• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 10, 2018
Not sure what i am missing here. My xbox series x will not download when I power it down. I have the settings set accordingly. I just must be missing something.
My Xbox One X has been like that for nearly a year and a half. Have no idea why. Had the console since it launched. My brother's Xbox One X has no such issue. It just will not download games or updates in the background while in standby.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
One X had a downpatch to keep it more to 60, so I think that ended up being 1800p, not full 4k. With no Series X updated, I am guessing its just runs locked 60@1800. I am sure some footage is out there already.

I'm actually planning a full playthrough on Series X pretty soon, I'll try to drop a reply if I notice anything outside of expectations.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, so would I do that through my Xbox email or something, or the Xbox site?

There's threads on it on here but basically Microsoft no longer offer 12 month passes through their ecosystem as they're trying to push Game Pass. So you'd need to buy the 12 month redeemable codes from cdkeys/Amazon etc.

Some people have even used South American codes to make it cheaper but some ran into errors with a currency mismatch.

So you can stack up to a max 36 months of Gold to convert. You add the codes at redeem.microsoft.com - If you are doing 36 months you MUST make sure to uncheck the extra month automatic payment box for each code or you'd end up with 37 or 38 or 39 months. If that happened you'd then have to wait 1 or 2 or 3 months and hope the convert Gold to Game Pass for $1/£1 promotion is still active. Obviously if you only wanted 24 months, you could leave the boxes ticked to get 26 months.

Then you go to the Game Pass promotion page and get the deal to convert to the same period as your Gold is for. Simple as that. If you have ever previously had Game Pass on trial I think it will charge you a one off 1 month ultimate fee instead of $1/£1.

I did this with 3 EU Gold codes from cdkeys and now I have Game Pass Unlimited until November 2023!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...forza horizon 4 on series x is the best racing game ever made, it feels and looks so fucking good. Ive already put 150 hours into this game running at 30fps, it feels like a new game

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone try putting 30 bits per pixel on their XSX? Screen starts blinking on my CX. Wonder if it's because I have freesync on.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Why does Amazon's tracking have out for delivery and arriving today in two seperate columns? They should be the same thing!. Dammit all

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Can you use USB hubs on the console? I'm already using 2 ports with portable drives and I'll likely be getting a wireless headset that will use the third, so a hub might be a good idea if they work.

Nov 19, 2017
Another person for the "my Xbox will not continue downloads when powered down." I have all the settings right, it just stops. I hear the fan blowing while it's off too.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
it's you

20201111_190040.jpg
If you open Game Pass and go to the very bottom and select browse all games A-Z you should see it fine

well damn. I actually did that and for some reason, it skipped from all of the Gears games to Goat Simulator without Gears Tactics in between. I'll try to show how it looks for me when I get home.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
Wouldn't it not work for games that are connecting to online sessions like Horizons? Maybe I'm misunderstanding

I don't see why that should be the case. FH4 quite happily resumed from suspend on XB1 then reconnected online as you drove around. On XSX it restarts every time. Gears 5 campaign also doesn't quick resume. Starwars Squadrons campaign doesn't resume. I don't think Tetris did either but ibkght be wrong. Witcher 3 consistently worked.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I switched the Xbox to Energy-saving and unplugged it before bed. Just turned it back on and quick resume kicked in on my State of Decay 2 session. This shit is wild.

Quick resume didn't keep overnight on Valhalla though, but it was working yesterday between sessions.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Last night I switched the Xbox to Energy-saving and unplugged it before bed. Just turned it back on and quick resume kicked in on my State of Decay 2 session. This shit is wild.

Quick resume didn't keep overnight on Valhalla though, but it was working yesterday between sessions.
Wouldn't unplugging the console kill quick resume?

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
well damn. I actually did that and for some reason, it skipped from all of the Gears games to Goat Simulator without Gears Tactics in between. I'll try to show how it looks for me when I get home.

I have an update on this: there's are apparently a lot of games I can't see for some reason. For example, I know for a fact that Forza 7 is on GP, but I don't see it at all on my XSX or my Xbox phone app. When I go to the listing through a web browser, it keeps referencing the PC version:

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
How do I start a new game in Forza Horizon 4? Every time I delete saves and start up the game, it syncs with Live and loads my save anyway.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Mentioned it earlier but have there been other instances in this thread of people's X's just not turning on? Don't even get a power ding.

Worked fine last night.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I need a crash course for that HDR stuff lol

My TV supports HDR (X900H) and if I turn the HDR on in the menu of the console everything becomes super dark and I can't see a thing. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Well I changed the settings within the Xbox from 120hz to 60hz, and now I can play games again. I had it set to 120hz and I was able to play games before, now I just get a black screen with the Instant game prompt and hdr prompt. But for whatever reason setting it to 60hz everything seems to be working. I'm on a Series X playing on a CX btw.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Windows Sonic is free and works in the same way. With the same games, maybe give that a go.

There is also DTS-X; which I personally prefer the
Sound over over Dolby.
Dolby Atmos upmixing treats all the ceiling speakers as "Top Left" and "Top Right." DTS:X upmixing, on the other hand, does treat each ceiling speaker discretely. It's why I prefer DTS:X, as well. It's unfortunate I can't get DTS:X to passthrough my LG C9, though, since the Xbox now has the capability to output it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I need a crash course for that HDR stuff lol

My TV supports HDR (X900H) and if I turn the HDR on in the menu of the console everything becomes super dark and I can't see a thing. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
Try doing that and then using the HDR calibrate app in the Xbox.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone (or anyone's kids?) play TABS? That shit screams now

same with TrailMakers!

Oct 19, 2018
been playing 30 mins... still overcast!!!

fuck this, start up again on friday
Do you just want to drive around the open world and have it look nice, or would you be ok with it just being nice during races? You can adjust blueprints for races to be during whatever season/daylight/weather if you want to see something specific. If you want to see as much of the world as possible, try adjusting one of the larger races.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Just got mine hooked up. Got 2 years of game pass. And playing on my new projector at 105 inches. This shit is CRAZYYYY. Loving it so far. Madden 20 was the first game I checked out. Anyone know how to tell if something is in 4k or not? Does it have to be optimized for series X to be 4k or is that something different?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
How do I delete Forza from my cloud saves? I wanna start a new game and it keeps downloading even after I delete them on my Xbox... super frustrating

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Just got it on my end! First impression is very strong. What a beautiful, premium looking box in person. Hooking it up and set up was a real breeze and the update was QUICK. Such a nice change of pace from the XB1.

Also, the controller feel is very subtly different, but also quite noticeable to me. The slightly smaller form factor feels better to my hands, and the texture is NICE.

monosev

May 31, 2020
So I'm experiencing a weird issue in watch dogs as well as gears 5. I'm seeing white square artifacts during gameplay not during cinematics, dashboard, etc. Tv is lg cx, any thoughts on this? Current assumption is the provided hdmi cable is defective or the gpu is defective. https://ibb.co/FgMYQQg

Last edited: