• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Driver is on route

EllipticalParchedAmphibian-max-1mb.gif

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts on the S in here? I hadn't really considered getting either Xbox console, but now that I've pretty summarily decided to not build a new PC for at least another 2-3 years, I'm kind of tempted to grab an S tonight just as a gamepass/BC machine, as something complementary to my PS5. I have a pretty big OG Xbox library as that's the only system I had as a kid, and I'd love to play through some of those again.

My only hesitation is the 1080p concerns that have been aired in some reviews. IQ is something that does reaaaaally matter to me, for better or worse, and I'm worried that I'll end up just wanting to get an X in a year once exclusives running at native 4K start hitting. Also BC titles not running at max resolution would be a bummer potentially.

No - I went for an XSX on all access - £20.99 a month for 24 months (on top of GPU sub) isn't massively more than XSS. I have a 4k TV and wanted to use it. But it'll be a gamepass machine like your usage describes

Oct 18, 2020
I've had mines for over six hours now but it didn't work out the box.
I'm a bit bummed that "next gen" started with a dud of a console.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

This is what the shipping box says.

"The product is a game console that our precious Xbox customers will receive.
They didn't miss a single second to preorder this product on right time.
Dear courier! Please take care of it.
Have a safe day. Thank you."

Handle with Care.

In the US that would be a flashing light going off with a sign that says "steal me!"

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Wondering if I should use my beloved Elite Controller (V2) or the new Xbox Series X controller. The latency improvements do sound pretty great.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Delivery person should arrive within next two hours! It's going to be a looong day. I'll try to power through my tasks for today and log off a bit earlier just to set up the console and start downloading games. ;) Hopefully I'll be able to play something today.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day One issue buglist is updated:
answers.microsoft.com

Known Issues on Xbox Series X|S

Last Updated: 3/22/2021 at 5:00PM PST Hi there, It's an exciting time. The Xbox Series X|S consoles have both launched and we hope you're enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming. In the

Biggest one:
  • Known Issue: If you are using a 4K@120Hz TV that also supports VRR you might encounter no signal or corrupted image when the Xbox is configured for 4K120+VRR. This issue occurs with various TVs from LG, Samsung, or Vizio.
  • Workaround:
    • Update to the latest firmware on your TV
More details at the link on workarounds

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
So hyped some of y'all got your console! ENJOY! Hope the rest of Xbox Era has a good day jumping into the next gen!{or is it current since the latest Xbox is out!?!?!🤔)

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask but I'll give it a shot.

Over the last gen I had multiple Xbox's but have since sold them. When I go to install a game remotely, it gives me the option to install to two consoles which I don't have anymore.

I've logged into my Microsoft account and there's no Xbox's in there to delete. Any idea how I can get rid of them? I'd prefer to just have my new Series X in there as I think it's trying to automatically download games to one of those two consoles.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Jealous of everyone getting to experience the next gen so soon. I was lucky enough to get a PS5 preorder in, but hopefully some Xboxes will be on shelves soonish...

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask but I'll give it a shot.

Over the last gen I had multiple Xbox's but have since sold them. When I go to install a game remotely, it gives me the option to install to two consoles which I don't have anymore.

I've logged into my Microsoft account and there's no Xbox's in there to delete. Any idea how I can get rid of them? I'd prefer to just have my new Series X in there as I think it's trying to automatically download games to one of those two consoles.

Have you tried going to this link?

Sign in to your account

Then click on the device you want to remove, and in the top area there should be a "Manage" button with the option to remove the console you no longer own.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Went to a Mediamarkt in my small town. They had the consoles labeled with a sheet of paper so that everything was in order. Took me about 7 minutes going in, grabbing one, paying and leaving.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Delivery person should arrive within next two hours! It's going to be a looong day. I'll try to power through my tasks for today and log off a bit earlier just to set up the console and start downloading games. ;) Hopefully I'll be able to play something today.

Unfortunately I gotta teach my class in the early afternoon. I half expect the postman to ring the bell just during class. That would be cruel. Sort of like that "I have to do this but I really want to do something else RIGHT NOW" impulse XD Anyway... Trying to finish up everything else work-related beforehand though!

Zeiretto

Oct 30, 2017
I only have money for one console and I chose PS5, but man am I hyped for all of you who're getting your next gen console today.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Damn, why am I copying all the important games to my external TODAY? That shit takes a lot of time. Should have done that yesterday...

I really hope that the console gets here after all of that is finished.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Damn, why am I copying all the important games to my external TODAY? That shit takes a lot of time. Should have done that yesterday...

Not sure if it's worth it for the enhanced games, copying them back to the Series X still requires a huge download on top to "upgrade" then. For old stuff that's just boost mode is fine though.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Arrived ten minutes ago...

xboxd8jfb.jpg

The box is much smaller than I thought.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
About 8 people in front of me at 7am at Smyth's collecting their X's

Setting up my son's before I start on mine. 😁

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017
Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm getting my console tomorrow morning, but I'd like to preload Series X games on my One X. Is it worth it to download cross-gen games to transfer over like Valhalla? Will it update with a patch? Or should I just wait to download since it'll be a separate thing?

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not sure if it's worth it for the enhanced games, copying them back to the Series X still requires a huge download on top to "upgrade" then. For old stuff that's just boost mode is fine though.
Doing it this way I'll have the most important games on the external ready to get moved onto the SSD.

Otherwise I'd have to download all of them and I might forget one or two...

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018
Do you think we will see big games from last gen get Series X|S enhancements eventually? Thinking big successes like RDR2, Monster Hunter World, that sort of thing.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
I got my series X and a copy of Yakuza from EB a couple hours ago. Was messing around with quick resume and other games and decided it was time to install Yakuza. Opened the case and there was no disc inside? Great.

Luckily EB was open til late today for the launch, but seriously?

In happier news, I noticed game clips record at 60FPS now even if you have a 1080p display.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I booked tomorrow off work in case there was a delivery delay, the thing arrives at 8.30am.

It's gunna be a long day let me tell you.

Oct 25, 2017
Console is so much lighter and smaller than I thought

I think I'm gonna be in for a huge shock on Thursday with my ps5 though

emphasis on huge