• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Destiny 2 just keeps failing on install. Last night during preload and now with a fresh install on my series x. Amazing....

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
All set up and got Valhalla downloaded. Playing on a CX sure is pretty. Smoothest controller response that I can ever recall from an AC game too; load times are nowhere to be so fast, which is also pretty unusual for AC. Can't wait to hop between games after they finish downloading!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I am getting 40 Mbps :(
had to put horizon 4 to the end of the list to try the small games.

I don't know why, but the Events app was just hanging and not pulling anything down at all, so I paused that and the rest have gone at full speed, so I'm guessing there's still a bunch of traffic causing potential snags.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Moving from HDD to internal seems to massively vary from title to title, even if the sizes are not that far apart.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
My Series S is on its way from FedEx. Here is hoping to today. I also ordered a nice gaming monitor so I should get a faster response time and high refresh rate plus HDR. Going to hook this all up today.

Plum

May 31, 2018
My download sleep is varying from 80Mbps to a matter of Kbps and my Full Library is now not even loading...

...god this console has been nothing but frustration so far

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox recognized my NU8000 as a 120Hz panel thank God, but it maxes out at 1080p, sadly, when the TV supports up to 1440p. Oh well.

Is 1440p@120hz theoretically supported and the software doesn't recognize it, or is it just that the 120hz mode is limited to 1080p on that display? If it's the former, that's likely to be patched eventually.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Restarted the console to try and fix my Full Library...

...black screen

giphy.gif

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
My old Xbox One media remote can't control volume on Series X for some reason. :( HDMI-CEC doesn't do it and the old remote control code menu from when OneGuide was still around appears to be gone.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
You can use your account on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X at the same time, was worried about this one since I wanted to give One X to my nephew.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this is a stupid question but does the Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 permanently change the map? It's been so long since I've played I can't remember. Hmm.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Sorry if this is a stupid question but does the Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 permanently change the map? It's been so long since I've played I can't remember. Hmm.

It's an entirely separate map that you go through a loading screen to get to. All that's added to the base game map is an icon to travel there.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
The pack is available on previous gen consoles apparently, so isn't an exclusive thing for next gen.

How's everyone's experience with Quick Resume been? Just tried watch dogs, avengers, Warzone and AC Valhalla and the only one which resumes is AC.

Try using it with games that don't always require a connection to play. It works much better.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's an entirely separate map that you go through a loading screen to get to. All that's added to the base game map is an icon to travel there.
Totally separate territory, so the main map for 3 is unchanged.
It's a separate map you have to travel to.
Alright, relieved to hear that lol! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to get back because I just want some regular streets without figure 8s and Trexs etc.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The Series X seems to recognize if a game has a 120hz mode or not, and switches you to full 4K if you were previously set to 1440p@120hz, and that's absolutely fantastic.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
This might be a silly question but I'm pretty new to the Xbox ecosystem.
I'm currently downloading Gears of War and want to put the console to sleep while it does that. How do I do that? I see turn off console but I'm not sure if that'll stop the download or if that's actually the rest mode.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got my Series X. Anyone else have a really loud disc drive? It's currently installing Overwatch and sometimes it's relatively quite and at other times it's pretty loud (and almost like it's held in place properly).

It's quite loud for me but I imagine it's because it's transferring GBs of data very quickly and so spinning pretty fast, and I've not really been able to hear the disc drive loud and clear over the fans before, which are usually blaring.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Download speed were super fast one hour ago but now it's soooooooooo slow. *cries*

Also I'm having issue with Valhalla and Ubisoft Connect. I can't play on my account because it's my wife's Xbox Live account that is linked with my Ubisoft account and when I go to unlink her account it doesn't give me the option to link mine. It's such a mess lol

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
OMG Hunt: Showdown finally runs smoothly. Can see me playing a lot of that. Any impressions of Observer?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I'm currently downloading Gears of War and want to put the console to sleep while it does that. How do I do that? I see turn off console but I'm not sure if that'll stop the download or if that's actually the rest mode.

Assuming it's like XBone, 'off' will default to whatever the system is set to: i.e. go into power settings and you can tell it to fully shutdown or rest when it's told to 'turn off'. If that makes sense.

plus ca change!

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Jedi fallen order was being added to EA Play/game pass today. Not seeing it in game pass though. Anyone know?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
The set up was super fast,installing AC now is a little slow but not too bad...just checked Gamepass,wow at all thew EA Play games added lol,amazing,I get to play Anthem finally on a next gen console ;P

Only thing wrong is my Gamepass 3 month code that was 20 bucks cheaper at EbGames for today does not work,so I will have to call up MS support but not today lol,they must be super busy right now...I am okay till January.

Valhalla ready to play in about 15 minutes...woo,I love new gen console day launch. ;)

Ialso hate that in the 4K details,anything for 120HZ is a no go on my 900E but that will have to wait ;)

Last edited:

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Btw moving Valhalla from preloaded from external to internal SDD still makes you download the full game ones you start it.
Guess its a fully different SDK

I think I've seen this mentioned by others...so to be clear is it better to just download the games straight to the XSX versus transferring over from an external drive? I had the games I wanted to move over ready to go, but it sounds like you still have to download some pretty large update files when they get on the XSX either way?

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020

If you have instant on turned on, it should be safe to turn off and your stuff should download in the background. Test it out.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Restarted the console to try and fix my Full Library...

...black screen

giphy.gif
My tv is a 60 hz. (Samsung ks8000)
And after turning my console off, (instant on) and then back on..I got a black screen. Only way to get it away was to hold down the power button and completely turn the console off...

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Go into power settings and confirm that your power setting is "instant on" and not "energy saver mode." (This should be the default but good to double check.)

As long as it's in instant on, all your downloads will continue while the console sleeps (looks off).

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got a late night Target pickup order in for my local store last night and this morning I already went and picked it up! So stoked I was able to grab one!

Rourkey

Nov 14, 2017
The S might be more popular than I thought, DHL dropped my X off but left 2 S models for the student house over the road (I expect to save time!).

I went out about 2 mins later to sort out if they were for them and the whole house ( 6 or 7 of them) were already out in the street looking shell-shocked. I assume they were tracking the delivery online and wondered what happened, so glad they didn't drop mine of there!

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
My internet is so slow today.. I'm yet to download 1 game :(

What a day to be slower than usual, argh.. I guess I shouldn't complain at least I got the system now, some of my friends are still waiting.. and made the order way before I did.