• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Concerning the credit questions on the last page, I imagine any updated rereleases could fix the screen credits, but that would require one of the films to get one (a director's cut or updated rerelease, I mean).

On the one hand there could be REALLY cheap tech available now/in the future to fix the two bits of credits (opening and ending) with little cost and issue, but I don't think movie studios will go and fix it for the sake of it, and there might be some weird union rules for re-editing movies or credits like that.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Own your truth, bro. He really grew into the role in the S2 of umbrella academy.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think he knpws what he's getting into when he announced this news.
I mean, you can be trans without any intent of undergoing surgery. Elliot is the kind of person who constantly is outspoken for the people who don't have a voice and I could him speaking up either way. It's really not our business.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I mean, you can be trans without any intent of undergoing surgery. Elliot is the kind of person who constantly is outspoken for the people who don't have a voice and I could him speaking up either way. It's really not our business.
Jebus, you don't have to go straight to surgery. I was implying hormone treatment.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jebus, you don't have to go straight to surgery. I was implying hormone treatment.

Coming from a trans person here: the details of what a person does or does not do for their transition is never, ever your concern- whether that's surgery, hormones or anything else. You just don't ask that kind of question. If you didn't know when you first asked, that's okay. But now you're doubling down and for future reference, you should know that that's not acceptable. Please respect the privacy of trans people, and understand that our genders are what we say they are, regardless of any actions we choose or choose not to take with our bodies.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia; prior severe bans for defending ableist rhetoric and for racist generalizations.
Coming from a trans person here: the details of what a person does or does not do for their transition is never, ever your concern- whether that's surgery, hormones or anything else. You just don't ask that kind of question. If you didn't know when you first asked, that's okay. But now you're doubling down and for future reference, you should know that that's not acceptable. Please respect the privacy of trans people, and understand that our genders are what we say they are, regardless of any actions we choose or choose not to take with our bodies.
Hey, if you want to be private, I'm all for it. But then he is not afraid to be more forward with the information, otherwise one would not make a huge announcement. It seems to me he is not against making the facts known. It's natural for people to be curious when you make an announcement like that. If he is looking for privacy, he would tell us. You don't have to speak for him.

You can be private or you can be public. You can't be in public eye, have a career that requires publicity and then cry foul when people are curious about the thing that you announce. You can't have it both ways. If he says noneya, then that's fine, but I don't think if YOU should be automatically be speaking for him just because you are also trans. I don't speak for all Asians nor should I. Maybe he has different feeling about it and raise awareness. Did you ask him?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, if you want to be private, I'm all for it. But then he is not afraid to be more forward with the information, otherwise one would not make a huge announcement. It seems to me he is not against making the facts known. It's natural for people to be curious when you make an announcement like that. If he is looking for privacy, he would tell us. You don't have to speak for him.

You can be private or you can be public. You can't be in public eye, have a career that requires publicity and then cry foul when people are curious about the thing that you announce. You can't have it both ways. If he says noneya, then that's fine, but I don't think if YOU should be automatically be speaking for him just because you are also trans. I don't speak for all Asians nor should I. Maybe he has different feeling about it and raise awareness. Did you ask him?
It's exactly as much or as little as the person wants to make it. No one should expect or ask for more.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

That is absolutely not our concern, he wants to be recognized as who he is, so he states as much. Beyond that, it really doesn't matter. Why do you think it matters?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

You're not getting it. Trans people have to deal with people asking about their transition and therapy status all the time and it's bananas inappropriate. You'd never think it's okay to just ask anyone else about the nature of their genitalia or what therapies they might be on. It doesn't matter how public they are, unless they're volunteering the info, it's just plain no one's business.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not going to respond to this in much detail because it's clearly not worth it, but you ought to know this is what people call a transphobic rant. And I absolutely can guarantee you that there's not a single trans person on this site who can read your post and not see it for exactly what it is.

That you think you're owed information he didn't already provide in his announcement (that I'm sure he spent no small amount of time preparing to say exactly what he wanted to say) is just another example of how many simply refuse to allow trans people ownership of our own bodies. Everybody wants to know what we've done to ourselves, how far we've gone and how far we're going to go. As if there's some arbitrary metric that will prove "yes, we are trans enough". None of that is your business. If Elliot Page wants to share that info, he will. But that information is to be volunteered by him, not probed for by outsiders. When you do that, you make it harder for all of us.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, if you want to be private, I'm all for it. But then he is not afraid to be more forward with the information, otherwise one would not make a huge announcement. It seems to me he is not against making the facts known. It's natural for people to be curious when you make an announcement like that.
Not really, no. That's an issue you have. To the point that it's a bit sus' now.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This should go without saying but...

I guess he started the physical transformation already?
I think he knpws what he's getting into when he announced this news.

... this is exactly the kind of logic that's used as justifications for harassing trans folks.

Trans people have a right to privacy, especially regarding medical issues. Things like our deadnames? Our medical status and history? Any surgeries we've had done? And so on?

That's up to us if we want to share, and only us. If Eliot wants to share, he'll chose to do so on his own terms.

You don't have a right to know.

Period.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
lol it took me way to long to realize who this was talking about.

Congrats to him.

Also people what's in *anyone's* pants cis or trans has nothing to do with you unless you're sleeping with that person. Jesus. What is wrong with some people.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might wanna edit your post to make it clear that the "she" you're talking about is Elliot's partner.

Agreed.

I have no tolerance for intentional misgendering. It's shitty and it happens frequently. My first reaction was "are you fucking serious, come on" but I wanted to be thoughtful before I commented so I checked Toadstool's previous post.

I hope I'm not wrong.

Yeah I'm sorry. It's a few weeks later but wanted to clarify It was a badly worded post. Will be better and more carful about that. No intention to misgender Elliot or anything of the sort.

Sorry for any harm caused. Always happy to do better.