• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

www.eurogamer.net

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a triple-A 2D Metroidvania

Having played a good handful of hours with Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Moon Studio's follow-up to 2015's sumptuous M…

www.pcgamer.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps' sublime platforming sets a new bar for metroidvanias

It's a lavish, beautiful sequel, but the movement stands out above all else.

www.techradar.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 5 big changes that are coming to Ori 2

Moon Studios’ Metroidvania game is getting bigger and better in five distinct ways

www.denofgeek.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Hands-on with the Stunning Platformer

Our initial thoughts on an impressive new game, Ori and the Will of the Wisps...

www.mercurynews.com

Preview: ‘Ori and the Will of the Wisps’ raises bar on combat and complexity

“Ori and the Will of the Wisps,” the sequel to “Ori and the Blind Forests,” changes up the formula be expanding the combat options while creating an adventure that’s t…

metro.co.uk

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps preview and interview – so good you could cry

The long-awaited sequel to Ori And The Blind Forest is finally almost finished and GameCentral has spoken to both the composer and producer.

stevivor.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Preview: Simply stunning

In 2015, Ori and the Blind Forest was critically praised for challenging platforming surrounded by a gorgeous art style and captivating soundtrack. After a succ

press-start.com.au

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hands-On Preview - Serious Improvements

www.shacknews.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps hands-on preview: I believe I can fly

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is hoping to improve upon its highly-acclaimed predecessor. We got a chance to go hands-on with the first few hours of the game to see just how high their hopes are flying.

www.vg247.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is more than just a gorgeous platformer - it has kick-ass combat too

News, reviews and opinions on the biggest video games.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Oddly enough, I'm not as hyped for a sequel to one of my favourite games of the gen. I just want it out already. I know it's going to be a masterpiece, just release please...
Gonna skip these previews to go blind in when the game launches... two more weeks :D

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has already been stated somewhere but is this native 4K/60fps on XBX?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully the expanded move set doesnt lead to hand pretzels and inflated difficulty later in the game.

Nov 13, 2017
So excited for this. Watched 15 minutes from IGN last week and I'm not gonna watch anything else. Looks absolutely gorgeous.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Oh man, this game is going to bring me to tears again isn't it.

(And I'll have a hard time finishing it due to the difficulty… though I did hear there is an easy mode)

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Oh well it seems that platform is still the base core of the game so i'm gonna buy this when it's gonna be 5 dollars or less jist to enjoy the graphics and art style.
Enjoy the game for me folks.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Imagine being so salty because another guy doesn't like precision platform in his games...

Grow up buddy, i never talked about lack of guns so maybe think a couple of times before writing idiotic stuff.

Imagine coming into a thread about the sequel to a critically acclaimed platformer and whining that it still features platforming.

What did you expect? A turn based tactical RPG?

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Imagine coming into a thread about the sequel to a critically acclaimed platformer and whining that it still features platforming.

What did you expect? A turn based tactical RPG?
Lol a lot of games change their ratio combat\platform from a game to another, jak 2 has far more combat and less platform than jak1 for example.

I only commented my mildly PERSONAL disappointement to see that platform is still the core, but i have nothing bad to say about the game, it's gonna be a goty candidate for sure because it looks fabulous, no whining from me, never said that the game is trash because is still a platform.

This is a good reason to talk shit on me with false stuff like lack of guns that i never said? Please...

Last edited:

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

www.eurogamer.net

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a triple-A 2D Metroidvania

Having played a good handful of hours with Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Moon Studio's follow-up to 2015's sumptuous M…

www.pcgamer.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps' sublime platforming sets a new bar for metroidvanias

It's a lavish, beautiful sequel, but the movement stands out above all else.

www.techradar.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 5 big changes that are coming to Ori 2

Moon Studios’ Metroidvania game is getting bigger and better in five distinct ways

www.denofgeek.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Hands-on with the Stunning Platformer

Our initial thoughts on an impressive new game, Ori and the Will of the Wisps...

www.mercurynews.com

Preview: ‘Ori and the Will of the Wisps’ raises bar on combat and complexity

“Ori and the Will of the Wisps,” the sequel to “Ori and the Blind Forests,” changes up the formula be expanding the combat options while creating an adventure that’s t…

metro.co.uk

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps preview and interview – so good you could cry

The long-awaited sequel to Ori And The Blind Forest is finally almost finished and GameCentral has spoken to both the composer and producer.

stevivor.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Preview: Simply stunning

In 2015, Ori and the Blind Forest was critically praised for challenging platforming surrounded by a gorgeous art style and captivating soundtrack. After a succ

press-start.com.au

www.shacknews.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps hands-on preview: I believe I can fly

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is hoping to improve upon its highly-acclaimed predecessor. We got a chance to go hands-on with the first few hours of the game to see just how high their hopes are flying.

www.vg247.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is more than just a gorgeous platformer - it has kick-ass combat too

News, reviews and opinions on the biggest video games.

Amazing!!

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Which you can do after trying it out on Game Pass. Usually for a discount if I'm not mistaken.
The discount thing is interesting.

But like i said, i know myself and the game is still a little bit too platform-y for my taste, so i'm not in a rush to play it and even with a discount the price will be too high (again, for my taste).

I like the more complicated combat and the graphics upgrade tho, i need to think, i'm an hyped gamer, sometimes i buy stuff even when i'm not fully convinced, i'm gonna change idea about this game at least 50 times during these 2 weeks because it is fucking beatiful...

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The discount thing is interesting.

But like i said, i know myself and the game is still a little bit too platform-y for my taste, so i'm not in a rush to play it and even with a discount the price will be too high (again, for my taste).

I like the more complicated combat and the graphics upgrade tho, i need to think, i'm an hyped gamer, sometimes i buy stuff even when i'm not fully convinced, i'm gonna change idea about this game at least 50 times during these 2 weeks because it is fucking beatiful...
I mean if you haven't tried ou GP yet, you get what, a couple of weeks free trial or something? It's just a cheap way to try out a bunch of games you were interested in. This is the best we'll get since demos are few and far between these days.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I mean if you haven't tried ou GP yet, you get what, a couple of weeks free trial or something? It's just a cheap way to try out a bunch of games you were interested in. This is the best we'll get since demos are few and far between these days.
Unfortunately i wasted my trials trying gears 5 and the outer space (thank god for that).

Well at least capcom still release some demo from time to time :-)

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently playing through the first game on Game Pass PC and really enjoying after ignoring it the last few years. Really looking forward to this after I'm done with the first.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
This game looks amazing. I could see 90+ on meta already. The animation, character designs, and music are all top class. Makes me want to replay Ori.