• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Curious about BC performance for both Rock Band 4 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Anybody heard anything on those two?

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
How does H5 look with the better texture filtering? Does it look as good as the PC version on highest settings?
Looks great, you can tell it's not X optimizes with some shimmering and texture streaming, however it looks and plays amazing. Haven't played the PC version though so I can't compare there.

Sucks the old controllers don't get that update until next year. Not sure if I'm going to switch to the new controller or continue with my Elite.

Tried my Elite Controller and yeah, that thing is getting shelved until the update. I don't feel nearly as fast as I do with this new controller. There feels like its a smidge of smudge on the sticks, if that makes sense. It's weird playing with a regular controller again though, the plastic feels so cheap by comparison to the Elite.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone preordered games digitally from Best Buy? If so, do you get the download code right away or at launch? I'm thinking this gen I'll be going digital as best as I can, but if Best Buy treats digital like physical, in terms of release, I'll just stick with the Xbox store.

My Series X is on track for tomorrow. I can't wait and am super envious of all those who have already got their system! Bummer to hear about the huge patches, though. I'd have hoped that the file sizes would be deltas and not full blown reinstalls.

does anyone know if killer instinct is gonna get a 4k patch?
It already got a 4K patch with the One X. 👍

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to get mine tomorrow, but this is definitely the weirdest console launch for me. The OS will be the same as my current Xbox and I doubt I'll use the new controller much since I have an Elite. I'm also not getting any games at launch since all I play these days is Phantasy Star Online 2. I guess I'll just keep playing that but with faster loading times. It will be nice to be all set for New Genesis, though.

Other than that, I'll probably just run through some of the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 backwards compatible games to see how they run.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
0qkyyb.jpg

Probably not enough clearance at the top but there's nowhere else atm.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just turned my Xbox One off for the last time. Feels weird!

Heading out first thing in the morning to collect my Series X from the store.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Any thoughts on the S in here? I hadn't really considered getting either Xbox console, but now that I've pretty summarily decided to not build a new PC for at least another 2-3 years, I'm kind of tempted to grab an S tonight just as a gamepass/BC machine, as something complementary to my PS5. I have a pretty big OG Xbox library as that's the only system I had as a kid, and I'd love to play through some of those again.

My only hesitation is the 1080p concerns that have been aired in some reviews. IQ is something that does reaaaaally matter to me, for better or worse, and I'm worried that I'll end up just wanting to get an X in a year once exclusives running at native 4K start hitting. Also BC titles not running at max resolution would be a bummer potentially.
Sounds like the Series X is a better bet for you honestly. If you have these feelings already the Series S ain't for you tbh.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
So i have been experiencing a number of issues with my series X today unfortunately, ranging from output signal loss (solved), graphical issues, sound issues etc. Still need to figure out why there are so many problems occurring but i don't have the time to do it now.

Edit: After some more testing a number of issues i was experiencing seem to have disappeared after changing display output from 120Hz to 60Hz.

Last edited:

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
So i have been experiencing a number of issues with my series X today unfortunately, ranging from output signal loss (solved), graphical issues, sound issues etc. Still need to figure out why there are so many problems occurring but i don't have the time to do it now.

Not sure whether it's still a thing or not.. but Microsoft used to complain if you had your console plugged into a surge protector.

Might want to try directly connecting to a wall socket if possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'll just use 4k 60 even though I have a TV that has 1440 120/VRR (hdmi 2.0). I like the hdr/atmos and can't figure out how to get decent audio without connecting to my receiver.

I had formatted/traded in my xbox one before I saved any data, so it was pretty nice that my saves loaded via the cloud.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shipped, so now I wait. Currently, set to deliver next Monday (hoping it comes this Friday).

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I laid my one x to rest tonight by playing some THPS1&2. Goodnight sweet prince.....you served me well.

A new generation starts tomorrow :)

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest things I noticed immediately was the improved controller latency,. Playing Halo 5, I felt there was greater response on the controller where everything had a snappier feel to it. I'm sure I'll have my mind blown when I get to play some X optimized games, but it's funny that's the first thing I noticed.
Sucks the old controllers don't get that update until next year. Not sure if I'm going to switch to the new controller or continue with my Elite.
Tried my Elite Controller and yeah, that thing is getting shelved until the update. I don't feel nearly as fast as I do with this new controller. There feels like its a smidge of smudge on the sticks, if that makes sense. It's weird playing with a regular controller again though, the plastic feels so cheap by comparison to the Elite.

Oh man, really? I bought an Elite Series 2 a few months ago since they said it'd work on Series X, but if the latency is worse than the stock Series X controller (at least until the update) that's disappointing.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the strategy to prep for this? Transfer games I want to an external, then do the Series X set-up and then transfer those games from the external to the Series X?

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
So what's the strategy to prep for this? Transfer games I want to an external, then do the Series X set-up and then transfer those games from the external to the Series X?

The sizes of the series X updates are nearly as big as the games themselves from my experience today so far. If I had known that before spending 1hr plus copying all my games over I wouldn't have bothered and just downloaded them straight from the store instead.

Sea of thieves is the only game in my experience so far that did not need an update that was basically the full game size.

Apr 30, 2019
The sizes of the series X updates are nearly as big as the games themselves from my experience today so far. If I had known that before spending 1hr plus copying all my games over I wouldn't have bothered and just downloaded them straight from the store instead.

Sea of thieves is the only game in my experience so far that did not need an update that was basically the full game size.

Good to know. That only applies to games optimized for Series X though right? Like I should transfer games like Halo 5 and some OG Xbox games?

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
SSX 3's audio is bugged for me, some of the sounds are missing (scrolling through menus, board sounds, etc.) also it looks like it doesn't support Auto HDR either :(

EDIT: It's 120hz, for some reason SSX 3's audio bugs out when my Series X is in 120hz mode, it works fine when set to 60hz.

SUPER EDIT: Fixed it!!!, the audio was set to 7.1 for some reason, switched it to stereo uncompressed and everything works fine now

Last edited:

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Walked into the store, picked up my Series S, literally no one was buying an Xbox. If you see MS sold 500 consoles in Japan, mine is one of them, lol.