• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
They're probably looking for a story that makes some sort of sense, so they'll never find one.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Has this thing actually been announced. I know there's a director attached too but whenever it's brought up it sounds like they're trying to drum up interest for it.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Did Vogt-Roberts say they already had a script, from Trevorrow's usual co-writer?

Sounds like that's been thrown out.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
this is actually good news because it implies they're actually not trying to do the stupid thing and just retell the game's story.

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
I predict it's going to be a mess any which way.. Would love to be proven wrong.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
If I was a movie studio I want a start that makes sense and sets up the next movies, a ton of adjustments would be needed to be made even for MGS1.
sure. MGS1 is still easy to explain, but of course it would need some adjustments for the latter ones. good luck for them on 2 and 3, rofl.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Love Oscar Isaac but he's gonna be pushing 50 by the time they start filming this...

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be Isaac trapped in a duct for the entire film talking on the codec about the military complex, philosophy and hentai.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
They really should base it on the original Metal Gear 1. The MGS games themselves are too complex for a 2 hour movie. MG1 has a stripped back story and can focus on the characters.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
They're probably looking for a story that makes some sort of sense, so they'll never find one.

They should streamline and combine the stories of MG and MG2, start with Solid Snake going to find missing Frank Jaeger, and end with minefield fistfight with Big Boss. That will give them a nice way to tell origin of Snake, show hints of Cyborg Ninja, have fight against a simple Metal Gear, and give Big Boss a chance to tell Snake that his entire life he was a puppet of a shadow organization that is controlling the US, that has vilified his anti-war efforts, and even stole his DNA to make a artificial batch of warriors.

If that's not enough for a nice action movie, nothing is. And as a bonus, that gives them excellent jumping off point to place sequel on fan-favorite Shadow Moses.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Searching for a story ? Just go back to the msx metal gears and make a simple action film and then make metal gear solid the 2nd film.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Star Citizen is going to come out with 1.0 before this movie ever does.

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but it's impossible to take the Metal Gear Solid storyline and cram it into a 2 hour movie.

It's going to be missing so many details and elements of the overall narrative.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm good with it not happening

There was something glorious about MGS1 that I really don't think a 2 hour movie of 'the narrative bits' would capture

The idea of someone like Nic Cage though hamming up lines like 'BROOOOTTTTHHHEER' would leave me open to see it though

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
If he's cast as Solid Snake that should mean he's also Liquid Snake. I remember a few years back Vogt-Roberts mentioning wanting an R rating but needing the budget of a PG-13 movie. This might be where the script needs work.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I hope they're able to come up with something good, but I really cannot see this ever becoming a reality

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
People out here wondering when we're gonna get a Solid Snake movie. I'm wonder when we finally gonna get our prequel to All About the Benjamins following Francesco!

I wonder how many people will catch the deep cut haha.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
MGS1 can totally be adapted in a movie guys, it's like saying Book adaptations can't be done because it's full of detail. MGS1's script is not even close to novel sized

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Sony should just get Ruben Fleischer to direct this, only way it's finally going to get made lol

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ridley Scott, Raised by Wolves creators and Hideo Kojima present Metal Gear Solid.

😎😱🤨😇😈😒😩😮🤣🤔