• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
You know, even if he doesn't look exactly like him, I prefer for someone who actually wants to be snake to do it, he seems to really want the role and that's more important to me since it generally translates in real passion and it shows. I support this.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Oscar Isaac is way above a MGS film and ya'll are saying no? One wanting fucking Gerard Butler instead? Boy oh boy.

Great actor, chiseled features, looks the part, super charismatic, right age range and honestly, who cares if he differs somewhat anyway? Snake is a pretty blank slate.
I agree with everything but Snake being a blnk slate. He's a full character with an arc and motivation and everything.

OP
OP
Extremely Solid
Jun 4, 2018
It's hard to say what the MGS movie would even cover. My hope is an adaptation of MG1, but that's probably wishful thinking; I believe leaving Solid in the tenative title is more for branding purposes than an indication of the movie translating MGS1, or any other Solid game, but again, who knows...

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
He's a bit too old for MGS1 "young" snake, but I would not say no to such casting choice. He's a great actor, and script does not need to be 1:1 with the game.

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
D0yZsxoXQAAIiZ1.jpg:large

D0yhqm8UcAIkPg8.jpg:large

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Oscar Isaac is a great actor with a lot of charisma.

I have zero expectations for this movie but I would certainly be excited to see him cast as Snake. No one is going to nail Hayter's voice so they might as well go with a good actor that can deliver their own take.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
Is anyone bothered by this director not even really being attached to a MGS film, but talks about it like he is ?

He also seems to be pretty hard on kojimas nuts lol. I understand the passion but nothing ive seen from him looks like he could pull it off besides being a huge fan

He's been pushing for this film for years, trying to get Sony to green light him. No-one else is stepping up to the plate so good luck to him.

Jun 17, 2018
Nope, Hugh Jackman or Gerard Butler would be much better.

No to both of these, Gerard Butler couldn't put on the accent and has questionable acting skills and Hugh Jackman could probably do it, I just don't feel like he suits the role in my opinion.

Oscar Isaac is a great actor and the only person off the top of my head that could likely pull it off in a respectable way. Either way, the movie would be garbage. It's meant to be played (even though there are a lot of cutscenes).

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yes, if he can do a somewhat gravely voice (probably doesn't need to be as exaggerated as in the games).

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What about Wyatt Russell?

Recently watched Overlord and he was great in that and he looks really similar to his dad (Kurt Russell), get Kurt Russell for big boss, it'd be a great throwback too since Snake is based on Kurt Russell's Snake Plissken from Escape from NY (even to the point that they almost got sued by canalplus but John Carpenter didn't want them to go after Metal Gear because Kojima was nice to him and he liked him).
Wyatt-Russell1.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit academic considering how this basically has barely the remotest of hopes of turning out any good, despite what I'm sure are the best of intentions from the director apparent, but I would a million times over prefer a good actor land the role than a shite one who merely looks and sounds the part. Oscar's got talent; I can't say that of many others I imagine could be offered the role.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
He could DEFINITELY pull it off, one of the most exciting ideas for casting I've heard so far. From what Jordan has been saying about the script it sounds like Isaac wouldn't just be playing Solid Snake, but Big Boss as well.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Dude's a bit too short, also haven't heard his voice ever go deep like David's.

Chris Evans with a beard, yes.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
What about Wyatt Russell?

Recently watched Overlord and he was great in that and he looks really similar to his dad (Kurt Russell), get Kurt Russell for big boss, it'd be a great throwback too since Snake is based on Kurt Russell's Snake Plissken from Escape from NY (even to the point that they almost got sued by canalplus but John Carpenter didn't want them to go after Metal Gear because Kojima was nice to him and he liked him).
Wyatt-Russell1.jpg

nah he needs to do Escape 3 as the OG inspiration, Snake Plissken.

Jan 10, 2018
Not sure. He doesn't have that intense and rough look that makes the character. I always thought that Jackman was a good choice:

http:///0rjd.jpg

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Lol Oscar Isaac is way above a MGS film and ya'll are saying no? One wanting fucking Gerard Butler instead? Boy oh boy.

Great actor, chiseled features, looks the part, super charismatic, right age range and honestly, who cares if he differs somewhat anyway? Snake is a pretty blank slate.

Nah dude I want the guy from the bad action movies and ROM coms instead sorry.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Robin Wright is a good pick for The Boss. I could also see Cate Blanchett or Lena Headey in the role.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
i just don't see it.
The only thing that he somewhat gets right is the hairstyle but barely.
Hugh Jackman is a pipe dream but i think he is the best for the role.