• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The title pretty much says it all. I was curious why the other thread surrounding this topic was closed and the final post read something along the lines of this belongs in the official thread.

Nope.

Politics are invading your gamez. Deal with it. Relugating cross boundary threads to an OT seems suspect.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. It's a conversation derived from content within Death Stranding, not a thread about Death Stranding itself. OTs should be saved for stuff like "oh cool I got the new upgrade" or "hey what did you guys think about this story bit"? An actual conversation could be made from the Orange Evilman thread. I can understand Mod's wishes to not have the front page be exclusively threads about the most menial Death Stranding stuff, but come on. Locking that thread is just getting in the way of a thought provoking conversation. Where were all these locks when FFXIV Shadowbringer came out and we got three threads an hour telling me about why FFXIV is the best game of all time?

Thread should be unlocked.
unlock my shitpost thread about all the Mads in Death Stranding too pls.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
User banned (1 day): Inflammatory commentary
Should've made a thread insulting Kojima and accusing reviewers of being biased. That's the only thing that's allowed here.

May 17, 2018
Can't blame the mods for being lock-happy lately. There are like, 19 Pokemon and Death Stranding threads on the main page every day.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird that a thread like that is locked, what was the reason? Just keep the discussion in OT?

Oct 27, 2017
Politics are indeed in games, and have been forever. Are you triggered because the other post mentioned Trump and it was deleted? Would you be equally outraged if it was anyone else?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
idk, I agree with the mods. There is a reason we have OTs. Need more OTs for reoccurring topics imo.

At least we have the ignore thread button at least.

Oct 27, 2017
I think that threads are being locked because the game is still fresh. Without some kind of rules, we could have an entire front page full of people's thoughts on Death Stranding and I can assure you, not everyone cares about Death Stranding. This is being caught in that cross fire, I doubt they are trying to silence the politics in gaming discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.