• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 19, 2018
If Moon or someone else really wanted to do a sequel in the far future they could just go with a different Spirit, perhaps the one born from Ori as a tree at the very end, and introduce new characters. Obviously the Ori "saga" is over, but that doesn't mean it's impossible or sacrilege to use the title and the world anymore.

Hypothetically they'd have talented people working on the IP either way so I wouldn't worry about "undermining" anything, and I frankly I think that idea is kind of silly regardless of what IP we're talking about.
Yea, I'm with you - it's just a curious situation. Quickly, I cant recall any series named after the playable character, that no longer use that character but kept the name. They should feel free to progress however, and maybe there are examples to the contrary, I just find it to be unique. Looking forward to it if that day comes.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, I'm with you - it's just a curious situation. Quickly, I cant recall any series named after the playable character, that no longer use that character but kept the name. They should feel free to progress however, and maybe there are examples to the contrary, I just find it to be unique. Looking forward to it if that day comes.
They could do a Warioland: Super Mario Land 3 type thing via subtitles. Also Ori could still have a prominent role in the game as his tree form/narrator.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
I've been hearing negative comments about the

darkness mechanic

but honestly I find it's really well-paced; you get the relevant skill just before the mechanic becomes tiresome.

And the atmosphere of this place is absolutely insane. Gives me the creeps, I love it! Amazed that the devs went this far, with lurid details such as the fly-like creatures fluttering anxiously when light and movement pass them by... Gareth Coker's superlative music here does wonders as well. One of my favourite areas in any game on a pure atmosphere-level.

MyGamingDiary

Banned
Jul 30, 2019
So I think I'm stuck in Ori and the Will of the Wisps and can't get out.

I'm inLuma Pools and I can't get out of this particular underwater section, because the water flow prevents me from going up and if I'm going to the right, I can't go up there too, because I can't attack this... thing. And since I'm underwater I can't teleport away :/ Watch this video for reference:

Would be great, if anyone could help me.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
So I think I'm stuck in Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I'm in the water area (don't know what it's called in the English Version) and I can't get out of this particular underwater section, because the water flow prevents me from going up and if I'm going to the right, I can't go up there too, because I can't attack this... thing. And since I'm underwater I can't teleport away :/ Watch this video for reference:

You need to bash the plants shot up into the yellowy infected bit

sasnak

Dec 4, 2018
So I think I'm stuck in Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I'm in the water area (don't know what it's called in the English Version) and I can't get out of this particular underwater section, because the water flow prevents me from going up and if I'm going to the right, I can't go up there too, because I can't attack this... thing. And since I'm underwater I can't teleport away :/ Watch this video for reference:

You need to bash off the projectile that the enemy is shooting and redirect it to destroy stuff above you.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
Question about the ending:
Did Shriek die after she took shelter under the wings of her dead parents?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoy the
drilling through sand forget what this is called. So satisfying!

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the last escape sequence, and it reminded me of the first game lol. That rush after completing it was pretty great!

Details on next update

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
Hey guys,

We're working on the patch as hard as we can but unfortunately the COVID situation isn't helping us in speeding things up. Here's hoping that the patch lands very soon this week on all platforms. The patch is going to be rather beefy and have a lot of great fixes (audio issues, achievements, progression blockers, etc) and performance improvements but I wanted to share a few things that were specifically asked on these boards.

We have added exclusive full screen mode for PC to hopefully avoid any potential stutter due to G-sync, dual monitor and other setups. We're also looking into better DX chain-swap methods that might make borderless-windowed full screen better (for those that might have had stutter issues on their setups) in a later patch with PC HDR support.

newGraphicsSettings.png

Motion blur can now be reduced or exaggerated as a percentage for those that like a nice in-between or want to have more of it.
We are also adding static resolution scaling that allows running the game at lower than native resolution for better performance, or higher resolution for super-sampling and sharper image quality if your machine can handle it on PC.
We will probably expose dynamic resolution scaling on PC in the next patch with a target framerate property to allow for less framerate variance for those cases where you are GPU bound (is is most likely the main bottleneck on PCs).

