• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
My wife's reaction to the Series X. 🤣

20201115-200403.jpg

Ded.

tenor.gif

Wait till she sees the PS5 lol.
Indeed

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao, good luck mate. I actually think the Series X looks great in my particular setup.... pretty understated all things considered. (which I guess was the goal)

I'm not that keen on the design of either, but I too prefer understated to Anime/Gundam lol.

That said, I plan to either paint my side panels matt black, or replace them with some matt black third party ones which should hopefully tone it down a little.

Milk Steak

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Is anyone having issues watching certain Blu-ray discs on the Series X? I'm in the UK, three different 1080i/50 Blu-rays have played for a few seconds, then frozen. The console then shuts down. I just watched a film on a 4K UHD disc however and had no issues. 50hz is enabled in the settings, and the same discs worked fine on my One X. Watching on an LG C9 if that makes a difference.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why Quick Resume can work flawlessly for days, then two times in a row coming back to a game, it just starts up from the beginning...

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
So, this is happening on my Series X whenever I run Monster Hunter on Graphics Mode, and it only happens on the title screen (at least so far). Running the game on any other mode fixes this graphical issue :\ Don't know if it's just a quirk of the game running on the X, no other game has shown any graphical problems.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Have MS made it so that you no longer own the GWG games? I know you didn't 'own' the Xbox One games, but the 360 and OG games were kept in your account forever even if your Live ran out. Now I have an Xbox OG game (Armed and Dangerous?) sitting in my GWG games and not my library of 'owned games'.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have the issue where when your friends sign on you get the notification banner but no sound?

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. 60fps mode and VRR doesn't fix the tearing in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, only when I put the console on 120fps and VRR on my LG C9.

Why tho? I thought 60fps vrr alone should fix this?
TVs have VRR range. If the C9 range goes below that range then VRR is disabled. Some TVs have incredibly short range or high minimums to the point where certain games wouldn't take advantage of various sets well.

Rtings reported the C9 to have a 40 hz minimum. Does AC Valhalla go below that?

Oct 29, 2017
So odd question. I have a regualr external HD attached to my Series X and my internal memory is also almost full. However, I want certain games on my internal and others I dont mind if their on the external.

Two of these are Borderlands 3 and Forza Horizon 4. However, my Series X is taking it upon itself not just to move them over, but to download a fresh copy on the internal. Ive deleted them once already and stopped it again. I assume this is happened due to their enhanced on the Series X but I simply dont have room for them as i want to put other stuff over. Anyway to keep this from happening but not turning off auto updates?

anapestic

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2020
Very dumb question, probably. But can you have multiple expansion drives (Seagate 1TF) and plug them in when you want to play certain games?

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
My Series X regularly loses track of my TV's HDR capability. There's something like a 25% chance that any time I turn it on, it will think the TV can't do HDR.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Very dumb question, probably. But can you have multiple expansion drives (Seagate 1TF) and plug them in when you want to play certain games?
Yeah. You can have two at once too IIRC

edit: whoops I thought you meant external drives but yeah you can swap expansion drives (obviously can't have two plugged in at once lol)

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
TVs have VRR range. If the C9 range goes below that range then VRR is disabled. Some TVs have incredibly short range or high minimums to the point where certain games wouldn't take advantage of various sets well.

Rtings reported the C9 to have a 40 hz minimum. Does AC Valhalla go below that?

Shouldn't, no. And like I said, 120fps fixes that.

Also weird, the game kinda reacts to the 120fps. All the mini videos in the skill tree run twice as fast if I have my console in 120fps.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to install portions of games? I'm only integrated in the campaigns of Gears 4, 5 and Halo 5. But the download sizes are huge and I wish I could only download the SP

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't, no. And like I said, 120fps fixes that.

Also weird, the game kinda reacts to the 120fps. All the mini videos in the skill tree run twice as fast if I have my console in 120fps.
I'm not sure what the performance configurations are but does the game run at different resolutions at different frame rates? I can see it not dipping below 40 if it's upper range can actually hold 120. That's a wide range. But if, say, 4K mode is capped at 60, it's feasible that it could dip under 40 based on increased resolution and fidelity.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
How do you log out of Microsoft Edge app? Couldn't find any option in edge setting menu? Clicking on profile name in Edge takes to system settings. I have disabled all app access but it still logs me in.

