• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
Tried Sea of Thieves for the first time. Completed the Maiden Voyage, then I had no clue what I was doing. My boat was quickly shot down by another one lol. Game seems pretty cool though, is it a must to play with friends or is it still fun solo?

Overall I've loved my time with the Series X so far, the few issues I've had aside. Everything looks and plays great, I love the controller, Gamepass is crazy, I could go on and on. Once some games start to come out for the new Series consoles, it's going to be awesome.
Sea of Thieves is more fun with friends, or other gamers, in my experience. But I did play solo for a while, way back when the game was fairly new, and still enjoyed the game.

If you need people to play with try posting an LFG, or go to the official Sea of Thieves forums, they used to have a lot of people looking for other pirates to sail the sea. I haven't been on the forum for many months but I'm sure they still have the same requests.

Alternately, you might find players in the game who are willing to party up. That's how I found a group of players who were fun to sail with.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing this posted so I figure I must say this.

Halo MCC is NOT Series S/X optimized yet. The patch comes out Tuesday.

What everyone is playing now is just the general backwards compatible wizardry from MS.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
I think the Series X may well be the quietest console ever designed? Granted mine is behind the TV, but besides when it's reading off a disk, I literally don't hear it.

Also, I find the controller more comfortable than my Elite 1. Though it's not as heavy, nor does it have as premium materials, it's actually still better built in that it has no creaks whatsoever, whilst the Elite 1 has quite a number. Just a shame the buttons are so loud and clickety clackety, because otherwise the controller is supremely comfortable and ergonomic.

The face button and d-pad 'click' sounds are the only downside for me.

There is a potential issue I have found with the joysticks, in my use: when moving my RS to its extreme, and then doing circular motions, there is a very subtle grinding that I can feel. It doesn't seem to impact the movement/actions in any way, that I can see. The LS seems unaffected.

Hopefully it doesn't create any joystick drift but only time will tell.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Now that my console can do 120 fps I'm bummed my tv cannot.
Although that means I will at least be seeing 60fps max at all times which will be nice.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know where I can buy the official Microsoft rechargeable battery pack for the series x controller? Only place I see it is Best Buy but it's sold out.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Now that my console can do 120 fps I'm bummed my tv cannot.
Although that means I will at least be seeing 60fps max at all times which will be nice.
Yeah, kinda feeling the same but I think I'm going to wait until there are more TVs out there with all the stuff I want. I wish Samsung would just give up with HDR 10 and embrace Dolby vision, that would make my decision much easier.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Here are some 4k Screens from snapped from Battlefield V and Forza Horizon 4

ydO67af.jpg

aayOBVG.jpg

qEAmlFX.jpg

G7X2Wbf.jpeg

tENmrA3.jpeg

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, kinda feeling the same but I think I'm going to wait until there are more TVs out there with all the stuff I want. I wish Samsung would just give up with HDR 10 and embrace Dolby vision, that would make my decision much easier.
I've been a 30fps is more than fine guy so this constant 60 is a huge jump for me so that's helped lol.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also; I have an OG Elite controller. Outside of the back buttons, the new controller is technically better right? Better battery and lower input lag correct?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

There is a potential issue I have found with the joysticks, in my use: when moving my RS to its extreme, and then doing circular motions, there is a very subtle grinding that I can feel. It doesn't seem to impact the movement/actions in any way, that I can see. The LS seems unaffected.

Yes, I can hear/feel that too, though it's not particularly noticeable.

I believe it's the matt facia texture looping around to the inside of the analogue cut out. The way Sony deals with this is by having a secondary inner ring in the analogue cut out, that is of a softer/smoother material. Hence the sticks on the DualSense are much quieter and don't have that faint grinding.

My only concern about the XSX controller sticks is that I can already see faint grind marks on the stick stems on my pad, and it's less than a week old. I doubt it actually impacts things much even after several years, so it's probably nothing to worry about, but it is a point of difference.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Here are some 4k Screens from snapped from Battlefield V and Forza Horizon 4

ydO67af.jpg

aayOBVG.jpg

qEAmlFX.jpg

G7X2Wbf.jpeg

tENmrA3.jpeg
Slight tangent. I don't think I've ever played a Battle Field game so which one would you recommend I jump into? Note, I do find it hard to go back to ancient graphics but it doesn't have to be high end, and I really want 60fps.... Should I just go with the latest?

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Here are some screens I snapped from Gears 5 as well. The game looks gorgeous on Series X in my opinion. I'm actually surprised at how much those 4k textures impact the visuals.