newHudOptions.png

We are also adding the ability to fully hide the in game HUD or make it dynamic, which will automatically hide the UI after a few seconds if your energy/health values have not changed, which is probably best for those that like to play the game without the HUD but do not want to go into the options to toggle it on and off all the time. This will work and be the same on PC and console versions of the game.

vibrationOptions.png

Controller vibration is now also a % allowing you to tone it down or exaggerate to your liking, so you don't have to settle for having it full power or none at all :)

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys,

We're working on the patch as hard as we can but unfortunately the COVID situation isn't helping us in speeding things up. Here's hoping that the patch lands very soon this week on all platforms. The patch is going to be rather beefy and have a lot of great fixes (audio issues, achievements, progression blockers, etc) and performance improvements but I wanted to share a few things that were specifically asked on these boards.

We have added exclusive full screen mode for PC to hopefully avoid any potential stutter due to G-sync, dual monitor and other setups. We're also looking into better DX chain-swap methods that might make borderless-windowed full screen better in a later patch with PC HDR support.

newGraphicsSettings.png

Motion blur can now be reduced or exaggerated as a percentage for those that like a nice in-between or want to have more of it.
We are also adding static resolution scaling that allows running the game at lower than native resolution for better performance, or higher resolution for super-sampling and sharper image quality if your machine can handle it on PC.
We will probably expose dynamic resolution scaling on PC in the next patch with a target framerate property to allow even less framerate variance for those cases where you are GPU bound (is is most likely the main bottleneck on PCs).

newHudOptions.png

We are also adding the ability to fully hide the in game HUD or make it dynamic, which will automatically hide the UI after a few seconds if your energy/health values have not changed, which is probably best for those that like to play the game without the HUD but do not want to go into the options to toggle it on and off all the time. This will work and be the same on PC and console versions of the game.
Great news. Thanks.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
newHudOptions.png

Hell yeah for that Dynamic HUD! Been wanting this since the start of the game. Shame I'm nearly done with the game though, but still, good to have it.

Thank you.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Hey guys,

We have added exclusive full screen mode for PC to hopefully avoid any potential stutter due to G-sync, dual monitor and other setups. We're also looking into better DX chain-swap methods that might make borderless-windowed full screen better (for those that might have had stutter issues on their setups) in a later patch with PC HDR support.

newGraphicsSettings.png

We will probably expose dynamic resolution scaling on PC in the next patch with a target framerate property to allow even less framerate variance for those cases where you are GPU bound (is is most likely the main bottleneck on PCs).

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Controller vibration is now also a % allowing you to tone it down or exaggerate to your liking, so you don't have to settle for having it full power or none at all :)
I'm around 4 hours into my first playthrough of Blind Forest and would just like to congratulate you and your team's work. The amount of effort and detail that has been put into the game really shines through and it makes for a delightful experience. I'm happy to see you supporting your latest game in such a fashion and can't wait to experience it promptly after finishing the first. Looking forward to supporting you through future endeavours and thank you for your fantastic work.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

We will probably expose dynamic resolution scaling on PC in the next patch with a target framerate property to allow for less framerate variance for those cases where you are GPU bound (is is most likely the main bottleneck on PCs).

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Amazing, thx

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Question about the ending:
Did Shriek die after she took shelter under the wings of her dead parents?
Yeah, that's the implication. Shriek dies to her wounds, Ori ascends to treehood, and time passes and everyone else dies of old age I guess??

Kind of an out-of-nowhere bummer of an ending, but at least Kuu got healed.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Appreciate all the hard work! Game is really great.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Are the performance improvements going to apply for XBOX? Since most of the details mention PC exclusive additions I want to know if there are plans to improve the game on the xbox one

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
Performance improvements are going to affect all platforms and primarily Xbox. It should be significantly better in most of the game.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

It's not as though my performance on PC is unacceptable or anything, but it's good to hear you're addressing it. I've been playing Doom Eternal in the meantime, but I've been looking forward to this new Ori game since I heard it was a thing however many years ago. I can wait another week or two.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
What are the best weapons/skills for the bosses around mid-game?

