• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
You're the Master of the Impossible Preorder.

Teach me your ways.

(I know, I know. "I use bots.")

I don't use bots hehe

3080 i got lucky with a snipe

ryzen5900x a friend of mine runs a small pc parts store so I had a hookup there (he hasn' received any 3080s at all)

sxs they were not too hard to get here on launc morning (australia) same with ps5 just had to be online when they announced it

Feels good tho man! Been a while since I had a huge personal haul

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
For those who transfered games, are the optimized updates essentially asking you to re-download the whole game? Trying to figure out if I should network transfer games that have optimized series x patches

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
For those who pre ordered the 1TB SSD from Best Buy, have they shipped it yet? They haven't shipped mine.

MS hasn't shipped my Play and Charge kit either.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Ok as someone who had not been a primary Xbox gamer since the 360 days I need some help. My Xbox series x will not maintain a stable internet connection.

I have it plugged in through a Ethernet cable and all is going well than randomly it will disconnect and I cannot reconnect save for power cycle everything. I thought shit maybe the Ethernet is busted but it will go an hour no troubles. So anyway I connect via wifi. Same exact problem. It will be fine than just refuse to reconnect. I noticed if I shut the Xbox down than power back up it's as good as dead for 1 minutes in terms of internet.

can anybody help it's really driving me insane and killing The hype

I should not all other devices in the house as well as the PS4 connected right next to it do not have this problem

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
I miss the days of being able to walk into a store and buying the latest product off the shelf. In Australia I can't even see a single store that'll let you even order a Series X right now. Seems like it will be at least 2021.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
32k-ish JPY. I almost buy a blue controller too, but I need to try the new d-pad first...
New D-pad feels really nice. Raised edges make it very easy to hit all directions. Also, the rough matte finish is great. Tune controller somehow feels smaller in my hands than the last one. Bumpers feel a bit more contoured and have less travel. Triggers have more resistance, same travel. Overall, really great. I had to update the firmware right away, as well.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I pick mine up in the morning.
Best Buy actually called the preorder customers to set pick up appointments with them.

For the few that have yours up and running. How long did the game transfer part take?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm looking forward to impressions in this thread. It might be a while until I get an SX.

I did get one of the new controllers (it arrived today) but haven't had much chance to do anything with it yet due to work. The d-pad seems aright so far.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
IN.

Not sure what I'm going to play Besides Destiny 2 since I just found out they delayed the next gen patch for Control which is what I was going to play :/

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I'm waiting to see if the Microsoft store has more stock at midnight. If not I'll finally give myself a break from refreshing their site and just be patient.

niaobx

Aug 3, 2020
I'm so excited that I cant sleep (5 am where I live). Feeling like a child on Christmas. UPS tracker says that I should expect the morning delivery and I really hope thats accurate!

corin7

Oct 27, 2017
My disc drive seems very loud. Will have to test it on a different disc / softer surface. Other than that first impressions are very favorable.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ok as someone who had not been a primary Xbox gamer since the 360 days I need some help. My Xbox series x will not maintain a stable internet connection.

I have it plugged in through a Ethernet cable and all is going well than randomly it will disconnect and I cannot reconnect save for power cycle everything. I thought shit maybe the Ethernet is busted but it will go an hour no troubles. So anyway I connect via wifi. Same exact problem. It will be fine than just refuse to reconnect. I noticed if I shut the Xbox down than power back up it's as good as dead for 1 minutes in terms of internet.

can anybody help it's really driving me insane and killing The hype

I should not all other devices in the house as well as the PS4 connected right next to it do not have this problem
This is a little disconcerting as sounds like the issue that plagued my One X for a long time. Was over wi-fi but same thing; would just drop connection and then refuse to connect until I did a full reboot. Hope it kicks into gear soon for you...

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Having my pickup at Best Buy scheduled for first thing in the morning so it's going to be a really tough night of sleep due to all the anxiousness lol

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Well my Series X is coming tomorrow. No idea what I will be doing with it since I have a 3090 powered PC..but I am curious nonetheless.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
This is a little disconcerting as sounds like the issue that plagued my One X for a long time. Was over wi-fi but same thing; would just drop connection and then refuse to connect until I did a full reboot. Hope it kicks into gear soon for you...

oh god don't tell me it's an issue that I may have to live with? There is no fix or should it be something I would send away for repairs? It's absolutely annoying, and I'm scared to turn my console off for fear that I would spend the next 20 minutes trying to get it to reconnect

I'm sort of hoping that it is just launch woes and everything with servers etc will just fix any issues up

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
oh god don't tell me it's an issue that I may have to live with? There is no fix or should it be something I would send away for repairs? It's absolutely annoying, and I'm scared to turn my console off for fear that I would spend the next 20 minutes trying to get it to reconnect
Unfortunately couldn't tell you with the console being new. My X1X wasn't my primary console so it was infrequent enough to where I put up with it, and at some point it stopped happening. I just assumed they did something in an update. Might be worth keeping an eye out on here and Reddit tomorrow to see if anyone reports similar. That's a real annoyance though dude, feel for you. Hope you find a streak with it working and it works itself out.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
My anxiety is killing me right now, would love to have firm times for all this stuff for people without pre orders

Obviously panicking about midnight est

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately couldn't tell you with the console being new. My X1X wasn't my primary console so it was infrequent enough to where I put up with it, and at some point it stopped happening. I just assumed they did something in an update. Might be worth keeping an eye out on here and Reddit tomorrow to see if anyone reports similar. That's a real annoyance though dude, feel for you. Hope you find a streak with it working and it works itself out.

Ah ok cool yeah I'm hoping it's just launch woes so fingers crossed it works itself out! I will give it a few days and if nothing I may send it back! Thanks though!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
man ok cool yeah I'm hoping it's just launch woes so fingers crossed! I've it a few days and if nothing I may send it back! Thanks though!
No problem and if it persists 100% worth getting them to replace. Can't see any way in which they could refuse once you've gone through whatever mind numbing "restart your router" checks they make you run through first. Hopefully won't come to that though 🤞🍀

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Excited to be part of my first console launch, even if it just the little guy. Sold my One X, put everything on a hard drive, have my expansion SSD ordered so I can move all my content into the new system and then transfer to a Series X when I can get my hands on one. In the meantime just give me quick resume!

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Xbox users in Japan probably weren't even aware it would be sold in stores. it's completely sold out online, day 1 allocation included. Amazon jp was taking orders last week for systems coming in December.. and even that sold out.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
FZCvo9y.jpg

giddy up!!!
What I feel it's called envy. Congrats on the haul.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Just popped into Gamepass and holy fuck with EA there is just a shit ton of games. I'll be testing out so much on this beast tomorrow.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I regret my indifference to putting in a reservation as soon as they were up :(

Good news is Telstra bumped me from Wave 2 -> Wave "1.5" which means I'll have it by end of next week. Original ETA was 09 December.