• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Hey thanks for your help and time...I'm an idiot lol. I'm using the Series X on an HDMI port that I hadn't used yet on this TV. Once I realized this and switched this port to game mode, my problem was fixed. Thanks again.

I fired up Ori and the Will of the Wisps as my first Xbox game in quite some time...wow I am just blown away. The art style and gameplay is just amazing.

Ah. NP. I played it for about 1.5hrs at 4k120 with no issues!

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
Yesterday after work I gave my kids the new Series S. At first, they weren't sure about how much better it was, because it didn't seem much different to them. That's until I transferred over their favorite games from the One S, and they got to experience first-hand how much faster the Series S can load up their games, and how much faster it is to Quick Resume and switch games. Now they freaking love it. The difference is so noticeable that when they tried the One S again, they reckon it now feels a lot slower than it used to before.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
So while I am liking the console I have experienced a number of technical and UI issues in the past 24 hours.
No signal error due to 4k120fpsVRR.
Graphical glitches and stuttering sound with 120Hz mode active.
Downloads randomly throttling to 500kbps.
System hangs forever when trying to reset the console.
When you have many downloads queued and you select install now for a specific game, it often doesn't do this and reorganises the queue but without the desired game prioritised.
Poor communication about what titles are downloaded /playable, downloading or queued from the home screen if titles are grouped, further to this the console lumps all games together whether they are downloaded or not.
The Outer Worlds doesn't appear to work with quick resume as I've lost progress on it every time I have gone to resume play.

I'm not sure if the issues I have experienced are common but I am hopeful that these problems will be fixed with firmware updates.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Same, I still have mines boxed actually, ill probably get gamepass.
I have Game Pass. I am really only into AAA games, and pretty much all the games I want to play, I already have played them at their launches. Also, with a constantly upgraded highend PC, makes even slimmer pickings when I can play it on the superior version there.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Downloads seem to throttle pretty hard when launching any game or application, goes from 200mbits (my download speed) to around 20mbit.

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like there's grip tape on the back of the controller. I like it. During my 3 hour session I don't think I had to take my hands off of the sticks to wipe the sweat off my palms.

Also I'm saying it again...Xbox finally has a standard controller with an awesome dpad. Love the clicks!
I can live with the rougher back I don't like the smaller triggers though, I always liked the big triggers of Xbox controllers

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
also, I thought tetris was a game pass game at launch? is it not?? :( :(

Yep, it is, at least, it is supposed to, all my friends with GamePass are actually playing it, Tetris Effect: Connected.

Sorry guys, but asking ^ again. It seems like the system loses my internet connection sometime after I put it to sleep, rendering background downloads moot. It also goes through a signing in screen when firing the console up again that I assume is related to this. Not sure if it's the system or my network.

Had the same issue, so I just launched my download and set up my console to go to sleeping mode after 3 hours of inactivity so it could go on but not staying on all night. Maybe it's a software issue they are going to fix asap, until I just did that work around. Guess it's not really helping, but that's how I did. ^^'

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Quick resume is a game changer. Just rebooted my console to change some settings and it came right back up and quick resumed Dead Cells and was right back to where I was (and it is the best run I've ever done so far). So good.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Had the same issue, so I just launched my download and set up my console to go to sleeping mode after 3 hours of inactivity so it could go on but not staying on all night. Maybe it's a software issue they are going to fix asap, until I just did that work around. Guess it's not really helping, but that's how I did. ^^'

Dang, how annoying. Well, thanks for at least confirming it's not just me.

Cronosblade

Oct 27, 2017
Ok having two issues so far. Can someone check these please?

1)borderlands 3 - blinking lights and glitches everywhere. Character select goes all white.Weird color boxes all over screen.

2) PvZ neighborville - split screen causes 1st player to get weird colored artifacts that block view until you love or turn from area.

i will try to get pics of both but makes me worried about the console. But I also played dmc 5 and a few other games have not had this same issue.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Okay, seeing Halo 1 again in 4K HDR, switching seamlessly to a round of Peggle and back to Halo is unreal. The load times here are just bonkers. This feels like the step up in hardware I was hoping when the last round of consoles came out. This is amazing, welcome, next gen!

Oct 12, 2020
Mine is behind my TV....

Yup, that's where I put mine. Tons of room to breath....and it's dark finish sort of disappears into the black of the rear of the TV. I only see the console when I walk past the TV towards the gaming position on the couch...and it looks so (silently) menacing back there.