0d0NvE3.jpg

pHn0YrA.jpg

Ga0cJGv.jpg

tr4GyQB.jpg

XfpFo0J.jpg

Tuiv2tV.jpg

oHbwsO0.jpg

Slight tangent. I don't think I've ever played a Battle Field game so which one would you recommend I jump into? Note, I do find it hard to go back to ancient graphics but it doesn't have to be high end, and I really want 60fps.... Should I just go with the latest?

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Battlefield 1 if you want to play Campaign. Easily the best campaign in the series. As for multiplayer, I think that's mostly down to what weaponry you want. I had a great time with Battlefield V the other night, but also loved Battlefield 1's MP. Also, if you aren't concerned about visuals, Battlefield 4 might still have the best MP.

Thanks! I find myself being kind of trigger happy with that screenshot button, so I'll keep posting more.

Apr 30, 2019
In storage settings I have an external HDD set as my capture location, but when I press the guide button and go to capture settings it shows my capture location as internal, and when I highlight where it says "internal" there is no other option to select my external HDD. Weird.

Also, when I get my it working will I be able to record longer clips than 1 min at 1080p with the record that button? Or what's the best option for me to get longer clips??

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD

I noticed the grit feeling on my sticks as well.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Is anyone getting an issue where their screen is blanking to black for a second, then coming back. It seems like an HDMI issue, but it's only happening to me on the home screen or in an app like Twitch or HBO Max, never while playing an actual game. I have a Series X and a TCL Roku TV.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Titanfall 2 should be downsampling from above 4K now, if I remember right. The upper bounds for it's dynamic res go up to 6K and I imagine Series X is getting there regularly. I'd love to see DF do a deep dive. I was playing it tonight and it looks pretty, espescially with the auto HDR, which isn't Halo 5 (or Dead Space) good, but it's very good.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Is anyone getting an issue where their screen is blanking to black for a second, then coming back. It seems like an HDMI issue, but it's only happening to me on the home screen or in an app like Twitch or HBO Max, never while playing an actual game. I have a Series X and a TCL Roku TV.
It does that when switching from regular to HDR, but not 100% sure that's what you're experiencing.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Titanfall 2 should be downsampling from above 4K now, if I remember right. The upper bounds for it's dynamic res go up to 6K and I imagine Series X is getting there regularly. I'd love to see DF do a deep dive. I was playing it tonight and it looks pretty, espescially with the auto HDR, which isn't Halo 5 (or Dead Space) good, but it's very good.

I forgot about Titanfall 2 doing that - it would definitely be a good candidate for a DF video.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Also; I have an OG Elite controller. Outside of the back buttons, the new controller is technically better right? Better battery and lower input lag correct?

The controller latency stuff is being updated on Xbox One controllers too - you just need to update them.

The new controller and OG Elite both use AA batteries, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The controller latency stuff is being updated on Xbox One controllers too - you just need to update them.

The new controller and OG Elite both use AA batteries, so I'm not sure what you mean there.
I'd thought I heard that the Series controllers had slightly better battery life. I know they both use AAs.

So for the most part with the updates the Elite controller is still better.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Here are some screens I snapped from Gears 5 as well. The game looks gorgeous on Series X in my opinion. I'm actually surprised at how much those 4k textures impact the visuals.

0d0NvE3.jpg

pHn0YrA.jpg

Ga0cJGv.jpg

tr4GyQB.jpg

XfpFo0J.jpg

Tuiv2tV.jpg

oHbwsO0.jpg

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Battlefield 1 if you want to play Campaign. Easily the best campaign in the series. As for multiplayer, I think that's mostly down to what weaponry you want. I had a great time with Battlefield V the other night, but also loved Battlefield 1's MP. Also, if you aren't concerned about visuals, Battlefield 4 might still have the best MP.

Thanks! I find myself being kind of trigger happy with that screenshot button, so I'll keep posting more.
4 real brotha that screen button is sow awsome to have keep dem coming

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019

This has been happening with my TV for like a year now and I have no idea why. Happened with One X as well.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
That's correct. Something about improving split screen, as well.

FOV will be adjustable
Cool, thanks for the info :)

I tried to play 120hz on my monitor but it doesn't support it. It can only do 60, 144 and 155 apparently. Oh well, I'll be fine until I can upgrade my TV with next year's models

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
WHY THE FUCK I CAN"T TURN OFF SYSTEM SOUNDS COMPLETELY?

It is fucking 2020 and someone still thinks this is how it should be designed.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Under display you can choose auto, dvi or hdmi. If I choose hdmi, it had a warning and when I choose it the screen turns fuzzy.

Went back to auto and crispy. What and why.

And TV sees Xbox as Cec, Xbox says turn on/off Cec, but doesn't work.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
I have been holding off on this game for so long I forgot how good the single player is suppose to be. What a great reminder of a game I forgot about, and now get to play on my new system.