• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ori and the Blind forest is one of the few games I'd call a masterpiece. I am so excited for Will of the Wisps!

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not huge into 2d games anymore, but Moon has put together a beautiful and compelling game here. Cant wait to fire it up in a few weeks!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Want to read these after work but also don't want to.... we are so close and I want to go in fresh. Cannot wait and I hope it's a huge success for Moon!

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
awww, they got rid of the E3 2018 HUD. I loved it, but I understand the change since now it's more compact, orbs amount are clearer and you can see the hotkeys way easier than placing it to the right.

Old HUD (E3 2018 demo):

hud_old78kw8.png

New HUD:

hud_new7kk7w.png

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really beautiful and i'm looking forward to try it on Game Pass. Watched IGN preview and they sound lukewarm about the combat and bosses on this two hours demo. We'll see soon.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I will not watch any more footage and can't wait to dive in almost blind in 2 weeks. I wasn't hyped like this for a new game in a long time.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
This will likely be the best game Microsoft has published this gen. Congrats to Moon for the great impressions so far!

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Looks amazing, will play it day 1.

Any news on when the review embargo is?

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
This game looks better and better everytime I see it.
Please put this on switch i don't want to buy an xbox.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
www.giantbomb.com

Unfinished: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (02/26/20)

Brad takes us on a walk through the forest!

Awesome, was waiting for Giant Bombs Preview, glad Brad liked what we had to show :)

Just watched this, and as someone who holds Ori as my #3 favourite game of all time I cannot tell you how excited I am to play this. You guys have done incredible work!

Is it on PC Game Pass as well?

It is indeed on PC Game Pass! I already pre-loaded it (which I think means downloaded a small file that will actually do the real pre-load when its available)

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Trying not to watch too much of the previews because I want to go in as fresh as possible but the game is looking gorgeous. Basically exactly what I would want from a sequel, the same but better in every way.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I tried so fucking hard to not watch any preview footage but I had to see giant bomb's thoughts and holy shit, this looks so good. I'm going to regret watching it because the wait is going to be killer.

d3ckard

Dec 7, 2017
First impression got me at frequent checkpoints. FU Hollow Knight. Will wait to play it on Series X though.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Jeeze, I had completely forgotten about this game coming out so soon. Ori, Animal Crossing AND DOOM in short succession is gonna hurt my wallet something awful.

Apr 19, 2018
So if there's frequent checkpoints now, does this mean you can no longer Soul Link?

Creating your own saves/checkpoints was one of the more creative aspects of the first game. I hope it's not taken out.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
So if there's frequent checkpoints now, does this mean you can no longer Soul Link?

Creating your own saves/checkpoints was one of the more creative aspects of the first game. I hope it's not taken out.
Not sure how it works now, but I do know that Soul Link is gone :(. I was very sad about that, it's one of my fav save systems ever. Just gonna have to see how it works in this sequel. I have faith they know what they're doing tho. :)

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Creating your own save points was pretty unique, but I get why a lot of people didn't like that. All I really need is for a hard difficulty mode or something similar that isn't forgiving. Are there difficulty options in this? Played the first game on hard with the definitive edition and enjoyed that.