Early impressions: I love this thing so far. Just about to spool up Forza Horizon 4....it's just adding the patch....

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Guess so, but I don't know.

It'll cap your download to like 30Mb/s if you have a game open so that it's not affecting online games. It's not clever enough to tell if you're actually playing online or not so just caps it if a game is running.
Oh, so that's why I've been capped at 30MB? All my games were downloading fast and then they weren't. I guess it's because I started playing stuff. I need to go test this.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have Dirt 5 already installed on your Series X? If you do, can you please tell me how big the file size is for the game? I am having a ton of issues and I think I may found the issue...but need to confirm the file size. On MS's store is says the game should be about 71gb but on my Series X install it is only 47gb or so. Thank you to any that can help.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
um... im not seeing much of an upgrade.. I dunno just expected a lot more with the new xbox i guess.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have Dirt 5 already installed on your Series X? If you do, can you please tell me how big the file size is for the game? I am having a ton of issues and I think I may found the issue...but need to confirm the file size. On MS's store is says the game should be about 71gb but on my Series X install it is only 47gb or so. Thank you to any that can help.

72.5gb

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
ok EA play games still don't let me play them any help?

I go to the gamepass app, and they are all in there. I click one and all I says is show in Microsoft store. I go there and it only lets me either buy them or buy EA Play. Any help?

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
No one is talking about the rumble. It feels soooo much nicer.

The Series controllers feel much nicer than the Xbox Ones although on the surface they are essentially the same. The smaller, more compact form factor, the buttons feel tighter, the awesome new D-pad, fantastic triggers and new bumpers, last the textured grip everywhere.

I like this controller better than the mighty DualSense from a UX/Comfort and refinement standpoint.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Tetris is a fucking acid trip. Local score attack with my wife is an absolute trip. Got to speed 14 before I literally couldn't keep up anymore. Incredible visuals and blasting the audio through my surround is immersive as shit.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Is anyone else's Series X making a humming vibration wave sound? I don't know how to explain it better than that but it is bothering me quite a bit. I have no games or apps running and the fans aren't making any noise but this strange vibrating noise is loud enough to be annoying in the small room I have it in.

Okada

Nov 8, 2017

I'm having this same issue, do you think you know what might solve it?

Firthy

Nov 19, 2017
UK
Enjoying the console so far, but I just don't feel like I've taken a generational leap.
Granted, I've only played Bright Memory, Destiny 2 and Fortnite so far. Has anyone else played Fortnite yet? It's optimised for Series X but doesn't look any different to how it did on my PS4 Pro really.

How do I activate quick resume?

Have you had your 'next gen experience' yet? What

thanks!

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, confirmed. I was download at 30Mb and as soon as I quit whatever the current game was it jumped to 360Mb. I wish I'd known that earlier, I've been waiting hours for Forza Horizon 4 to download lol

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused about partial installs. I went to game pass, got the DOOM Eternal campaign, installed it,
but it doesn't appear in my games section. Searching for it in the store confirmed that I have the campaign installed.

Do I have to install Battlemode? If so, they need to fix the verbiage ASAP.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I keep looking over at my Series X forgetting how damn THICC it is. It's next to my Fios Quantum router and it just dwarfs it. I love it.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Does the XSX download at full speed when the screen is off? I want to install all the games I want overnight since they seem so slow downloading when playing a game

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Microsoft really must have bought Sega, because this thing is running at Sonic speeds!

Everything is so fast. Even stuff from my external 4TB mechanical drive is loading much faster. I love this thing!

Seeing all those Xboxes makes me feel so nostalgic haha, loved everyone of them with all their related controller.

Have fun with the newest member of the family!
Thanks! I'm really loving this console. I never had the One X, so just testing these hundreds of games I have is amazing. They look so goooooooddddd!

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the console so far, but I just don't feel like I've taken a generational leap.
Granted, I've only played Bright Memory, Destiny 2 and Fortnite so far. Has anyone else played Fortnite yet? It's optimised for Series X but doesn't look any different to how it did on my PS4 Pro really.

How do I activate quick resume?

Have you had your 'next gen experience' yet? What

thanks!
Feeling the same a little. Played Gears 5 so far and it ok. Not 100% impressed but it's good. Also not sure how to activate quick resume. Anyone know?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Series S was going to be my first step into next gen, but the storage really seems to be a bummer. I think I'll be going PS5 instead for now.