• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So is there any decent way to transfer games over from Xbox One X to the Series X without an external hard drive? I do have one lying around but I don't really want to go through the bother of formatting it right now (and I need to get it replaced anyway as it seems to be on its way out). Thanks!

Keenest

Oct 27, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I set up my Xbox S this morning. I just had a few moments to check out Civ 6. When you start a new game or load a save file, there is always the Sean Bean narration about the leader you are playing as. Normally he would finish with his whole piece, then you still had to wait a while to the loading of the level to be completed. This morning, he was still talking when the game was already ready to be played. Definitely a much needed speed boost from the SSD I imagine. I look forward to getting properly stuck in after work.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
So is there any decent way to transfer games over from Xbox One X to the Series X without an external hard drive? I do have one lying around but I don't really want to go through the bother of formatting it right now (and I need to get it replaced anyway as it seems to be on its way out). Thanks!

Tried directly connecting both consoles with Ethernet?

Oct 25, 2017
Network transfer, both consoles must be on the same network. Settings > System > backup & transfer.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
can be set up totally as a non-primary right? I want to keep my Xbox 1 S as primary which my son has at University so I'll be hopefully using this as a signed in secondary console

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Many of us today....

Oct 29, 2017
Have you tried going to this link?

Sign in to your account

Then click on the device you want to remove, and in the top area there should be a "Manage" button with the option to remove the console you no longer own.

Yep. The only devices in there are my laptop and my Series X. No sign of the two Xbox One's that have been in my profile for a long time now. It's bizarre.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of Series X's . Were two more rows like this in the store. Fair play to Game they were on it with getting them out the door this morning

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I already stole the apple TV ethernet cable so I can wire up the XSX. Might steal the power cable too - same type right? Will get me set up more quickly and I'm hardly using the apple TV anyway right now (C9 has the apple TV app which I use)

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
It's so quiet. Set-up was quick using the mobile app whilst it was updating.

Smaller than I expected. Engineering masterpiece

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I was able to get one without a reservation here in Spain at a Mediamarkt! WOHOOOOOOO!

They had 4 extra systems to sell but we were 10 or so in line and I was first so I did all right!

Now i need to start my work day and I already lost one hour with this whole thing.

Hasi

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Just got mine in, nice and early at 10am local time! I have to say though, my heart skipped a beat when I opened the box and saw this one the piece of paper:
nSREXcy.jpg

Luckily I lifted out the box and recognised it from the previews. Now working on update and setup, should be done just in time for... 4 hours straight of Zoom classes while I stare longingly at the console :(

First impressions though: the controller feels super nice coming off of a Dual shock 4 for the past couple years. Texture and weight feel really good.

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
Btw... EA Play is available on Game Pass (sorry if its late news) if you want to kill some time will waiting for your package to arrive

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad MS managed a worldwide release. I don't feel like I'm left out since I don't live in the states.

I ordered Watch dogs legion, AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk and Yakuza Like a dragon. Of course the shit store here managed to fuck up my delivery with the released games in the order >_> didn't receive any game yet.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
They just delivered mine home and I'm stuck at work, so excited! Just few more minutes!

I hope I can use my account on Xbox One X and Series X at the same time.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
I took a chance at a physical grab at the only store in the country doing physical sales. It was very orderly, with a long line with good distancing and mask use.

Got one! They even threw in a Steelseries wireless headset for free to everyone who got a box as a kind of day one thing which is great, because I otherwise don't have a mic on the Xbox.

First impression is that this thing is HUGE.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I wish Amazon would show a more precise delivery window for their own delivery service. This "Until 11pm" stuff is useless.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, my pre-ordered got delayed until tomorrow.

Just got mine in, nice and early at 10am local time! I have to say though, my heart skipped a beat when I opened the box and saw this one the piece of paper:
nSREXcy.jpg

Luckily I lifted out the box and recognised it from the previews. Now working on update and setup, should be done just in time for... 4 hours straight of Zoom classes while I stare longingly at the console :(

First impressions though: the controller feels super nice coming off of a Dual shock 4 for the past couple years. Texture and weight feel really good.

Tweaker ;)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thought I was clever pre-downloading everything on my One X and transferring it straight over via USB drive.

Goes to boot Watch Dogs Legion... 'There is a 37gb update available!'

Damn!

Nice that it's not just the typical 'update' text though. It's a new text that specifically says that it's an upgrade (presumably in case you want to keep the BC version for any reason)

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I know this isn't a Microsoft game, but this was super disappointing to see after all the "Smart Delivery" talk.

TZKb8JL.jpg

So I have to install the Xbox One game and this Series X file and have both things cluttering up my Games page, which I have to check to make sure I load the right one. Lame.