• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • 95-99

Votes: 155 9.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 863 54.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 453 28.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 47 3.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 8 0.5%
  • under 75

Votes: 13 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 17, 2018
Sounds great, I really should give the first game another shot at some point. Something just didn't click with me, which sucks because I loved Hollow Knight and this is very similar from what I could see.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
InFyMo4.jpg

Didnt knew xboxera made ori
Why are those moon studios fellas getting the credit then?

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
Here's ours
Looks like everyone else is ignoring the horrible technical issues
Great game. But it's broken at the moment.
Serious tech issues that really ruin the experience

powerup-gaming.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Review (Xbox One) – Wisp You Were Here - PowerUp!

With update version 1.0.4193.0, the technical issues mentioned later in this review have been alleviated. The review and score have been updated accordingly. Following up the incredible Ori and the Blind Forest is one hell of a tall order. Moon Studios' first title was an exceptional combination...

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews look great. I am only looking at the score I don't want anything spoiled.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Would you recommend hard?

Not going to lie, the game is tough but I never felt it was unfair so if you like challenging games, then by all means go for it. There's more than enough tools to get over anything, even a boss I was struggling with, I changed the way some of my attacks worked and I killed it pretty easily. The game states that Escape Sequences are 25% more difficult in Hard but I thought they were perfect on Hard so i'll need to check out Normal's difference.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Here's ours

powerup-gaming.com

With update version 1.0.4193.0, the technical issues mentioned later in this review have been alleviated. The review and score have been updated accordingly. Following up the incredible Ori and the Blind Forest is one hell of a tall order. Moon Studios' first title was an exceptional combination...

There's a patch.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Here's ours

powerup-gaming.com

Well, you're review can already be discredited then because all the issues have been fixed with the day one patch.

Maybe you should have waited with posting that.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Here's ours

powerup-gaming.com

Looks pretty outdated, patch is out for hours now.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Urgh. Some reviewers are talking about technical issues that simply don't exist on the product people are able to buy.

Unprofessional.

If you know a day one patch is coming, defer your score and amend accordingly.

You might as well review a demo or a beta if you aren't actually reviewing the product that customers actually get to play on day 1.

Lol i disagree with this really hard. Everything on the disc should be basis for the review. The only time this is viable is when a release is only releasing digitally, because a consumer would have to have internet acces to be able to buy it. If your game ain't ready, delay it. Don't fix it with a day one patch.

Congrats to Moon Studio's for great reviews!

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, the game is tough but I never felt it was unfair so if you like challenging games, then by all means go for it. There's more than enough tools to get over anything, even a boss I was struggling with, I changed the way some of my attacks worked and I killed it pretty easily. The game states that Escape Sequences are 25% more difficult in Hard but I thought they were perfect on Hard so i'll need to check out Normal's difference.
Thanks for the info on it. Sounds pretty tempting, I do like challenging stuff. I really enjoyed the escape parts in the original game so the harder part had me interested too.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Similar to Astraer - I had to tweak my shard load out, I also missed one of the optional abilities which made it a LOT easier...
The shard loadouts give the game some cool added depth. I mainly focused on damage dealing and reducing.
Yup thanks sso much. And thanks for sharing the reviews folks. Really helps
Your reviews are a reference for me ever since I started watching them. Thanks for being so thorough and professional, man. Your reviews rock.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Looks amazing. I'd really like to play this but don't have xbox or decent enough pc, oh well.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The shard loadouts give the game some cool added depth. I mainly focused on damage dealing and reducing.

Your reviews are a reference for me ever since I started watching them. Thanks for being so thorough and professional, man. Your reviews rock.

Yep, huge fan of it and it really encouraged me to go out and find all the hidden ones. Playing on Hard, I was looking for anything that would give me an edge and there's some really interesting configurations you can come up with, really curious to see what other people go with.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Here's ours

powerup-gaming.com

Have you tried the game after the day one patch?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Damn good review scores. I thought Nioh 2 would be kicking off the game season for me but it seems like I'll have to squeeze this in too.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Lol i disagree with this really hard. Everything on the disc should be basis for the review. The only time this is viable is when a release is only releasing digitally, because a consumer would have to have internet acces to be able to buy it.

so games that require a mandatory day one patch or update should get a 0/10?

should consoles be reviewed without the internet? No patches or updates?

this is 2020, not 1999.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's ours

powerup-gaming.com

Someone's ignored the emails from their PR then... Plenty of communication about the issues and discussed at length within the original comms we had...

