it and it seems to be hit and miss with different games.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

FH1>FH3=FH4>FH2

I just went back and downloaded FH1. Jesus it looks amazing on XSX. Its a late gen 360 game but even with the res and framerate improvement, things like the draw distance are pretty crazy.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
this seems rather convoluted for something MS could just allow...any reason why they don't officially support it? they have 360 game support and its not like they have to worry about people buying a 360 controller instead of a One/Series controller at this point

They changed the Xbox wireless protocol with the Xbox One and Xbox One controllers because it allowed them to have more bandwidth to each controller but it's not backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 version of that radio.

It works via remote play because the controller is just showing up as a basic controller to the phone and doesn't need to use that wireless protocol, similar to how you can use a Dualsense to play Xbox games via xCloud or local streaming.

That said, I have no idea how you connect a 360 controller to a phone/tablet since they don't have bluetooth.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017

I wonder if this would work for rockband wired guitars?

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Finally got my series x

Holy crap is this thing quiet. This is like the silent pc dream machine. Its almost scary.

Last edited:

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this would work for rockband wired guitars?

I tried it out on more controllers and I think any android supported gamepad would work. I just used a Dualshock 3 and it worked. I tried a game of Apex Legends and the latest was fine from my home internet.

Trying to see if it worked on Gears 5 multi now

Don't have rock band guitars though

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Truly impressed by the speeds of this thing.

TV off, turn the XSX on with my controller and I'm right back into the action in less than 5 seconds; Switch esque standby speed

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Has Microsoft or Xbox actually said anything anywhere about what's going on with Quick Resume? Seems like it only really works on a very small
amount of the titles at the moment. Not a major issue but I can't find anywhere they commented on it?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Has Microsoft or Xbox actually said anything anywhere about what's going on with Quick Resume? Seems like it only really works on a very small
amount of the titles at the moment. Not a major issue but I can't find anywhere they commented on it?
They acknowledged there was a problem with it not working on some titles so they're working on resolving it.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Got my S today. Very small, very pretty, really quiet and friggin hot. Had do move it out of my TV cupboard and place it on top of it. Felt like the air wasn't circulating well enough.

Downloading some gamepass games now. This is my first xbox since the original 360 and even then i played most of the time on my ps3.

Looking forward to play games like ori, quantum break, alan wake, really wanna play through the halo series for the first time. Maybe give the gears game a while.

What are some lesser known xbox/xbox360/one games that are not on gamepass but are worth getting?

Oh and i wish there was a standby mode where the console still downloads games in the background. Like on the ps4

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried Control on their Series X yet? I know the next gen patch isn't coming out for a few months, but how is the base game? It had some really really bad freezing issues on my PS4, so if I were to double dip I'd need to know if those are resolved and if there are any other improvements beyond just higher resolution. 🤔

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepad trick doesn't seem to work 9 with Gears 5 😞 though this method does allow you to use a controller of preference if the game allows streaming

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Oh and i wish there was a standby mode where the console still downloads games in the background. Like on the ps4
There is, it's called Instant-on

When you set your power mode (Settings -- General -- Power mode and startup) you can choose either "Instant on" which boots the console within 4 seconds and allows you to play, install and manage console games from your phone or "Energy saving" which doesn't do much in standby

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Gamepad trick doesn't seem to work 9 with Gears 5 😞 though this method does allow you to use a controller of preference if the game allows streaming
Tetris Effect doesn't seem to work either. Haven't tested it but maybe enhanced / native games aren't supported w/ streaming for now?

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
There is, it's called Instant-on

When you set your power mode (Settings -- General -- Power mode and startup) you can choose either instant on which boots the console within 4 seconds and allows you to manage your console and download games from your phone or "Energy saving*
Hm okay need to give this a try. Thanks

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried Moving Out for the gamepad trick and it seems to work for multiplayer. Try some other games now too like Overcooked

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
They changed the Xbox wireless protocol with the Xbox One and Xbox One controllers because it allowed them to have more bandwidth to each controller but it's not backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 version of that radio.

It works via remote play because the controller is just showing up as a basic controller to the phone and doesn't need to use that wireless protocol, similar to how you can use a Dualsense to play Xbox games via xCloud or local streaming.

That said, I have no idea how you connect a 360 controller to a phone/tablet since they don't have bluetooth.
The funny thing is I forgot about the wireless ones. I've been using the wired 360 pad for over a decade on PC

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
Quick Resume and Cloud Saves question. Before my XSX came I was playing Hollow Knight on my phone and am now continuing progress on my XSX.

If I continued on my phone in bed, what would happen when I Quick Resume it on console? I really don't want to risk my save by trying this, but I'm curious if anyone has.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone tried Control on their Series X yet? I know the next gen patch isn't coming out for a few months, but how is the base game? It had some really really bad freezing issues on my PS4, so if I were to double dip I'd need to know if those are resolved and if there are any other improvements beyond just higher resolution. 🤔

It always ran ok on Xbox one, but menus were laggy. That is great on Xbox Now

Oct 28, 2017
I think the most value is for management purposes. I'd love to see in the Guide those 5 games similar to the current 5 recent apps/games, and I'd really like an alert before launching a new game that another game would be removed from Quick Resume (and even better, the ability to select which one is removed).

As I'm hopping between games, I can't keep track of what I've been playing and what is/isn't stored in Quick Resume, and for homes with multiple people using the same console, the need is even greater. I know we're all excited about our new consoles, so we're all probably hopping between a lot of games right now more than is normal in typical use. Still, it's hard to reliably take advantage of this feature and enjoy its benefits if we can't see what games are stored.
I havent read all of the posts on this, but how about something discrete, like a marker on the game icon like they do with Game Pass and EA Play. Or just a differently colored border to indicate that this game is ready to be Quick Resumed. Like a gold or silver border around a game icon, which would stand out from the color you have chosen as your preference in the settings.

Because Im not sure I would appreciate more clutter in the Guide, I think it works fine now ..

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
What's the best way to unsync and resync your controller? My elite v2 won't turn on the XSX for some reason. I've rebooted but maybe need to do a resync?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's tied to the system. It'll ask you if you want to redeem it as you set up the console. You can choose to redeem it later under the account tab in system settings or My Games & Apps under "Included with this Xbox".

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Quick Resume and Cloud Saves question. Before my XSX came I was playing Hollow Knight on my phone and am now continuing progress on my XSX.

If I continued on my phone in bed, what would happen when I Quick Resume it on console? I really don't want to risk my save by trying this, but I'm curious if anyone has.
When you try to resume on your Xbox it'll come up with a prompt telling you that the game has to close in order to sync cloud saves.

I've done this with Final Fantasy 15; keep flipping between SX and PC. Thankfully MS thought about this :)

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
As a coaster enthusiast without a PC, Planet Coaster Console Edition is a dream come true. Holy shit.
I cant believe it looks and runs as good as it does on console. I played it on high end PC and you can really bog it down to as low at 10fps. Now the console versions do have a limit of how many items you can place that has been a sour spot. On Series X/PS5 that headroom is a lot higher (25%) more than base consoles, but still has a limit. They did this so the games logic could still run and frame rate would not tank. But outside of that the game has been fantastic on console.