• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
Right off the bat, I prefer the ergonomics of the new controller to my Elite 1 controller. LB and RB no longer have that annoying edge ridge, instead they taper off to the sides gradually. Likewise, the triggers seem less angular and aggressive feeling. Both of these things should hopefully solve the finger pain I sometimes get after long bouts of continuous trigger use with my Elite.

The new D-pad however feels horrible. It just doesn't give very good feedback or click matching. The clicks and noises are also way too loud. Like the DualShock 4 is silent in comparison, and even the Elites D-pad has thicker or less pronounced sounding clicks.
I actually really liked the feel of the D-pad lol

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Anybody else have a clicking coming from their Series X? You have to get pretty close to it to hear (maybe about 8 inches)... I'm guessing its the fan, but I have it and its a little worrying.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else find the mobile app a bit glitchy?

They made me use it to set up the series x for the first time, and that was fine, but afterwards now that the console is setup and working, the mobile app still doesn't think a console is paired to it. I can select set up a new console or add existing one. If I hit add existing, it tells me to turn my console on and wait, and it's already on and signed in... so nothing happens.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Ok so the whole move your BC games from your old xbox ext hdd is not working at all for me. Ive set Series S to my home xbox, but when I try to launch any BC game off the usb hdd it says it needs to finish installing and go online, WTF.

Its supposed to be plug and play, so whats wrong. Anyone got this working?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dpad feels great in tekken. I actually love the clicky-ness to it. But face buttons kinda lack it...I wonder if it's just my controller.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else find the mobile app a bit glitchy?

They made me use it to set up the series x for the first time, and that was fine, but afterwards now that the console is setup and working, the mobile app still doesn't think a console is paired to it. I can select set up a new console or add existing one. If I hit add existing, it tells me to turn my console on and wait, and it's already on and signed in... so nothing happens.

Yeah same for me. Couldn't get it to recognize that I was signed in.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually really liked the feel of the D-pad lol

If I had to play a Beat Em Up using it, if my door wasn't shut, I feel like the loud clicking noises could wake up my wife lol. No idea why they're not more dampened. Then again, the analogues are pretty loud too lol.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have an elite series 2 so I don't expect to use the new controller much, but it feels a lot better than I expected. I like the texture on the grips and triggers.

This thing has the clickiest dpad I have ever seen though, lol.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
If I had to play a Beat Em Up using it, if my door wasn't shut, I feel like the loud clicking noises could wake up my wife lol. No idea why they're not more dampened. Then again, the analogues are pretty loud too lol.
Yeah def real loud, for context I was listening to MinnMaxx with my airpod pros in and could still hear the clicking

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
dl speeds are SO bad right now. I just want to play Forza Horizon!

such a waste updating and transferring it just to wait 3 hours to redownload it again for the new console...

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
Early fan opinions so far of the xbox series X?

Curious!

Should I buy it or wait?
I haven't actually played a game on it yet but as a person that thought the sluggishness of the OneX UI was unbearable Series X is buttery smooth and fast. I'm not going to tell you you should spend 500 bucks for a quicker UI to get to netflix or hulu but I'm also not going to act like It wasn't an immediate relief

Oct 27, 2017
I do not believe this is actually an issue with the Xbox Series X, but maybe someone may have a tip.

My External HDD is on the way out. It has been for awhile now. It's been struggling and having issues for a few months. I've been kind of holding out till after the XSX got here. I had my Xbox One X on this morning downloading some games and getting things ready for when the XSX got here.

I now have it connected to the XSX, and the External is being recognized, but only a fraction of the games that are installed on it are being read. I've verified that they are on the External on the Xbox One. It's showing that the space is being taken up in the settings, but the games themselves are just MIA.

Any tips I could try to get the XSX to pick up the games so I can get them transferred over to the Internal?
Same thing happened to me, hooked up to the new Xbox and was surprised that there was very little on the external. I thought OK, maybe those are on the internal of the old one. Hooked up the external to the old one and everything I thought that was there was on there. The Series X isn't reading all of the contents on the external for some reason

Sorry for the confusing description. Basically new Xbox is not reading all of the games on the external that the old one did

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I have a game in Game Swap, does that count?

Guess so, but I don't know.

It'll cap your download to like 30Mb/s if you have a game open so that it's not affecting online games. It's not clever enough to tell if you're actually playing online or not so just caps it if a game is running.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Same thing happened to me, hooked up to the new Xbox and was surprised that there was very little on the external. I thought OK, maybe those are on the internal of the old one. Hooked up the external to the old one and everything I thought that was there was on there. The Series X isn't reading all of the contents on the external for some reason

Sorry for the confusing description. Basically new Xbox is not reading all of the games on the external that the old one did

Have you figured out a solution, by chance? The game I wanted to play most was downloaded this morning but is MIA on the External now. I didn't want to have it downloaded "twice"

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Guess so, but I don't know.

