• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
It's crazy how much he's blown up. The Pony LP is easily my favorite LP of the year.

It's basically Chris Isaak meets Morrissey via Gunfighter Ballads. And quickly becoming a queer icon.

Peck first discovered country music at the age of 14, referencing vaguely that he grew up in the Southern hemisphere in a rural area. (Peck refers to his musical career as a "project.") His voice is sturdy with an almost sinister tinge of vibrato, accompanied by a plucky guitar. Everything about his look has a hint of that edge. The brim of his cowboy hat is rigidly upturned, flipped up like devil's horns. He wears his belts low. His denim pants are patchworked and have fringe scaling down the sides; his cowboy chaps come supersized.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
This thread just reminded me he was coming to a venue two seconds away from me and it was last Thursday :((((

This dude fucking rules

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
He really is incredible and it is great seeing him get some recognition. When I first discovered him there was definitely a feeling of "Well this is another great artist who will never get their due." but thankfully here we are instead.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

Made me fall in love with him

I've been waiting for a modern version of this twangy nostalgic vibe for a very long time and here comes Orville sauntering up with all of it. The David Lynch influence in the video is the massive cherry on top.

And spot on with the Chris Isaak vibe, OP. I also adore him.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see Orville doing so well. Hopefully he gets on mainstream country radio and ushers in some changes.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Time to revive this thread! Fantastic video, I'm very excited for the new album. If any of you are interested he's been doing streams and they are fantastic!

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orville is really out of this world. Discovered his stuff awhile ago.

His whole vibe and sound give me a similar vibe to what Matt Johnson of The The crafted with his Hanky Panky album of Hank Williams songs. Orville just takes it to the next level with queer cowboy realness.

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I'm loving the rise of gay country at the moment. Orville, Trixie Mattel etc

Dead of Night is lowkey one of the best songs I've heard in a long time

Summertime is awesome as well!

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

His voice really is amazing. I'm all about that queer cowboy vibe. If you all are interested his streams have really been fun to watch.