• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
So all the movie credits have to be changed now, right?
I would assume not, that would be very extreme. In re-releases they should obviously change it though, similar to what they did with the Wachowski's, who were originally credited as The Wachowski Brothers, then the Wachowski's and I think the most recent Matrix releases refer to them as The Wachowski Sisters.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah, trans lives matter. he's a great actor! looking forward to their work!

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I accepted this news so readily that for a second it was almost lost on me how monumental it is. Huge congrats to Elliot on their journey towards being and loving their true self.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This is awesome, congrats for him!

Really interested to see the eyes this will bring on the trans community. It feels like it's been a while since we've had a celebrity of this stature come out, if ever.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool news. Gaycation already talked about trans issues, but it would be interesting seeing another season from this perspective.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
"The doctor gave me some news today"

"Oh? What did they say?"
I always find it funny when people are confused by this. Not that they're stupid or it's a bad question or anything, but intellectually when thinking about the pronoun gramatically, a lot of us think of it as plural. Meanwhile, it's used in a singular context constantly by nearly everyone.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Serious question and I mean no disrespect.

Elliot IDs as Trans and Queer. Would that mean that he likes men?
That's a fair question and I understand the concern of how it can come off.

Queer does not exclusively refer to preference of partner but also refer to gender identity.
Queer is an umbrella term that captures a broad spectrum of non-normative gender identity and sexual preference.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
Gratulations! I know a lot of people know and look up to them, so hopefully this will help and inspire many others to come to terms with their own gender identity.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
This is awesome, congrats for him!

Really interested to see the eyes this will bring on the trans community. It feels like it's been a while since we've had a celebrity of this stature come out, if ever.
not only this, but page is 10000x better as a celebrity representative for the trans community than that fucking asshole, caitlyn jenner

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Grats to the dude, he was awesome in TUA
Was just commenting on his excellent performance in Season 2 (I'm watching it for the first time right now). Elliot is a stand-out. He, Klaus and the actor who plays Number 5 are awesome.

I haven't finished the season yet tho, no spoilers!

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I almost said the same thing but ST's previous post used the correct pronouns. I think it's a just clumsily worded post, it looks like they are referring to Elliot's partner as "she".
I guess that makes sense, but a wildly vague post to make for sure
EDIT: No, wait. " her gender preferences aren't the same" doesn't make sense if it's about his partner, because the preferences in question are Elliot's?

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume not, that would be very extreme. In re-releases they should obviously change it though, similar to what they did with the Wachowski's, who were originally credited as The Wachowski Brothers, then the Wachowski's and I think the most recent Matrix releases refer to them as The Wachowski Sisters.

I think that depends on the individual.

There was another trans man from another field of work who wanted his previous credits to remain under his older name, but Elliot might think differently.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for him. It's a pretty important milestone, and I'd imagine a scary one, to come out in public and I can't think of any reason to wish him anything other than the best.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Serious question and I mean no disrespect.

Elliot IDs as Trans and Queer. Would that mean that he likes men?

Should be noted that queer can sometimes just mean "outside of gender norms" (like how he also accepts they pronoums)

It is common for trans people to expand their knowledge on their own sexuality as they become more open to their real selves, so it is possible now that he discovers to be bisexual, but I think queer here just means "don't put me in a binary box"

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
she's a woman. her gender preferences aren't the same
I almost said the same thing but ST's previous post used the correct pronouns. I think it's a just clumsily worded post, it looks like they are referring to Elliot's partner as "she".
I guess that makes sense, but a wildly vague post to make for sure
Agreed.

I have no tolerance for intentional misgendering. It's shitty and it happens frequently. My first reaction was "are you fucking serious, come on" but I wanted to be thoughtful before I commented so I checked Toadstool's previous post.

I hope I'm not wrong.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should be noted that queer can sometimes just mean "outside of gender norms" (like how he also accepts they pronoums)

It is common for trans people to expand their knowledge on their own sexuality as they become more open to their real selves, so it is possible now that he discovers to be bisexual, but I think queer here just means "don't put me in a binary box"

Yeah for my sexuality I just use queer for myself these days because it's way too difficult to properly explain to others, and my understanding of it changes pretty frequently. It's a really effective descriptor in the meantime.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome to see him go from Trailer Park Boys to stardom, and feeling comfortable in himself to come out. Great Canadian actor, that's awesome.

This could mean a lot for Hollywood too.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good for him! That's awesome! Can't believe it's easy coming out as trans with an active Hollywood career.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
His Instagram and Twitter usernames have updated, that was fast. It's awesome this is getting so much support and giving visibility to trans people.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Congrats for Elliot, really happy for him. Genuinely made me smaile seeing the news in these dark times, to me atleast, it seemed like a bit of someone shareing good news.

Asfor the inevitable trolls, TERF's and Transphobes, meh their way of life is dying off, the dying cries of biggots don't need attention

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
This is a courageous move for someone who works in an industry that may not be ready to embrace the reality of this. My hope is that this has no ill effects on his career, but rather is another critical step toward acceptance and understanding by society as a whole (I know we are a long way off, but I think actions like this help facilitate progress in the right direction).

Incidentally, I always flip past the Umbrella Academy and never give it much thought. Today I learned it's actually Oscar-nominated?

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Genuine question, when is the academy going to change their awards from simply best actor/best actress? It has to be weird to have a "best actress" nomination on your credits. They demand change in terms of diversity for oscar qualifications but don't change any themselves.