• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razilez

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal really likes to crash when using Quick Resume. or rather, it already hung up on me two times, meaning it just shows a black screen. At least the console still reacts, and I can close the game from the home screen. Anybody else experiencing this?
I've had the exact same thing happen with that game as well. Usually happens when I try to load the game back up after I've turned the console back on but yeah same black screen so I just shut it down from the menu. Annoying but it's early days with Quck Resume, just hope it gets fixed.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I haven't had any issues with games that aren't X|S optimized. Only with optimized games
It does "work" yes, but it also relies on me knowing that I can only switch a number of times before I lose progress; sometimes it's great (like I pulled up FH4 after playing 5-6 other games no problem), sometimes I switch games for a moment and doesn't kick in even if I was just playing the game moments earlier; and in general it's a bit too arbitrary. Maybe I finished playing and just saved and I don't need it to quick resume really, or maybe I really want to use it because I'm away from a save and it's a gamble if it will resume correctly

The lack of feedback on closing games or opening games is pretty annoying. Let me know if I hit the max amount of savestates, or if it worked (maybe a "save to quick resume" function in the Guide with a little animation that tells me it's done). Failing in the background isn't nice

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The unreliable Quick Resume doesn't make me want to take advantage of it... I don't know if a game has used it or not; if I can't trust it to hold my progress I might as well just save and close the game
Pretty much where I am with it. It's a nice bonus when it works but I have no control over it and don't rely on it. I hope there's some UX improvements soon-ish because it's a great feature.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The unreliable Quick Resume doesn't make me want to take advantage of it... I don't know if a game has used it or not; if I can't trust it to hold my progress I might as well just save and close the game

Yep. Add that to the fact that Yakuza has it, but it breaks the game every time, and it's been annoying more often than it's been beneficial. Big shame.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It pretty much consistently messes up with Yakuza Like a Dragon for me, hence I'm not bothering to use it.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I had a holy shit moment the other night when I went back to playing Valhalla after playing some Tetris, Horizon and watching some Netflix and it quick resumed right back into where I was. I kinda forgot about QR and it kinda of caught be by surprise when I was just at my character standing there in world where I left her after a few seconds LOL.

Unfortunately since then it seems they turned off QR for AC:V since it didn't work for me at all yesterday.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Does the stat tracker for games on XSX not work? I only tried on a couple of games and it always says there are no stats. I thought that is where you go to see interesting stats like how many hours you have put in a game
Huh, I noticed this hasn't been working for me on Jedi, which I only just started playing this week. Maybe it's a bug?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Do you have a disc inside? Mine doesn't make a sound at all.

Also, I thought there was some kind of upgrade for Jedi Fallen Order? I fired it up for a few minutes and didn't see anything different 🤔
I thought that was more of a tech demo and wasn't really a thing yet. Although you may want to check the mods, someone made a mod for Skyrim to allow 60fps, there might be one for Fallout 4 too.
Install the Unlock FPS mod. I think a proper enhancement will still come but that mod works too.

That mod worked! Thanks for the heads up.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone been able to get remote play to work? When I go to the app and try to connect with the console I just get stuck on a screen in the app saying to turn on and sign in on the xbox, which is turned on and signed in. I've tried in the regular and beta apps, same thing in both

Edit: Nevermind, got it working. I went to the library tab, then consoles and my series X showed up in there with the option to remote play

Last edited:

DogNut327

Aug 10, 2020
Can someone please check it for me?

I just finished the game a couple nights ago on my Series S. I did notice a pretty rough moment in Act 4 but I can't recall where exactly. You're traversing through a ruined building and there's a moment where you have to climb 2 or 3 sets of stairs I think. That's the only time I experienced such a thing, but it didn't happen during any shoot bang parts so it wasn't a big deal.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
If you could pick one xbox one game to get the full 4k/60 fps treatment, which would it be.

the correct answer is SUNSET OVERDRIVE

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I just finished the game a couple nights ago on my Series S. I did notice a pretty rough moment in Act 4 but I can't recall where exactly. You're traversing through a ruined building and there's a moment where you have to climb 2 or 3 sets of stairs I think. That's the only time I experienced such a thing, but it didn't happen during any shoot bang parts so it wasn't a big deal.
Ah ok. Thank you ver much.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone can recommend a good wireless

It's not recommended? I've been keeping mine on standby since the moment I got it? :O

What can can happen if you keep it in standby?

