• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Mine arrived. I transferred Watch Dogs 3 on to the internal drive and then the update it prompted to download was 37GB which was about the size of the whole game on Xbox One. Do the smart delivery upgrades basically just download the whole game again? If so I'll save myself some time and just delete them from the external USB drive and download them again rather than transferring them to internal storage and updating

Otto

Oct 28, 2017

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
The controller can actually power my HD598s to an acceptable volume and level of bass. I could never do that with the Dualshock 4.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order on Series S.....some nasty as dithering or some shit around Kal when you pan the camera. Don't remember that on the One S being that way.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
For some reason I thought yakuza 7 was gonna be on gamepass. I think I'll end up buying it since I don't need to have completed 3-6, but not sure yet.
Other launch window game that grabs my eye is watch dogs

also glad I was able to swap out the one x in same spot and same cables lol

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I have the Sony x900h and the HDMI 2.1 update downloaded, but the console is saying it can't do 4K/120. I'm using the included HDMI cable. Any thoughts?

Edit: nvm, I'm dumb/figured it out, lol

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
My xbox one serie X just died like WTF... I was playing WD legion and it suddenly turned off, I can't make it start again since then, anyone ?
When my One X wouldn't boot a while ago I unplugged it from power completely (including unplugging the power cable from the back of the console), left it for ~10 minutes and re-plugged it in and it then booted. Hopefully something like that might work here.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I really hope they update the Dashboard to be 4K very soon. I didn't think I'd notice or care, but it's actually super jarring seeing text pop-in and go from blurry to clear as they load in. It's super duper gross.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Mine arrived. I transferred Watch Dogs 3 on to the internal drive and then the update it prompted to download was 37GB which was about the size of the whole game on Xbox One. Do the smart delivery upgrades basically just download the whole game again? If so I'll save myself some time and just delete them from the external USB drive and download them again rather than transferring them to internal storage and updating

lol yeah pretty much.
Bought an external HDD just to move stuff around so I wouldn't have to redownload 1tb worth of stuff again...it was useless.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
The cable included is HDMI 2.1 so if your TV is capable, you want to use that
Okay cool. I am a dummy and saw 2.2 on the Amazon link of the cable I currently have and thought it did already, but that was HDCP. I will use the included cable. Getting rid of Kinect freed up so much clutter with the cables behind my entertainment center it will not be an issue now. It was kind of insane actually how many cables and how bulky it was just the Kinect.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got mine, but I'm still working, so I can't set it up. I like the controller! The buttons feel less stiff than those on the One.

Truphenom

Oct 26, 2017
Just got mine from UPS. Really sucks that Amazon screwed some ppl over with their orders.

This is going to be the longest work day ever.

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
Got mine up and running on my LG CX Oled. Should I set AMD Freesync Premium to on in the tv settings, or does it use VRR anyway?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Got it at 10, loaded AC up and am just waiting to play Destiny with friends tonight. It is super fun to have next gen in the house now.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris is crazy on my TV, wow

When I went back to the homescreen I had a popup saying game mode is turned off. I cannot find anything in the setting about it, any idea?

Also a PSA, when I ran the TV check it said my TV did not support HDR, I had to change the HDMI setting on my TV from auto to specifically 2.0. Ran it again and I am good now

Oct 25, 2017
Game pass is honestly amazing. The fact that people try to downplay the fact I just got a new console and can play a fuck load of games for the price of a pizza here is just insane

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Had a big problem today in Valhalla where I had no voice audio on my LG C9 until I found out that I have to change the sound options in the system settings from 7.1 uncompressed to bitstream and since I own Dolby Atmos for headphones, they added Dolby Atmos for home Cinema and now noticed that the Xbox natively recognize the Dolby Atmos from my LG C9. This is freaking incredible and I haven't seen anyone talking about this.
Every time I start a game now and have my tv sound on I not only get the game mode and hdr message, but also a Dolby Atmos pop-up. That really surprised me.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Does series X have the same power cable as a one x? Curious if when it arrives i can just move my one x and plug my series x in without having to re do all the cables.

MmmSkyscraper

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, so I plugged it all in and powered on and its just sitting at the Xbox logo. Occasionally a shadow moves across the logo. It's been like this for 5 minutes. Ruh roh time?

I had this and left it for about 5 minutes. Nothing changed so turned it off and back on again, then immediately got the boot up animation and install/update process.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.

It depends on the game I guess...I just did Destiny 2 transfer,the whole 108 GB from the external to internal and I got prompted for another 65 GB after it was done...I tried Fallout 76 and I did not have an extra big download after,same with Wasteland 3.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for Valhalla to patch, but boy State of Decay 2 looks super sharp and the smooth 60fps. I don't need new games, I might just play this for another 200 hours.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
they werent lying, Valhalla is 4K 60, thing of beauty. I havent heard a peep from the Xbox btw, I hope the fan is working lol.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the GamePad for PC gaming and it just doesn't work wirelessly. It pairs just fine with Windows as it is recognized by Windows as an Xbox controller, however Xbox accessories does recognize it at all and Steam thinks its a generic controller. Ran out to Target and grabbed a USB-c cable and was able to connect it to my PC that way, Accessories recognized it as a Series X|S controllerand performed an update and Steam thinks its an XBO pad but it works fine. When I disconnect the cable it goes back to the original issue.

I never had any issues with XBO pads in the past so I am hoping MS just needs to release a driver update to get it to work

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else having trouble connecting to wifi? the console is finding wifi from everyone around me but just not my actual home signal.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Some TVs handle SDR to HDR transitions without any flicker or really even any indication that it happened. My Samsung Q90R doesn't flicker, for example.

Not to say that I wouldn't like an HDR dashboard, but it's more an issue of your TV than the Xbox.
I think most TVs have this flicker issue though, there's no reason not have the menu screens in HDR, like Apple TV does.

I'm surprised by how much louder this can get than my One X.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Just setup my Series X and doing some updates for my games. So far I own 5 series X Optimized titles. AC: Valhalla, Forza Horizon 4, No Man's Sky, Gears 5, and Mortal Kombat 11.

I also got Immortals: Fenyx Rising in order but won't get that until December.

Got my XSX today along with a physical copy of Valhalla, 46GB upgrade it wants huh ?

Yes that 46GB upgrade is the X Series Optimized version, off the disc is the standard Xbox One version I would guess.

I own it digitally and today once I setup my Series X it wanted to update to the Series X optimized version which was a 46GB update.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, it's probably the most underwhelming introduction to any new console ever.. The home screen is so dull. I thought they would at least have done something interesting for launch week. It's so nice to actually be able to use Microsoft Rewards and it actually loads. That SSD is a god send. Love the D Pad on the new controller, but hate how little the buttons protrude.