• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
IMG-0456.png

skelebox time.​

This is..... welp, excited for tomorrow! :)

Oct 25, 2017
First Xbox in 13 years, excited to jump back in and experience GamePass and Microsoft Studios' XBO library for the first time. So excited!

nearly same for me, i skipped the entire xbo gen. but they got me in with their auto hdr backwards compat and console game pass. i have pc game pass but they seem to focus a little more on console game pass

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That's a pretty lack-luster OP, coming from a mod nonetheless. But I do like the title, so well done.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I put my current Banjo playthrough on hold to pick it up in 4k/60 on the Series X. Also can't wait to play VP: Trouble in Paradise.

Much to my embarrassment as an enormous fan of Rare and Banjo-Kazooie, I've never played Tooie either so I'm really looking forward to revisiting the first and then getting a new one (well, new for me!)

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Happy for you all and hope to hear many impressions while I play the waiting game for more stock, 😭

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That difference. Series S is already racing when One s is still at the splash screens starting the game lol.

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019
Sorry, you mean we should copy the games from a drive otherwise you will run into a bunch of updates? Or that despite copying from a drive, there are still a ton of updates?

Sorry should have been more specific. I have OG xbox and moved all the games to external HD. Once I connected it and copied the games over anything that previously got patched for Xbox One X or has a new patch for Xbox Series X requires an update once you try to start the game ( It doesnt come up when you check for updates in My Games & Apps ) . I am not complaining, it is just smart delivery working as expected. It is just some updates can be beefy, so when you copy forza horizon over ( 60GB ) it well need to down 29GB update. First 10 games I copied all needed big updates. I expect that this is not an issue for people going from Xbox One X to XSX.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm shaking my fist at Target for bumping back the arrival day for my SSD from today to the 16th. Buncha' goobers.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Can't wait to get my Series X tomorrow!
Assassin's Creed is already here.

OT title should have been: "Why So Series?"

Pissed about the Planet Coaster announcement, but I hope it's a quickie that disappears after 2 months or so, so that my pre-ordered physical version will be useful after all.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry should have been more specific. I have OG xbox and moved all the games to external HD. Once I connected it and copied the games over anything that previously got patched for Xbox One X or has a new patch for Xbox Series X requires an update once you try to start the game ( It doesnt come up when you check for updates in My Games & Apps ) . I am not complaining, it is just smart delivery working as expected. It is just some updates can be beefy, so when you copy forza horizon over ( 60GB ) it well need to down 29GB update. First 10 games I copied all needed big updates. I expect that this is not an issue for people going from Xbox One X to XSX.
Oh dear. I am in your position. Was hoping HDD transfer would have avoided this. Oh well

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Pissed about the Planet Coaster announcement, but I hope it's a quicky that disappears after 2 months or so, so that my pre-ordered physical version will be useful after all.
Min time for a game in gamepass is 3 months. :)

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine this morning!!!

Must say though keep having errors updating it's a little annoying but it's so nice looking!

got 14 days Game pass Ultimate with the controller but nothing with the console which was strange

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018

Pissed about the Planet Coaster announcement, but I hope it's a quicky that disappears after 2 months or so, so that my pre-ordered physical version will be useful after all.
I get being frustrated that they didn't announce it sooner, allowing you to make a more informed purchasing decision, but hoping something gets taken away from other people to make yourself feel better seems petty and shitty.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Min time for a game in gamepass is 3 months. :)

Ok 3 months, I'll allow it, but I better not see it there in April anymore. 😤

I get being frustrated that they didn't announce it sooner, allowing you to make a more informed purchasing decision, but hoping something gets taken away from other people to make yourself feel better seems petty and shitty.

The thing is, I don't want to cancel it now either (what many other do now, which I would say is more shitty ;)), cause I like to have this physically and to support the company for a game port like this.... And I know exactly the second I give it back it will be a short one and that will suck in 3 months then. 😅
I don't actually know what the best solution would be here, everything feels unsatisfied now. 😅

Coztoomba

Oct 28, 2017
Picking up mine after work. My plan is set it up, start some games off downloading, take a nap, play. I didn't feel it was worth a day off for.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like my console is coming tomorrow! If only I can find some time to play this week!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Can't wait to get my system tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and state that all of us should prepare for Xbox Live to absolutely crap out some tomorrow.

🤣 😆

It is going to get HAMMERED, and I don't want to see anyone in here surprised.

Hoping I am surprised and don't have to break this out...

200.gif

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
My S delivery time also changed from tomorrow at 4:30pm to 8pm. Im just happy the wait is over. X or S Next gen is here for everyone.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Hopefully getting mine tomorrow! I'll just have Game Pass on Day 1, but Yakuza and Assassin's Creed are coming at somepoint this week from the Target B2G1.

Was a huge 360 guy, I have so much nostalgia for that system, but went PS4 this gen and only briefly owned a XBONE around Halo 5's launch before selling it towards my Switch. It's going to be fun going back into this ecosystem for both new experiences and some stuff I missed.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Picking up here in Aus in 3 hours! Really hope all the new Game Pass games are added to the store by then...

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
My card got stolen recently and when I updated the payment to my new card it got cancelled. Even though It was preparing to ship and the old card was clearly not attempted to be charged yet but once I flipped it it cancelled the order apparently.

So no Series X or me for awhile.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
So excited! Mine shipped from Microsoft but tracking hasn't been updated since yesterday when it was in Memphis, I'm in Canada. Getting a little worried I won't get it tomorrow :(

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019
Oh dear. I am in your position. Was hoping HDD transfer would have avoided this. Oh well
Some of them are XSX enhancements which I would have expected. Depending on your connection it could almost be worthwhile downloading instead of transferring. The outer worlds was 25GB install before but I think the update was >30GB. Small bit of pain but not a big deal.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Anyone know if Nier Replicant is optimised for Series X?

I assume if lucky it'll be optimised for One X and that's the advantage you'll get as well as faster load times on Series X

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Can somebody help me out and make sure I'm understanding the bulk of this article correctly? If I can avoid queuing up a million downloads tomorrow night / Wednesday AM, that would be lovely:

kotaku.com

How To Move Your Xbox One Stuff Onto Your Xbox Series X Or S

Making the leap from one console generation to the next is always a fraught proposition. You’re moving on from years of tangible memories—beloved games, hard-earned save data—that, historically, haven’t been so easy to preserve. Thankfully, if you’re migrating from an Xbox One to an Xbox Series...

From my understanding, I should be able to:
  • Download the games I want (Gears Tactics, DOOM, Ace Combat, etc.) onto my Xbox One, right now, in this moment
  • Wait
  • Receive Xbox Series X
  • Plug in, sign in, all that good shit
  • Do a 15-minute over-the-network file transfer from my Xbox One to my Series X
Is that correct? Would I receive the enhanced version of the game via Smart Delivery? I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve me and 500 billion people attacking the servers tomorrow evening and Wednesday morning.
Yeah that's my game plan too. Currently doing a last round of updates on my One X, then doing the network transfer tomorrow (but I have an HDD as a backup plan). I really hope that I won't have to download huge updates going from One X to Series X as my internet is kinda shitty.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping that Yakuza and Dirt 5 arrive on time. Post your launch haul in this topic, people, once it's ready!