• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oscar Isaac, currently on screens as hotshot pilot Poe Dameron in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, has closed a deal to star in and produce The Great Machine, Legendary's adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan's Eisner Award-winning comic book title, Ex Machina.

Isaac will produce alongside his longtime manager and producer Jason Spire. The two worked together previously to produce MGM's Operation Finale. Vaughan the prolific creator behind Y: The Last Man, Saga and Paper Girl, is also producing.

The comic, which Vaughan made with artist Tony Harris, debuted in 2004, running for 50 issues under DC Comics imprint Wildstorm. It centered on Mitchell Hundred, a former superhero who becomes the mayor of New York City after 9/11. Hundred had the power to talk to mechanical devices but the comic was concerned less about superheroics than issues of government and political leadership.

understandably, the film will be called "The Great Machine", since some asshole made a movie called "Ex Machina" years ago.

Jsunu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CfioVnD.gif

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
That is pretty cool. I am wondering if they are gonna go all the way with one of the major plot points in the comic. This has potential to be a very controversial film.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
I loved this comic, so I'm very much looking forward to this.

And for those commenting that he was already in a movie of the same name, this is different. This was a comic about Mayor Hundred, formerly known as The Great Machine, a man who was given the power to communicate with and control machines. He had a short-lived heroic career that was capped off by a rather momentous event and later ran for and won the mayor's race for New York City as an independent. The comic was about his time as mayor with frequent flashbacks to his earlier heroic career.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh, very nice. This is more promising than the TV adaptation of Y: The Last Man, my favourite comic which I fear will be butchered....

Ex Machina has a crazy ending, I wonder if the movie will go the same route...

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a long time since I read this, but I thought it got repetitive real fast and the political situations were rather dumb or poorly represented.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
It's a Brian K Vaughn comic, it's... OK. I have no idea how he got to be such a revered author.