• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So is anyone having any audio issues? I'm seeing it with Valhalla. Audio dialogue isn't present some of the time. Some people say switch the audio to 5.1 channel if you're on surround. It seems to happen more so if you do quick resume. I did that going into Battlefield V and that also didn't give me any dialogue audio.

Edit: Nevermind. Needs to be at Bitstream out. No wonder.

Thanks for the tip. I was running into this issue with watchdogs legion. Will try this later and see if it helps.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Had the same experience with DOOM Eternal, I saw installing "Battlemode" and "Campaign", but the Battlemode ended up being 54Go while the Campaign was a 10mo patch.

But I think that's because they didn't push the Next Gen update yet for DOOM Eternal, so it doesn't handle the Smart Delivery correctly. I'm confident once their patch is up, today or later this week, the two mode will be correctly separated and we will able to install one or the other, and so split the size of the game accordingly.

I had this issue when Doom Eternal launched so it's not a Series X issue. It was really weird. It would sort of download that weird 10mb version but I couldn't launch it for ages. Randomly it just fixed itself later by downloading the campaign properly.

I always thought I messed up the campaign size when I cancelled the install or something.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a terrible launch so far. Wow.
Man. I'm sorry to hear that. This is giving me really bad vibes :(

yeah :-/ I'm not sure what happened, first there was this odd heated plastic smell coming from the exhaust & then it shut off randomly but it would power back on (I waited a good 10 minutes just in case to be safe) but then it shut down suddenly again & now it's just fully dead

weirder still is the serial number registers as an Xbox One on my Microsoft Devices page so I'm a bit afraid to just start a RMA without talking to support first

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not to be a smart ass but if you are having all the issues I have been with the Series X then yes, you want to keep it if you want to play some games! lol. Sad that I have more game time on my One X today than my Series X and today is my only day off for this week too.
No issues. What issues are you having?

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I highly recommend trying The Division on Series X. Between the auto HDR and the 16x anisotropic filtering It looks great. Almost like a new game.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody who has an OLED or high quality HDR 4K TV the game you want to to show it off is Ori and the Will of the Wisp. This the the most incredible looking game I've ever seen on an OLED.
I've been playing it all night. 4K and 120hz. It is butter smooth and amazing.
I'm about to try this out on my new CX. I've been waiting to play this game until the Series X was released. Can't wait for my games to finish transferring from my One X so that I can finally play this at 4K/120 FPS.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, I feel for everyone having issues with their launch console. Last gen launches were pretty smooth I feel and given the glowing previews this time around I expected the same.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
yeah :-/ I'm not sure what happened, first there was this odd heated plastic smell coming from the exhaust & then it shut off randomly but it would power back on (I waited a good 10 minutes just in case to be safe) but then it shut down suddenly again & now it's just fully dead

weirder still is the serial number registers as an Xbox One on my Microsoft Devices page so I'm a bit afraid to just start a RMA without talking to support first

Mine also seems to be labeled as a "Xbox" and has an Xbox One model. Its a little odd but im sure just an oversight.

Sucks that yours died. Definitely contact the retail store you purchased it from for a refund, or RMA it.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Is Dirt 5 worth full price? I want a next gen-ish arcadey racer with local multi, it seems to be exactly that.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
hae3946.jpg

tenor.gif

Another LG CX 55 owner. Nice!

Using the settings from this thread will help a great deal to get your new TV properly setup. I definitely helped me when I got mine. I hope you enjoy!

www.resetera.com

LG 2017-2023 OLEDs - Optimized Settings for Xbox One/Series X|S, PS4/PS5, Switch, PC and webOS/Movies (SDR, HDR, DV) Sony - Microsoft - Tech

Hello everyone, I would like to share my FINAL set of Optimized Settings for all LG OLEDs from 2017 to 2023 Series for both SDR / HDR / DOLBY VISION Movies & TV Shows + Xbox One/Series X|S , PC, PS4/PS5 and Switch gaming with the best PQ and lowest Input-Lag results possible (from 4ms to 21ms...

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mine also seems to be labeled as a "Xbox" and has an Xbox One model. Its a little odd but im sure just an oversight.

Sucks that yours died. Definitely contact the retail store you purchased it from for a refund, or RMA it.

I bought it from Microsoft Store so my options appear to be return it or RMA it & since I paid with gift cards I'd rather just get a replacement that works

I just don't want them to replace it with an Xbox One X-P

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Another LG CX 55 owner. Nice!