HDMI-CEC feature is not working 100%. If tv is turned off, starting console starts tv and switch to correct input. Turning off console doesn't turn off tv. So have to find TV remote and go through multiple steps because tv remote doesn't know tv was turned on. If I turn off tv using tv remote, then it turns of console as it should.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
How do you log out of Microsoft Edge app? Couldn't find any option in edge setting menu? Clicking on profile name in Edge takes to system settings. I have disabled all app access but it still logs me in.

HDMI-CEC feature is not working 100%. If tv is turned off, starting console starts tv and switch to correct input. Turning off console doesn't turn off tv. So have to find TV remote and go through multiple steps because tv remote doesn't know tv was turned on. If I turn off tv using tv remote, then it turns of console as it should.

There may be something you need to activate in your TV settings too. I have an LG and had to activate Simplink to get it working.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Has anyone had any success using an auto HDMI switcher with a Series X? I used one of these -

xolorspace.com

XOLORspace 23031 3x1 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 HDR HDMI Switcher with remote control and auto switch hdcp 2.2

23031 HDR 3x1 HDMI Switch supports 4k 60HZ 4:4:4 8bit, compliant with HDCP 2.2. Perfect compatible with PS 4 PRO, XBox One S, Roku 3, newest Samsung, Sony, Panasonic TVs, no flicker, no audio broken.Features: - HDMI 2.0b, 3D, HDCP 2.2, HEVC H.265, FullHD, UltraHD, HDR, CEC, Deep Color up to...

- with my PS4 and X1X, and it would switch automatically whenever one of them was turned on or off. Last week I replaced the X1X with a Series X, and turning it on/off doesn't trigger auto-switching at all.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
MS should outright declare they won't increase game prices this gen. Would be a huge win for them but guessing they are considering it which sucks if they haven't said anything yet.
I guess they are still having internal discussion and now they can see how the higher price effects sales and reception. I agree tho. If Microsoft prices don't increase then shout it from the roof.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was browsing the store and I see we happy few in x/s enhanced. I never played it. How is it ? What are the improvement ?

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Finally got my XSX in this morning after the Amazon delay and I've just spent that time installing stuff and moving things to the internal drive as needed. Tried out Ori 2, obviously looks gorgeous. Glad I waited on playing that. Checked out load times on FF15 and 13, had a good laugh at how much faster it is. Just waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to finish updating and I'm good to go until The Falconeer decides to show up probably tomorrow. I've got CoD, Dirt 5, AC Valhalla and Yakuza ready to start though. Basically just storing up games for the winter here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have HDR turned off. I always try to play with it with games. But everything is to much. I cant even play SoT with HDR. Because night time is almost impossible to play lol. So i have system wide my HDR turned off. Still not a believer of it.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Gears of War on the easiest difficulty... and struggling. Game is hard... or I suck.

I really do not like how much the screen shakes or the stupid crouch-walk-but-actually-sprinting movement.

Cutscenes have all been cool so far.

916dude

Nov 13, 2020
Just got my x, (and my first post btw). Wanting confirmation of the game pass ultimate, i don't currently have a Xbox live account, but signed up for regular game pass on pc.. if I buy the 3 years of live , I can convert my pc game pass to Xbox live and THEN do the game pass ultimate upgrade for $1.
Does this sound correct?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Just got my x, (and my first post btw). Wanting confirmation of the game pass ultimate, i don't currently have a Xbox live account, but signed up for regular game pass on pc.. if I buy the 3 years of live , I can convert my pc game pass to Xbox live and THEN do the game pass ultimate upgrade for $1.
Does this sound correct?
The way the upgrade works (or at least worked when I did it) is it'll add your total months left of Gold and Game Pass and give you Game Pass Ultimate for the sum of those two things up to 3 years. So if you have 12 months of Gold and 12 months of Game Pass you'll get 24 months of Ultimate for the $1. 36 months is the max though, so if you have more than 36 combined months of gold and game pass the conversion will cap your ultimate at 3 years. I did it with console game pass, but I'd assume it works with the PC version too.