I did the spider first and it took me like an hour and about 30-40 retries and was throw your controller level of frustratingly difficult. I was using the standard melee attack so I had to stick to its face and I found the hitbox hard to get just right so I wouldn't take damage while doing damage, some of his moves hard to escape in time once they start and being right in its face (the forward ram, the triple spit) and had a lot of deaths trying to micro-manage during the add phase because couldn't kill the adds fast enough while also paying attention to its tells and dodging. Shard-wise all I really had was 20% def reduction and the one that boost atk based on total light (lvl.1 so 3000 cap, had 3000). Also using the one that gives health orbs more often and magnet to catch energy/health and climb.

It also felt like I was doing really minor damage. Was using the butterfly spirit orb weapon lvl.1 to add some extra damage while I was doing melee and it was just a long very difficult fight.

But then I did the
Frog
second, and I tried changing it up and used the bow lvl.1 with the skill that lets you fire 25% faster. Against this fight just rapid smashing bow shots from a distance I did crazy damage and basically took off 50% of the bosses HP in the first 10-20 seconds without taking much damage. The second half was tougher since could only get a couple shots in at a time out of the water, but overall this boss only took a few tries and was generally fine.

Not sure if it's just that ranged is a lot easier, or if I was just doing something wrong on the spider or maybe the spider isn't a great one to do first since you get stronger each boss/area.

I haven't bought about 1/2 the weapons or skills available and most of my weapons/skills are still the lvl.1 versions. At this point around 50% in the game with two bosses down, what should I be focusing on to make my life easier combat-wise. I'm fine with the regular combat and even the combat shrines are tough but I've managed to do them, but that spider boss was a whole different thing.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best weapons/skills for the bosses around mid-game?

I did the spider first and it took me like an hour and about 30-40 retries and was throw your controller level of frustratingly difficult. I was using the standard melee attack so I had to stick to its face and I found the hitbox hard to get just right so I wouldn't take damage while doing damage, some of his moves hard to escape in time once they start and being right in its face (the forward ram, the triple spit) and had a lot of deaths trying to micro-manage during the add phase because couldn't kill the adds fast enough while also paying attention to its tells and dodging. Shard-wise all I really had was 20% def reduction and the one that boost atk based on total light (lvl.1 so 3000 cap, had 3000). Also using the one that gives health orbs more often and magnet to catch energy/health and climb.

It also felt like I was doing really minor damage. Was using the butterfly spirit orb weapon lvl.1 to add some extra damage while I was doing melee and it was just a long very difficult fight.

But then I did the
Frog
second, and I tried changing it up and used the bow lvl.1 with the skill that lets you fire 25% faster. Against this fight just rapid smashing bow shots from a distance I did crazy damage and basically took off 50% of the bosses HP in the first 10-20 seconds without taking much damage. The second half was tougher since could only get a couple shots in at a time out of the water, but overall this boss only took a few tries and was generally fine.

Not sure if it's just that ranged is a lot easier, or if I was just doing something wrong on the spider or maybe the spider isn't a great one to do first since you get stronger each boss/area.

I haven't bought about 1/2 the weapons or skills available and most of my weapons/skills are still the lvl.1 versions. At this point around 50% in the game with two bosses down, what should I be focusing on to make my life easier combat-wise. I'm fine with the regular combat and even the combat shrines are tough but I've managed to do them, but that spider boss was a whole different thing.
The bow is the recommended dps weapon. You could have used it against that first boss that gave you trouble and it would have made it a lot easier. You can see how it works in video below (not an optimised fight):

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Finished the game on the weekend. I loved most passages, especially the tight and challenging platforming, but some other sections frustrated me and I didn't find the game fun there at all. The sandworm chase, early combat situations with too little health, many technical stutters and buggy situations where I was trapped with no way out did affect my experience with the game negatively. I could go into detail on each of these points, but I feel many people have done so already. It was a great but not an absolutely outstanding game to me.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I don't know, I love the world, art, and mechanics too - Ori is just so cute, it feels weird leaving it behind.

