• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
My gf is having trouble with the Y button on her controller. Should I be contacting Best Buy about that or MS directly?

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Forza Horizon 4 is the only one on game pass. It's also getting a Series X patch which seems really good. The other games have been delisted so you'll have to track down physical copies. They're all excellent games but opinions differ based on how much you enjoy a specific game's map or progression. Try out 4 and see if you want to track down the others.
Man, that's crazy.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I have to ask, does anyone with a Series S/X wanna try if this is good?

www.theverge.com

Microsoft now lets you stream PC games to an Xbox One and use a controller

Microsoft’s new Wireless Display Apps lets PC users stream their games or video content to an Xbox One. It supports controller so you can remotely control a PC to play games, or even run presentations

I can use Rainway but this is a inch more useful (so I don't have to do extra pairings).

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone at all use media remotes?
Anyone?

None of my audio controls work and I want to know if I'm alone in this

I have a S and an X, one to avr, one to tv, audio works on neither

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Playing on a CX with my Series X, and 90% of the time it's phenomenal.

The other 10% so far has been this weird issue where it gets caught in an ALLM boot loop, where the picture blacks out, the ALLM activation notice pops up, the screen flashes a no signal error, then it just loops through it infinitely. I can fix it SOMETIMES by just restarting the TV; other times, I have to restart the Xbox itself before it stops doing it.

Also it's weird seeing how many times the Xbox is triggering ALLM because of the CX's mode notifications. It's pretty damn aggressive about it. But I can't enable VRR without it, it seems, which is the one feature I want. I'd give up ALLM but every time I turn it off in the Xbox settings and the TV settings, VRR is no longer available in my Xbox menu.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So I'm playing titanfall 2 and it randomly flickers to black a few times a minute. I have a LG CX, I had it set to 120hz refresh and set it to 60hz but it still does it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Firstly, the Yakuza steelbook is gorgeous. Just installing now.

20201111-000542-01-01-picsay.jpg

20201111-000548-01-picsay.jpg

Secondly, unfortunately due to the size of the Series X on its side, plus my particular set up and media unit, this was the only place I could fit it lol.

20201110-230725-01-picsay.jpg

20190819073857010101.jpeg

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Yeah. I'll give Ori a try in a few, and see if I have any issues. I have a CX as well.
Hey thanks for your help and time...I'm an idiot lol. I'm using the Series X on an HDMI port that I hadn't used yet on this TV. Once I realized this and switched this port to game mode, my problem was fixed. Thanks again.

I fired up Ori and the Will of the Wisps as my first Xbox game in quite some time...wow I am just blown away. The art style and gameplay is just amazing.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Yakuza Like a Dragon loads times are almost non existence. They last about 2 seconds. Love 60fps in the dragon engine.

Oct 29, 2017
Aw yiss. Have only played Tetris Effect so far, since it was a quick download. My eyes almost started bleeding haha. Now going to download a few of the games I purchased, and try to stay up as late as possible tonight.

XBX.jpg

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
My roommate can not get his Series S to connect to our wifi. We've tried everything.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Lol. I have the console, but my card comes in tomorrow.
You guys should trade =p.

I'm loving my Series X. Super sleek and damn fast. like loading a level in doom:eternal in 3s fast. holy shit.

Not that big of an upgrade to the One X though in terms of OS experience. A bit faster and the dynamic background is cool, but nothing earth shattering.

Was wasy as hell to install tho. I was ready in about 15 minutes from opening the box to browsing the menu.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I have (I think?) An insignia best buy xbox remote. It's super nice. I'll double check on what it is exactly

Well I have both the official old one, a nyko one and a brand new pdp one

None of which control audio on either of my setups, and they all did on "last gen" so I'm pretty frustrated tbh, I've tried everything

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, this launch doesn't sound good at all. From super delayed shipping to people seemingly having tons of issues with their consoles. Makes me super glad now that I didn't pre order.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
After queing up 4 games to update, I left my console for a few hours to come back and find nothing updated. Then I tried to look at my Storage and it just spun in circles and never showed the storage devices. I am not sure if I got a bad unit or something else. Just not been a good day with a new system. While I have no issues with my C9 and 120 but I have not tried a 120 game yet because it is taking forever to update and when leaving the system it just died or something happened.

I ended up powering down, disconnecting power and then plug it back in and start it up again. It is downloading faster, but noticing it is dropping speed big time. My storage menu did finally appear again. Anyone else get the feeling that things just are not right? Like there are a lot of little things that just don't seem to work. At one point some of the game icons on the home screen were extreme low resolution....just weird stuff.

I really hate how they changed device control. I use to have my Xbox One X turn on the TV and Receiver when I turn on the Xbox One X or turn it off. Now it only does the TV. Since i have the HDMI going from the Series X to the TV and then using the TV's eArc on HDMI 2 it does not power the Receiver and does not turn it on/off. It is just a frustrating thing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wait you can still buy Virtua Fighter 2?!?

I spent more than playing that in college then going to class

Yeah! The Xbox store is a treasure trove of old Sega games.

Virtua Fighter 2
Daytona USA (the best version!)
Fighting Vipers
Nights into Dreams
Guardian Heroes
Crazy Taxi
etc etc

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After queing up 4 games to update, I left my console for a few hours to come back and find nothing updated. Then I tried to look at my Storage and it just spun in circles and never showed the storage devices. I am not sure if I got a bad unit or something else. Just not been a good day with a new system. While I have no issues with my C9 and 120 but I have not tried a 120 game yet because it is taking forever to update and when leaving the system it just died or something happened.

I ended up powering down, disconnecting power and then plug it back in and start it up again. It is downloading faster, but noticing it is dropping speed big time. My storage menu did finally appear again. Anyone else get the feeling that things just are not right? Like there are a lot of little things that just don't seem to work. At one point some of the game icons on the home screen were extreme low resolution....just weird stuff.
From what I've seen and heard it doesn't appear to be ready?

Like they could of spent another while cleaning shit up. I've heard more negative so far than positive.

Oct 27, 2017
holy fuck, this is my first time out of etc in a week

hi gaming side i missed you

anyway, as the trump admin attempts a coup (i'm trying to not panic every fucking second), i got this beaut in the mail. almost completely forgot about it. it is so, so nice. so fast. i haven't had an xbox in a couple months, so i'm loving these newer game pass offerings, and i'm FINALLY playing crash 4. it is a fantastic sequel.

ANNND, i'm playing on my new OLED.

i'm in heaven.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Was the Series X supposed to come with a code for 3 months of GP Ultimate? I swear I saw an unboxing video that had a little pamphlet with a GP code, but I'm not seeing one anywhere so maybe I'm just imagining that.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Doh, Tetris Effect starts up and automatically recognizes HDR, but you have to manually set the option to "on" within the game, otherwise you got "hot" colors.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Also, this console did not fit in my cubicle in my media unit. So it went on top, unfortunately. I love the design of it so I don't mind flaunting this beast. Got to admit, the OS is so damn smooth, I hope it's like this for a long time.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Ok something is definitely wrong then. It recognizes my other externals just fine. Now I'm hoping it's just the expansion SSD that's bad and not something wrong with the console itself. The console seems flawless otherwise.
Is it plugged in all the way? It does go in pretty far. I did not have mine all the way in and of course it did not recognize it but then I pushed it in further and it locked in and recognized it after a few seconds.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else have Madden? I transferred my One version to the internal drive, then I saw there was a X/S version so I deleted the One version and then the download for the X/S version was only like 200mb lol what is this??