• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
oh man, how sweet

what's the itinerary
I'm done calibrating and still transferring everything to the new console. Will of the Wisps will be the first thing I try, along with Killer Instinct just to see how it looks on this screen. I have a backlog of games that I've held off to play until now, such as Hitman 2 and Control. I didn't buy any games at launch because I have so much from the past year that I want to finally play on this thing.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the little media remote that came with the Xbox One, the volume buttons do nothing on the Series X. I've turned on the HDMI-CEC Settings but I can't get the volume to budge no matter what. Anyone have any advice?

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
My Series X won't play discs when vertical. Spent 30 minutes trying to get it to play two different games from disc while vertical. Every time the installation would fail and it would ask of the disc was damaged. Both games are brand new with no marks of any kind.

Flipped it over to horizontal and it started working perfectly. Ugh.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone elses Xbox Series X simply show as a standard "Xbox One" under your owned Devices on the Microsoft Account settings on the Microsoft website?

I'm currently planning on wiping my Xbox One X and removing it from my devices in preparation to sell it. I just found it an odd observation that my Series X isn't listed as an actual Series X on the device list in my Microsoft account.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla for a few hours, then tried The Falconeer for another hour, then gave Tetris Effect a go for another. Decided to hop back into Assassin's Creed... Then to The Falconeer. All with the quickest and just soaking it all in.

That Quick Resume is the real next-gen feature right there. Make no mistake. Can't play any other way now.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Can Xbox 360 games not be streamed to iOS using the Xbox app? All games I have tried so far just says they can't launch while streaming. Network connectivity also seems poor on my 2019 iPad Air but totally fine on my iPhone 11 Pro.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
I've mentioned it on here and on other forums but I HIGHLY recommend using the "Network Transfer" feature to move over your data. It's a serious time saver.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I've tested mine (close to 16 hours now) and I can barely feel any heat coming out, still silent too game discs, anime blu rays, BC games..

Sad to hear some have problems, but mine is perfect from what I can tell.

(set up took like 10 minutes on a 5mb internet)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
7:23PM and I still haven't received it. Definitely don't think it's coming today...

PNq5OEb.png

Oct 25, 2017
So you can plug in more than two USB drives. Neat. I wonder if I can have 3 USB drives + the expansion card plugged in at the same time.

Oct 28, 2017
Random issue that I wanted to throw out there and see if anyone else was having with their Series X.

I did a clean install of Mortal Kombat 11 and all the DLC I owned. For whatever reason some of it isn't showing up even though its "installed". And it seems entirely scattershot. So from KP1, Spawn shows up, but Joker, Nightwolf, etc all say "Press A to Purchase" on the character select screen.

Same with cosmetic. My klassic ninja pack doesn't populate in my wardrobe, but the day of the dead Liu Kang from another costume pack does...weird.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Love how fast this thing is. Set up took no time at all, and the few games that I'm transferring from my hard drives back to the internal drive is insanely fast. Auto HDR on some older games I tried while transferring stuff looks incredible.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla for a few hours, then tried The Falconeer for another hour, then gave Tetris Effect a go for another. Decided to hop back into Assassin's Creed... Then to The Falconeer. All with the quickest and just soaking it all in.

That Quick Resume is the real next-gen feature right there. Make no mistake. Can't play any other way now.
I don't think Quick Resume works for Gears 5. I was playing Gears and then switched to Ori which was good. Then tried to go back to gears and nope.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Overall, after a couple hours...

I'm happy, but also underwhelmed. I guess I'm whelmed. Tetris Effect saves the day.

EnVy_CaLiBeR

Oct 25, 2017
Been mainly waiting on downloads but played some Gears 5. New controller feels amazing in hand. Very familiar, but I'm definitely feeling the D-Pad, bumpers, triggers, and the more aggressive texturing on the back of the controller. Just melts in my hand.

The OS is just buttery smooth now in comparison to how it was on the One X. So far, this console is amazing to me.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
My Series X won't play discs when vertical. Spent 30 minutes trying to get it to play two different games from disc while vertical. Every time the installation would fail and it would ask of the disc was damaged. Both games are brand new with no marks of any kind.

Flipped it over to horizontal and it started working perfectly. Ugh.

So we got ourselves a PlayStation 1 era console flip workaround already huh. Damn.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Queue still takes a shit when you use standby. It won't download on Standby or restart the download when returning to the game. Weird behaviour. I have to do something like starting a game or move around so it starts to download. I blame servers

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
Spent all day trying to download games/'upgrades' and transfer games from my old external HDD at excruciatingly slow speeds. Thankfully I've got AC Valhalla and Yakuza Like A Dragon up and running so I can now just leave the rest to download/move in the background now. AC has blown me away, especially visually. So glad they nailed the 60fps target.

But just navigating around the Xbox UI is so much faster now, and Quick Resume means I don't have to worry about accidentally opening up a game and losing progress etc. I love the design of the console, love the new controller. Super happy with it. Just wish that Destiny 2 patch was coming sooner.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Playing borderlands 3 60fps at 4k is awsome, series x is a beast jedi fallen order is good too
Can I expect Fallen Order to be the exact same experience as on an Xbox One if I play it on my Series S?

Not that it'd prevent me from playing it, my PC had a bit of a hard time with it so it's an upgrade anyway :P

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This thing is a engineering marvel....it is whisper quiet and doesn't get hot.

Used mine for 6 hours non stop and i am impressed.

Can't wait for cyberpunk next month

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Can I expect Fallen Order to be the exact same experience as on an Xbox One if I play it on my Series S?

Not that it'd prevent me from playing it, my PC had a bit of a hard time with it so it's an upgrade anyway :P
Im getting my series s tomorow but jedi fallen order on the series x 60fps is awsome

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Overall, after a couple hours...

I'm happy, but also underwhelmed. I guess I'm whelmed. Tetris Effect saves the day.
I wouldn't put it so bleakly, personally, but I sorta get the notion. Between coming off a One X, no big next gen game. Slow as goddamn molasses download speeds, and just sorta cherry-picking small things to dip my toes into... it hasn't had that "oh shit!" Factor.
Ori at 120 feels smooth but I'm not sure I can tell between that and 60. Sea of Thieves looks and runs better but isnt night and day whoa... gears is still downloading... I bought Fuser for my kid which is super fun but is very not next gen...
It's just kinda like... (so far) "heh... cool!"

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
in order for the Queue to resume I had to open Yakuza.

Hopefuly this is a software bug.

btw, Yakuza does not support quick resume right?

VamosTigres

Jun 11, 2020
It wouldn't surprise me if it's deliberate, or something they can adjust to maximize battery or something.
I think it used to (not positive) rumble the controller itself, now it does just the triggers—I think it's not as noticeable as you aren't really touching the triggers much when you shift your hands to hit the button

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Do you have a normal Xbox one or a One X? If it's a normal Xbox One it'll run better for sure on Series S

Oct 27, 2017
i went to a direct connection instead of wifi, and things immeasurably improved

what's everyone's general feeling of today? i'm having a blast. this thing is fucking fast.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Anyone else have issues with the console cold booting? I've had the system crash a few times now. Once on my very first time where it just went to a black screen after showing the boot up logo and then the same thing two or three times when I've restarted or booted from cold. Everything else seems fine ...

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know which ports to open to fix a moderate NAT? I upgraded my home network over the last few months and forgot to mark down my Xbox settings