Using the settings from this thread will help a great deal to get your new TV properly setup. I definitely helped me when I got mine. I hope you enjoy!

www.resetera.com

LG 2017-2023 OLEDs - Optimized Settings for Xbox One/Series X|S, PS4/PS5, Switch, PC and webOS/Movies (SDR, HDR, DV) Sony - Microsoft - Tech

Hello everyone, I would like to share my FINAL set of Optimized Settings for all LG OLEDs from 2017 to 2023 Series for both SDR / HDR / DOLBY VISION Movies & TV Shows + Xbox One/Series X|S , PC, PS4/PS5 and Switch gaming with the best PQ and lowest Input-Lag results possible (from 4ms to 21ms...

The first thing I did was go to that thread 😁 This thing looks and sounds amazing!

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm about to try this out on my new CX. I've been waiting to play this game until the Series X was released. Can't wait for my games to finish transferring from my One X so that I can finally play this at 4K/120 FPS.
That's what I have: an LG CX. Ori on it is the most amazing looking damn thing I have ever seen.
Don't forget to go into the settings on the TV and turn on the AMD freesync 120hz mode.
This maybe the only game that supports it currently on the Series X but it looks unbelievable.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Got mine earlier today, got it setup and copied over my few games from my one s and then reset that box. It's going to GameStop tomorrow for some credit towards an expansion card.
Downloaded AC Valhalla and been playing it all night. So far I'm loving every aspect of this console.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Anyone else's controller keep disconnecting from the console?

cool, the button in front of the console to connect controllers doesn't do anything. I've tried connecting both controllers and nothing happens

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
No issues. What issues are you having?
UI locking up. Games not grabbing the updates. At times things get really laggy (UI) and then if you try to look at what is on the SSD it just spins like it is searching. Just a lot of little issues that are adding up and just making it frustrating. Seems like others are having issues as well, but the majority seem to be fine. I just hope it is not my unit that is the cause because getting another one is most likely going to be impossible.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
UI locking up. Games not grabbing the updates. At times things get really laggy (UI) and then if you try to look at what is on the SSD it just spins like it is searching. Just a lot of little issues that are adding up and just making it frustrating. Seems like others are having issues as well, but the majority seem to be fine. I just hope it is not my unit that is the cause because getting another one is most likely going to be impossible.

Been having this issue too but it's gotten better. I think it's due to it connecting to slowed down Xbox servers thanks to everyone turning on their brand new consoles all at once and downloading/updating simultaneously

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So you can choose what you want to install on Cold War, has anybody seen if that's a CoD only thing? Or has it been working for any other game Era has downloaded onto their X?

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Just got mine abit ago thanks to FedEx delivering to the wrong house... thankfully neighbor brought it over when they got home.

Playing some PSO2, runs waaaaay better, amd auto HDR making shit look amazing, going to be one of the best new features.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Why the hell is system-to-system transfer so slow? Somehow downloading from XBL is upwards of 2-4 times faster. Both consoles are unobstructed and able to reach much higher download speeds. Shouldn't I be far closer to the *router's* maximum transfer speed, rather than well below my ISP's? 25Mbps is insane.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
So am I only one that feels like the stick grind the rings more?
Something feels off about the sticks to me (was playing a lot of ps4 recently and that feels better/smoother) And something feels off about the triggers with OG xbox titles but not sure if it's able to be fixed. Like a dead zone issue...

I really loved my OG xbox and 360 launches but this one has way too many issues from those above, lack of stand out exclusives and the UI

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Can we somehow disable the new button on the controller? I've taken like 6 screenshots already that I don't want to.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sketchy feeling worth this controller.

Rumble felt weak.
Of I hold down the orb, I get a tick sound but no oomph.

Yeah, it's way weaker.

For some reason not all the Game Pass games are showing up under the Game Pass tab on my Series X, though they do on the Xbox One S. I had to search for Gears Tactics in the store, and none of the EA Play stuff is in the Game Pass section.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Yeah, it's way weaker.

For some reason not all the Game Pass games are showing up under the Game Pass tab on my Series X, though they do on the Xbox One S. I had to search for Gears Tactics in the store, and none of the EA Play stuff is in the Game Pass section.
Is there no way to search for games by system either? I thought there was but not here.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Been having this issue too but it's gotten better. I think it's due to it connecting to slowed down Xbox servers thanks to everyone turning on their brand new consoles all at once and downloading/updating simultaneously
I hope that is the case. Because trying Sea of Thieves it looks so incredible and smooth. Planet Coaster looks incredible and those 2 tracks in Dirt 5 really blew me away and those 2 tracks I played on my One X a few days ago and to me it is a huge difference.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed that at least on my display, when I disable the 4K option in the display settings, even if HDR/HDR10 is still "checked," games act as though it isn't supported.

Anyone run into something similar (and/or was this always the case)?