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Pretty freaking weird scores considering how the game was barely playable on review code.

You can't really blindly believe that the day 1 patch will fix everything. At least wait until the actual patch hits, which hadn't happened yet when the 2 people I know were reviewing this went to bed last night.

Last edited:

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
Well, you're review can already be discredited then because all the issues have been fixed with the day one patch.

Maybe you should have waited with posting that.

I can only review what I played.
I'm Not going to pretend I didn't have to reply huge sections because the game didn't save. Nor am I going to ignore the frame rate issues or Everything else.
day one patches are fine, but it's not my experience and I can't review what might happen.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Lol i disagree with this really hard. Everything on the disc should be basis for the review. The only time this is viable is when a release is only releasing digitally, because a consumer would have to have internet acces to be able to buy it. If your game ain't ready, delay it. Don't fix it with a day one patch.

You're allowed to be wrong, it's totally fine.

Might as well review it from the reveal trailer. Players didn't get to play that version of the game either. I;m so glad reviews in progress are now a thing. Much more sophisticated a response to the evolution of game design.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

I don't agree. The reviewer should base it on their own experience, yes, but they should also at least try and make sure it lines up with the experience of the average consumer.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so games that require a mandatory day one patch or update should get a 0/10?

should consoles be reviewed without the internet? No patches or updates?

this is 2020, not 1999.

No they should not release games for reviews that are not done with the promise of "We'll fix this later don't worry!!!!".

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The scores are amazing but it's sad to see that some reviewers are so ignorant, it's clear that the day one patch fixes a lot of the issues reviewers are complaining about...

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
No they should not release games for reviews that are not done with the promise of "We'll fix this later don't worry!!!!".
Yet for the consumers, (whom the reviews are for) the game is fixed and ready to go before they even download it.
Hell, the vast majority of players won't even know there were performance bugs.

Oct 26, 2017
I can only review what I played.
I'm Not going to pretend I didn't have to reply huge sections because the game didn't save. Nor am I going to ignore the frame rate issues or Everything else.
day one patches are fine, but it's not my experience and I can't review what might happen.

Why did you ignore all the communication from Moon Studios?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The day one patch released before the review embargo ended so should be included and tested imo. If it dropped afterwards i agree.
Also Moon communicated alot about it. So it its isnt like we didnt know.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
So what. That doesn't mean anything.
So I'm just supposed to ignore the experience because they said they're fixing it? And I'm just supposed to trust that?
No... You do what many others in this very thread have done. You say "the review is delayed as we check the performance of the day one patch" and then you do so.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So what. That doesn't mean anything.
So I'm just supposed to ignore the experience because they said they're fixing it? And I'm just supposed to trust that?

I'm with you man. If they want reviews based on the final product, they should also deliver the final product. Reviews based on promises is a very bad thing.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
They did actually fixed it and the fixed version is what is available at launch. If someone isnt comfortable with their time spent with patched versions, then feel free to delay their review like EZA did.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

That's a dishonest comment from you. The promise was 'this has been fixed in a patch out now' not 'this will be fixed'.

if the day one patch that installs right as the consumers put the disk in fixeS the issue, and it the patch makes it in time ahead of the embargo, then it should go into the review.

reviewers should review code consumers will play on release. A day one patch falls in that category.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Haven't played the first one. Should I just skip to this one?

Absolutely not. I myself only played the first one for the first time last month and it was an absolutely amazing game. It's not super long either, only maybe 5-6 hours, so you could get it finished and then move on to the second one pretty quickly. I'd advise you not to look at...anything related to the second game though. Me even just looking at the box art for the second game when I was halfway through the first was a bit of a spoiler as to what may happen at the end of the Blind Forest.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
is this day one patch already available or should reviewers blindly believe it will magically fix every issue ?
I'm excited for the game but it's pretty saddening that as usual people are acting like they know better than the people who played the game.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
No... You do what many others in this very thread have done. You say "the review is delayed as we check the performance of the day one patch" and then you do so.

You underestimate how important a minute one upload of the latest reviews are to these guys. Still not sure if that's Moon Studios problem though.