• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017

I am excited to see how it performs after hearing people having issues with it on Xbox.

Did anyone download it yet?
I hope DF does a video on it if it does indeed hold 60fps.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
it had huge framerate problems at launch on Xbox, I hope it won't happen again because the game is amazing and deserves a smooth and stable 60 fps performance.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, the Switch version of the original performed better than my PC version ever did. I had trouble with frame pacing on PC.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Their switch support has been amazing. Can't wait to start this one! What a crazy month September has been for gaming... after such a lousy first half of the year!

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._to_get_the_sequel_running_at_60fps_on_switch

"We love the Switch! But right now we don't have anything to share when it comes to Ori and the Will of the Wisps port. If it were to ever happen though I can tell you that it would be extremely difficult port to make it run at 60fps that's for sure!"

famous-characters-troll-face-challenge-accepted-256559.jpg

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
My fat Xbox One crashed about a dozen times playing this. Very interested in the performance of this port.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
No, we mean docked AND handheld. It's awesome :)
That's awesome indeed !

Are you able to share on what happened between now and the AMA two months ago :
We love the Switch! But right now we don't have anything to share when it comes to Ori and the Will of the Wisps port. If it were to ever happen though I can tell you that it would be extremely difficult port to make it run at 60fps that's for sure!

Does the optimisation work on making the game 120 FPS on Series X is linked to that or is that two completely differents versions?

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Anyone who is even on the fence about buying this: get off the dang fence and buy it! Preferably only if you've already finished the first one because it will really add to the emotional impact of the story in WotW.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
That's awesome indeed !

Are you able to share on what happened between now and the AMA two months ago :

Does the optimisation work on making the game 120 FPS on Series X is linked to that or is that two completely differents versions?
Nothing wrong with the AMA, Gennadiy just said that it'd be VERY difficult to get it to run at 60fps and it really was... It was damn hard to make it run this smooth on the Switch. But we've grown so much as a studio and our Tech Team is pretty nuts. And yeah, we just optimized the hell out of it and the Xbox Series X version benefits from some of the same optimizations.

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely surprised. The game didn't run that great around launch on Xbox. Did they fix the Xbox One version?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yeah yeah, I heard that before and then they never managed to get the Xbox One X stable, like at all.

(Last checked 2 months ago but I don't believe anything happened since then)

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Nothing wrong with the AMA, Gennadiy just said that it'd be VERY difficult to get it to run at 60fps and it really was... It was damn hard to make it run this smooth on the Switch. But we've grown so much as a studio and our Tech Team is pretty nuts. And yeah, we just optimized the hell out of it and the Xbox Series X version benefits from some of the same optimizations.
(I wasn't asking it in a "did they lied" mood)

Thanks for the answer and big kudos on the tech team :)

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Not Digital Foundry, but SwitchUp (a great channel btw) just posted their review, they always incorporate some tech analysis. For this it's just fps though. A near constant 60fps with some drops going to 55 when there's a lot happening, but they are very minor.