• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Secondly, unfortunately due to the size of the Series X on its side, plus my particular set up and media unit, this was the only place I could fit it lol.

20201110-230725-01-picsay.jpg
i might legit do this — i have nowhere else to put this huge machine. it's just hanging on the floor rn.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The Dpad on the new controller is so good

I literally haven't had a single "misfire" in Tetris Effect, and I already have several hours in it.

i might legit do this — i have nowhere else to put this huge machine. it's just hanging on the floor rn.

Behind-the-set is sort of my backup solution for everything, since getting a bigger TV. I literally have my 24" PlayStation 3D Display tv back there, lol

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having audio bugs? Uncompressed 5.1 audio doesn't have the center channel/dialogue working properly. I have to set it to bitstream in order to get all the sound. Never had the issue before

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Was the Xbox One controller this small? I'm used to 360 controller on my PC and that was perfection. This is uncomfortable. My finger tips aren't on the sticks OR the triggers unless I loosen my grip on the controller and kind of back my hand off.

Yeah I had the exact same feeling at first, and I'm still wondering if the Series S/X controller is smaller or if it's just my impression.

I got used to it after playing some games of Apex, and now it's perfectly fine, but I also thought it was smaller and less confortable at first. I have medium hands, but this might not be good for people with large ones.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Same thing for me. When in rest mode it stops downloading my games. Was wondering if it's a setting I missed?

I'm having the same problem. I thought unchecking 'turn off storage while console is off' would fix it but apparently AC hasn't been downloading for the past hour while off............. No clue how to fix this either and I've combed through all the settings.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had the exact same feeling at first, and I'm still wondering if the Series S/X controller is smaller or if it's just my impression.

I got used to it after playing some games of Apex, and now it's perfectly fine, but I also thought it was smaller and less confortable at first. I have medium hands, but this might not be good for people with large ones.
It is slightly smaller. I think MS has even confirmed as much.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
From what I've seen and heard it doesn't appear to be ready?

Like they could of spent another while cleaning shit up. I've heard more negative so far than positive.
What is sad, I spent more time playing games (on my only day off this week) on my wife's Xbox One X playing Planet Coaster. I would love to try Dirt 5 or Gears 5 at 120fps, but the download speed is just trash. I find that if I restart the console, I get really fast speed but after a bit it dies to a crawl. Then there are the other issues like the UI hanging and stuff is not just a great experience thus far. System is quick though and i was able to check out Sea of Thieves and boy does it look so much better and that 60fps is damn smooth.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
It is slightly smaller. I think MS has even confirmed as much.

Good to know it wasn't my imagination, thanks for the confirmation!

Well, good thing is that previous controllers also work with the Series, so we can still go back to the old one if we don't feel as confortable.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the list of people who thought it would just fit in the same place my One X was on my entertainment center and it does not.
So now it is just right to the left of my TV vertically. First time I have had a console vertical. Actually like it with this one a whole lot.

I have to say everything has been smooth. Wish I knew the Forza 4 update was damn near 65GB as i would have checked for it earlier. I am waiting until Thursday to head to Target to try and take advantage of their B2G1 sale since I also have the PS5 arriving. So for now it is older games I check out, which I have not played one yet. I was really concerned reading the issues about live, but currently getting 306 Mbps down on this update, so not that bad.

EDIT - Also, today was the first time I ever used network transfer. That shit is amazing. Making sure my home network is Gigabit and all wired finally paid off in a big way.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
has anyone had issues with getting their Series S to connect to an Xfinity router?

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
Playing on a CX with my Series X, and 90% of the time it's phenomenal.

The other 10% so far has been this weird issue where it gets caught in an ALLM boot loop, where the picture blacks out, the ALLM activation notice pops up, the screen flashes a no signal error, then it just loops through it infinitely. I can fix it SOMETIMES by just restarting the TV; other times, I have to restart the Xbox itself before it stops doing it.

Also it's weird seeing how many times the Xbox is triggering ALLM because of the CX's mode notifications. It's pretty damn aggressive about it. But I can't enable VRR without it, it seems, which is the one feature I want. I'd give up ALLM but every time I turn it off in the Xbox settings and the TV settings, VRR is no longer available in my Xbox menu.
I'm on a B9 and I can't run 4K120 with VRR or ALLM on at all. Have the new firmware which supposedly fixed this but not working for me. Picture blanks out entirely when I enable either feature.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Is it plugged in all the way? It does go in pretty far. I did not have mine all the way in and of course it did not recognize it but then I pushed it in further and it locked in and recognized it after a few seconds.