It'll cap your download to like 30Mb/s if you have a game open so that it's not affecting online games. It's not clever enough to tell if you're actually playing online or not so just caps it if a game is running.

OK with Tetris Effect not closed, but also not running (if that makes sense), I was getting 18mb download speeds. When I started Lumines, and then immediately closed Lumines, my download speeds jumped to 250mb. So I'm assuming it took starting and closing another app for Tetris Effect to not be in memory running and to simply be in Game Swap, thus allowing download speeds to increase?

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I tried Streets of Rage 4 with auto hdr and it did not look good. The ui is way off, far too bright.

but idk if that's just my monitor or my settings because the settings menu's hdr calibration is weird. the two options for whiteness don't seem to do anything. It says to move the slider until you can barely see these shapes or whatever and no matter what it's just pure white.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Question: does the Xbox refer to downloading as "installing?" I have different games downloading right now - some from GamePass, some that I'd bought years ago and are now re-downloading - and the system refers to it as "Installing... [insert mbps speed]." Does this terminology refer to something different than just a regular download?

Also, is it fair to assume that the servers are being hit pretty hard right now? I'm well under my network's max download speed, and my ISP doesn't throttle as far as I know.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
OK with Tetris Effect not closed, but also not running (if that makes sense), I was getting 18mb download speeds. When I started Lumines, and then immediately closed Lumines, my download speeds jumped to 250mb. So I'm assuming it took starting and closing another app for Tetris Effect to not be in memory running and to simply be in Game Swap, thus allowing download speeds to increase?

Yeah, sounds like it.

You could also force quit games by hitting start (the hamburger) on their icon and hitting quit if you want to instead of opening another game (forgive me if this is preaching to the choir, I don't know how familiar you are with the dash)

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah, sounds like it.

You could also force quit games by hitting start (the hamburger) on their icon and hitting quit if you want to instead of opening another game (forgive me if this is preaching to the choir, I don't know how familiar you are with the dash)
Yeah, I just didnt want to let go of my round of Tetris Effect.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Question: does the Xbox refer to downloading as "installing?" I have different games downloading right now - some from GamePass, some that I'd bought years ago and are now re-downloading - and the system refers to it as "Installing... [insert mbps speed]." Does this terminology refer to something different than just a regular download?

Installing/downloading are the same on Xbox. There is no visible 'install'. Once something is downloaded, you can boot it. You don't get downloading then installing/copying.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on how to quickly see what games and apps are open? the Quit option does not appear in the my games and apps list, and there's only the 4-5 most recently played in the pop up menu and home menu where the quit option may or may not appear
Not really sure as I only got two installed atm, so can easily see those two

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Haven't been able to play anything yet, but I did set up the console at lunch today... disappointed that the UI looks identical! I don't have this sense of disappointment when I upgrade my phone... but I expected some new razzle dazzle with the UI. I'm sure the game performance will soften this blow.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
So I ordered two xboxes (legit purchases, not reselling) one from Microsoft Store and one from Target and FedEx will not make delivery today on either of them. FedEx really sucks.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, there's no USB-C charging cable in the box. So if I want to use my Play & Charge Kit battery, I use either the PS5 charging cable or one of my mobile phone ones?

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
(Now ended) Stream (Jason Plays) of No Man's Sky on Xbox Series X, with optimization patch. Looks so much better than the One X version. He says that the game feels like PC and is basically locked at 60 fps. Draw distance is very good and the pop-in is no where near as noticeable as on the One X. Still has a few moments of low-res textures, but greatly reduced.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Enjoying everything so far. My only complaint is Forza Horizon 4's Series X update lacks the option for Long or Short Motion Blur like the PC version and since it's locked to 60fps with no option to go back to 30fps the motion blur looks dramatically worse imo.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Bought the GamePad for PC gaming and it just doesn't work wirelessly. It pairs just fine with Windows as it is recognized by Windows as an Xbox controller, however Xbox accessories does recognize it at all and Steam thinks its a generic controller. Ran out to Target and grabbed a USB-c cable and was able to connect it to my PC that way, Accessories recognized it as a Series X|S controllerand performed an update and Steam thinks its an XBO pad but it works fine. When I disconnect the cable it goes back to the original issue.

I never had any issues with XBO pads in the past so I am hoping MS just needs to release a driver update to get it to work

Glad I found your post as I thought I was going crazy trying to set this up. Shame it doesn't work with wireless or Bluetooth for now as I only have one USB-C cable and its for my spouses phone charger so I need to get another one.