There were people having issues (can't remember, if it was mostly soft bricks, or also quite a few hard bricks) and people on here have advised not to leave your console as "instant on" or standby, but to do full power shut down.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I think my flickering problem on my series x/cx is tied to the external drives I'm using. When I try to play games on an external hdd or external ssd it flickers a ton or will simply sit on a black screen. Lame

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Interesting. 60fps mode and VRR doesn't fix the tearing in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, only when I put the console on 120fps and VRR on my LG C9.

Why tho? I thought 60fps vrr alone should fix this?

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
OscarK thanks for making yourself and the team available for feedback. Here are a few things that would be a big impact for me and my family. (and likely extend to a much greater audience)

1) Quick Resume

• As a previous poster mentioned. Being able "lock" games into QR would be awesome.

2) Family Sharing/Family Settings (These are big deal for me)
  • Prevent child accounts from viewing any games/apps on the system/store that are above approved age level. (Or that haven't been whitelisted by a parent)
    • Currently, if my kids go into "My Games & Apps" they see all games on the system, including T/M rated. Same for the store. (Although the feature to prevent video playback of games above their age level was recently added)
  • "Family Share" for Digital Games. My household is likely to become a 3+ Xbox household within the next few years. (With 2 of the systems likely to be XSS)
    • As I purchase all games on my account, I would love my kids to be able to access those games on their consoles.
    • Understanding that 3 peoples shouldn't have the ability to play 1 license of the game at the same time. I am looking for more of a library system. (Check-in/check-out) Allowing one kid to play Minecraft on their system, the other playing lego on theirs, while I play Halo on mine. Basically, the same flexibility if I bought the games physically.
    • I know people will try to find a way to exploit. I recommend limiting "Family Share" to systems on the same LAN, Accounts linked within the family app, Systems registered under a single MS account, and a max of 4 consoles
    • As this system wouldn't work for everyone, it should be "Opt-in", as the existing system is likely better for single or double console households
    • .....Yes I understand a lot of this was in the original XBO reveal.

Thanks again, and happy to provide any additional info for the asks above.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
There were people having issues (can't remember, if it was mostly soft bricks, or also quite a few hard bricks) and people on here have advised not to leave your console as "instant on" or standby, but to do full power shut down.

That's supposedly happening on PS5 not the xbox

My fan is constantly running in standby though which is kind of annoying so I might disable it.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Bright Memory is really sick, great deal foe $8. Also is quick resume not working on asscreed for anyone else? It rarely actually works for me

EDIT: looks like I'm not alone haha

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Wow looks like the quick resume but for Valhalla is a common thing.

I'm still impressed by the console, found it ugly af at first but when unpacking, you see it's a well build console and you know the team behind the One X made this. And wow 60 hours of gaming since launch and the beast never have been loud nor hot. I love this thing (well except for the quick resume which reminds me of the Xbox One OG bugs)

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I was playing Gears Tactics on Serious X then switched to Amazon Prime video then back to Gears Tactics and the game started from scratch and I lost some progress. What's wrong? Where is the quick resume feature. My Xbone X handled that better.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit

Dead or Alive 6 is finally 60fps at 4k!

It's probably the best looking fighting game on all platforms. Hot damn.

Too bad Tecmo ended support. Could have at least unlocked the characters for everyone.

6054da89-576e-4989-8783-2bfa30f65bcf.png

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018
Been playing the series s all day yesterday and while the black circle on top is a little hot to the touch, the thing runs VERY quiet. Impressive.

Also I've already filled up the internal storage. Only holds like 5-6 games. Had to rig an external ssd (leftover crucial p1 + m2 sata enclosure) to store the rest of my library. As soon as they release an official storage card that isn't $200 im on it

Other than that, it's disappointing that most of my games are playing at the one s version which is pretty muddy 900p/1080 30fps no AA garbage. I hope devs will patch their titles as time goes on to at lease give XSS 1440 and 60fps as per Microsofts intended use case

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Just received my console. I already love it (except from the clicky d-pad on the controller). I skipped the Xbox One so I have a lot of catching up to do!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My wife's reaction to the Series X. 🤣

20201115-200403.jpg

Ded.

tenor.gif

Wait till she sees the PS5 lol.