OMG... I now feel like a complete idiot.

For some reason I thought it couldn't go in further. Pushed it all the way in and like you said, after a few seconds it recognized it.

Thank you so much!!

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a troubleshooting thread??

www.resetera.com

Xbox Series X/S Troubleshooting Thread

Im having the hardest time of my gaming tech life right now. So many issues I’m totally lost My setup : -lg77cx -jbl 9.1 (hdmi 2 - earc ) -Xbox serie x (hdmi 3 ) I had 0 issues , perfect , with my Xbox one x so what can cause all this ? Hdmi 2.1? -dropping sounds randomly. Can’t be fixed...

TBH you'll probably get more answers and help in this thread. Like I did 😁

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What is sad, I spent more time playing games (on my only day off this week) on my wife's Xbox One X playing Planet Coaster. I would love to try Dirt 5 or Gears 5 at 120fps, but the download speed is just trash. I find that if I restart the console, I get really fast speed but after a bit it dies to a crawl. Then there are the other issues like the UI hanging and stuff is not just a great experience thus far. System is quick though and i was able to check out Sea of Thieves and boy does it look so much better and that 60fps is damn smooth.
Sounds like missing out on pre-ordering is good. With all the issues and stuff seems like buying early isn't a great idea unfortunately.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
One cool thing I love is that the series x supports hdmi-cec something that the old Xbox never did.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I played some Ori, lonely mountains, Forza horizon 4, Halo, Tetris effect, rocket league... só many games, it's insane!

The best thing so far is the loading times. Playing Forza and jumping in and out of races without any load times (seriously, like what one or two seconds?) is just insane and there's no way I'm playing these games on older machines now.

Add to that quick resume and the ridiculous game pass library and, honestly, this is quite simply a must buy for anybody.

Oct 27, 2017
Just played some Soul Calibur 6. The improved load times make such a huge difference when playing offline.

I'll finally get to play Tekken 7 and MvC:I story modes, too. I just couldn't stomach the long fight load times in between the story scenes. Honestly not sure how anyone played fighting games on Xbox One and PS4 this gen.

Also played some Halo 5 with auto hdr. Looks real nice with the stable 4k and extra texture filtering.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone know what settings I need to set on the Serious Ex to get sound out of my Fiio dac Amp? (Usb)

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
So what's the best setting for powering down?

The only two options seem to be instant on and power save though it does t really explain the difference?

I take it there's no downside to just completing shutting down the console besides stuff not updating/downloading?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My Series X will be arriving tomorrow, so in the meantime I'm moving files from my One X internal on to external drives. Is it worth moving Forza Horizon 4, or is the upgrade basically just downloading the full game?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am starting to get irritated now. So Dirt 5 after hours and hours of downloading finally finished. But when I launch the game it allows to me to only race 2 tracks and has a "game installation" progress bar with no progress. No main menu, no nothing, but the option to play on 2 different tracks and that is it. I started the game a few days ago on Xbox One X and no issues...but somehthing is now wrong.

My FOrza Horizon 4 Lego expansion has been downloading for over an hour and is only at 12%. It only downloaded less than 1gb of the 6 in a total hour with a 1gig connection. WTF?

Sorry...just really frustrated that i can't enjoy my new system due to issues...and i am not sure if is just network related. I just checked Dirt 5 and it is completely updated and residing on my Internal Series X SSD.

J Snow

Oct 25, 2017
My Series X will be arriving tomorrow, so in the meantime I'm moving files from my One X internal on to external drives. Is it worth moving Forza Horizon 4, or is the upgrade basically just downloading the full game?

I had to essentially re-download the game or at least a 40GB file but I also hadn't played for a while so that might have included some updates your copy might already have. If you're tight for time, I would skip copying Forza and go for something else

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Xbox Series X setup and theres not one game I feel like playing. First time there isn't a game I want to play at a console's launch. At least with the PS5 on Thursday, I got DS.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Got my Xbox Series X setup and theres not one game I feel like playing. First time there isn't a game I want to play at a console's launch. At least with the PS5 on Thursday, I got DS.

check out Tetris Effect Connected. I was having similar feelings, but it's saving the day, even after playing it on PS4.

The Touryst, too.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
What battery pack do you guys recommend for the Xbox controller? Since the controller has a USB input, can that recharge batteries inside the controller? I don't get it lol

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I'm feeling the almost the same although I fired up Grounded and am really enjoying that. Something a little different.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the next-gen Mamba edition of NBA 2k21 and I'm not getting any of the bonus stuff. What am I missing?