• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 11, 2017
I haven't even played a game on it yet, but I'm just setting things up and downloading a neat little indie library to go alongside Valhalla. I have to say so far this console is already so impressive to me.

The initial setup was incredibly smooth, the Game Pass library with EA Play added is ridiculous in what it offers, and everything is so damn fast. Can't wait to make the most of Quick Resume between Valhalla sessions, smaller indie games, and the odd sports game.

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is playing on an lg c9 can you check if you can see the "closed eye" with the default brightness in the calibration settings?

it seems so dark and no my black level settings is fine I've checked everything

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man I love living in Japan. Just walked in and picked one up in a random store. Series S was sold out tho.

For those with an Xbox in Japan, how is game pass here? Thinking of making a new Japanese account but I wonder if the game selection is worse. Would it be better to transfer my UK account over?

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
I may need to finally crack and get a larger external HDD drive to store my games on and transfer them over to the internal storage when I want to play a game. I've got a 4tb and 5tb USB powered drives I'm currently using with my Xbox One X but these USB powered drives are maxing out at 5TB these days. I should get a good big powered drive right? Anyone recommend a good external drive?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Man I love living in Japan. Just walked in and picked one up in a random store. Series S was sold out tho.

For those with an Xbox in Japan, how is game pass here? Thinking of making a new Japanese account but I wonder if the game selection is worse. Would it be better to transfer my UK account over?
I'm using my Mexican account, I immediately found games I wanted to buy that were not available on the Japanese store.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
The sizes of the series X updates are nearly as big as the games themselves from my experience today so far. If I had known that before spending 1hr plus copying all my games over I wouldn't have bothered and just downloaded them straight from the store instead.

Sea of thieves is the only game in my experience so far that did not need an update that was basically the full game size.
crap there goes my data cap this month lol

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking I'm going to have Tetris Effect be my first game. Should be a small download I would guess and it's the one game I was honestly truly jealous of having only an Xbone for last gen.

After that will probably check out FH4 or Gears 5 since they're fresh in my mind to compare to One X.

Any word on when Doom Eternal is getting a Series patch?

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Are there any other lunatics getting that Seagate drive? Anyone want to talk me out of it..? Just seems like a really great companion to Game Pass.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Just picked mine up. I was listening to waypoints overview of AC Valhalla and bought it with the system on impulse.

I'm back at work now but all I can really think about is heading home.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Thinking I'm going to have Tetris Effect be my first game. Should be a small download I would guess and it's the one game I was honestly truly jealous of having only an Xbone for last gen.

After that will probably check out FH4 or Gears 5 since they're fresh in my mind to compare to One X.

Any word on when Doom Eternal is getting a Series patch?
Just yesterday , they were talking about doom, they are doing a next gen patch but we don't know when and what.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any other lunatics getting that Seagate drive? Anyone want to talk me out of it..? Just seems like a really great companion to Game Pass.
it's so fucking expensive for the size. don't do it. just be judicious with what games you leave installed on your internal and use some cheap external drives for storage/older games.

a better option had to come along soon.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
Sekiro on the Series X is a revelation. Everything from frame rate to load times to latency feels fantastic.
Still need another 30 min before Gears 5 finishes downloading so I can try that out next.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
so i was considering a series s. worth it? like I look at the $300 vs $500 and I'm thinking i'd rather just buy two series S for $600. I could send one to my brother

1. how's the S? worth it?
2. any idea how sharing gamepass works? can I use my ultimate on my own series s, and have my brother add my account to their series S, log into a different account (without gold, without anything), and play my games and use my gamepass while I'm playing and using my gamepass?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
ok, so if the game has the X/S badge does that mean it has the next gen upgrades? I was looking at my borderlands 3, does that mean borderlands 3 has the series x updates already?? Thanks

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
yep ... do it!

a little bummed to hear of the latency of Elite compared to new controller

I cant imagine not using paddles but maybe I'll try to get used to it for again

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Are dynamic backgrounds un-selectable for anyone else? I can't open the menu to choose one. All that happens when I click on them is my screen flashes grey. Weirdly I still have one though, even though I can't change it?

I'm guessing this is because I was in the preview program when they accidentally enabled dynamic backgrounds for One X users even though they didn't work. I did try and use one so now I'm stuck with this?

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Because I skipped out on the Xbox One generation and I'm a huge Halo fan, this is easily the most exciting console launch ever for me. Replaying Halo is going to be pure magic - it's been forever. And I've never gotten to try Halo 4/5 either. Will be a beautiful day.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
so i was considering a series s. worth it? like I look at the $300 vs $500 and I'm thinking i'd rather just buy two series S for $600. I could send one to my brother

1. how's the S? worth it?
2. any idea how sharing gamepass works? can I use my ultimate on my own series s, and have my brother add my account to their series S, log into a different account (without gold, without anything), and play my games and use my gamepass while I'm playing and using my gamepass?
2. Make your account on your brother's Xbox as the Home console, so he can play anything offline or online, but if you want to play on your console you have to be online, that's all.
1. I think it's good if you're not using it on 4K TV but the storage is really limited, around 360 GB I think.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I woke up! Today, my Xbox Series X will arrive. No kidding, right?

Xbox DACH yesterday put up an awesome live drone show over the Cologne sky. If you want to watch it: Here it is. Worth it, I promise!

Oct 27, 2017
I have a refurbished One X at the moment with game pass. My two kids have accounts on the console as well.

what's the proper way of setting up my Series X when it arrives today so we can all play games & gamepass titles on both consoles? Is it even possible?

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017

This is what the shipping box says.

"The product is a game console that our precious Xbox customers will receive.
They didn't miss a single second to preorder this product on right time.
Dear courier! Please take care of it.
Have a safe day. Thank you."

Handle with Care.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Re: massive update patches; are the XSX/XSS making the most of download speeds? Is it noticeable compared to X1/X1X?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

This is what the shipping box says.

"The product is a game console that our precious Xbox customers will receive.
They didn't miss a single second to preorder this product on right time.
Dear courier! Please take care of it.
Have a safe day. Thank you."

Handle with Care.

lol that's really cool. Really hoping for the best for the Xbox brand this gen. The foundation is there.