Oct 12, 2020
Just finished Ori 2. A platforming tour de force....the art direction and impactful storytelling....combined with the musical score...just amazing. My deaths per hour of gameplay has probably never been higher in a game....but the experience was so special that my frustration was kept at low levels. Very glad I could complete the game on my Series X...as the visuals were definitely up a notch from the already gorgeous levels of my One X.

JFO will probably be my next game on my "to finish" list. I wonder how much of my backlog I'll even get through before I feel the need to get to AC:Valhalla...and then Cyberpunk. I'm quite ok with Xbox Game Studios not rushing to get their exclusives out before they are COMPLETELY POLISHED.

And....just loving how silent the Series X is. And apart from some Quick Resume quirkiness here and there....not a single glitch to report.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
Revisiting Destiny 2 always makes me wonder if the game had always looked like that. Not just the colors either. The game doesn't have the greatest IQ, even at 4K.

yeah... at times it looks beautiful. well lit, punchy colours. but then you go into an area which reminds you it was originally released in 2013 and is still played on last gen base consoles

i will say the good far out weighs the bad though, and the art style is still exceptional

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
My Series X regularly loses track of my TV's HDR capability. There's something like a 25% chance that any time I turn it on, it will think the TV can't do HDR.
Check to make sure the HDMI setting on your TV is not set to auto. If it is change it to 2.0 or 2.1 depending what your TV supports.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
the hdr in destiny 2 is broken, yeah?

the blacks are so black i didn't actually think a tv could go that black!

(yes i have tried every setting under the sun)

Yes it's totally broken. They even confirmed that it's not supposed to look like that but have never fixed it. It's infuriating.

There are weird workaround methods to make it better. Google them. Still not right though.

DarkMage619

Dec 1, 2017
the hdr in destiny 2 is broken, yeah?

the blacks are so black i didn't actually think a tv could go that black!

(yes i have tried every setting under the sun)
For some reason Destiny 2 looks brighter and more vibrant on PlayStation than my Xbox. There is even an additional HDR setting on PlayStation that is missing on Xbox. It might be a remnant from the exclusive deal Activision gave Sony when the game came out.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished Ori 2. A platforming tour de force....the art direction and impactful storytelling....combined with the musical score...just amazing. My deaths per hour of gameplay has probably never been higher in a game....but the experience was so special that my frustration was kept at low levels. Very glad I could complete the game on my Series X...as the visuals were definitely up a notch from the already gorgeous levels of my One X.

JFO will probably be my next game on my "to finish" list. I wonder how much of my backlog I'll even get through before I feel the need to get to AC:Valhalla...and then Cyberpunk. I'm quite ok with Xbox Game Studios not rushing to get their exclusives out before they are COMPLETELY POLISHED.

And....just loving how silent the Series X is. And apart from some Quick Resume quirkiness here and there....not a single glitch to report.
Just started Ori 2 as well and man. I never really "got" HDR but holy crap this game opened my eyes.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
Mines the opposite, so bright I cannot really play it. I turned HDR off on the Xbox UI for now. Every other game I tried looked great

yeah i've seen all the too bright pics and comments

because i now have my LG CX in PC Mode i wonder if it's eradicated the brightness and now made it too dark???

if the last 6 days has taught me anything, it's that this new world of next gen consoles, oleds, hdr settings, resolutions, frame rates, etc... has almost driven me mad!

when it all works... WOW

but when it doesn't, it's infuriating

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads-up for anyone trying the Uncap FPS mod on Skyrim. I just ran it for about 10 minutes, with the Unofficial Patch mod and the game started crashing outside of Whiterun near the giant's area. The audio made that awful repeated noise that sometimes happens when a PC locks up. I was able to just close the game as normal and won't be testing it again.