Yeah, one of the things i love about the tone of this series is the contrast between Ori's appearance and at the violent nature of the forest.

Like basically every creature wants him to die a horrific death yet he never flinches. Even the most beautiful landscapes, are completely littered with death traps and murderers, and there's this cute little guy, dispatching them all.

So the performance still sucks but the game finally opened up and.. I feel like the difficulty is a little high for the first area I went?

I went to the bear/ice mountain area. Lighting the 2nd lamp felt like the tuning was really off. I'm past it now but that really stuck out to me.

The ice area is my last area. I tried to go there before I had the ability to pass the bear, then i completely forgot the area existed and never went back. Makes me wonder more deeply how the world changes as you progress, so that the difficulty scales with the players progression.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great news to hear about improving the Xbox version. The game is fantastic in regards to gameplay, visuals and music but based on what I've played on an Xbox One S I would hesitate in recommending it such are the technical issues I have encountered around 6-7 hours in. Hopefully they are ironed out so much as to make recommending it a no brainier.

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020

Dynamic HUD and 100+% resolution scaling, pretty much all that I needed. Thank you all for your hard work

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I am so gonna try super-sampling on pc, that should look amazing. Can't wait for the patch. Good news for everyone playing on Xbox as well.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
The bow is the recommended dps weapon. You could have used it against that first boss that gave you trouble and it would have made it a lot easier. You can see how it works in video below (not an optimised fight):

Thanks, that video was helpful. Haven't tried the triple shot shard but it looks really strong there. Will use it for the 2nd half of the game. The standard slash dps is nowhere near that.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

It also would be unheard of for a spinoff to refer to the setting in the title, rather than our old hero.

That said, my guess is we won't be seeing our hearing anything from this franchise for a long while. :(

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So, I've arrived at the part when I must go search some things in different parts, and apparently I can do them in whatever order. My question is, once just at this very point, it says about 30 or 40% done I think. In terms of story progression am I really less than halfway through? Because it already says almost 11 hours played. I don't know how you can finish this in ten hours while at the same time enjoying everything it has. :)

Also, upon those "happenings" all I could think was
FUCK EVERYTHING

But then I saw it's not that severe.

Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Performance improvements are going to affect all platforms and primarily Xbox. It should be significantly better in most of the game.

A W E S O M E ! !

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
Because it already says almost 11 hours played. I don't know how you can finish this in ten hours while at the same time enjoying everything it has. :)

This is a mystery to me as well. I finished the game 100% in 21 hours. Or rather 100%in all areas except one at 99%.

Can't understand how people can reach 100% in 10-12 hours.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing yesterday and it's already such a beautiful and lovely game. Once again such a fantastic and cute opening with Ku. I wasn't expecting them to repeat the fantastic opening of the first game.

I'm not all that far into the game yet. I just got the projectile/light/boost power thing. Which was my favorite mechanic from the previous game so I'm excited to use that again. But so far I'm once again not a big fan of the combat. Though it's more engaging than the previous game it's pretty hard and visually not very clear. I keep getting hit by things I'm not seeing and I die quite a lot.

Also with the side activities, I notice that I'm using the map more to see if I'm not missing anything. Interrupting the flow. But that's mostly on me, I guess.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, I don't know why but even with every upgrade I never bothered with
the bow. I mainly used hammer and spike
. Ah well!

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've arrived at the part when I must go search some things in different parts, and apparently I can do them in whatever order. My question is, once just at this very point, it says about 30 or 40% done I think. In terms of story progression am I really less than halfway through?
Yep, 40%ish seems about right.
Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Good stuff, I'll gonna try these on my second playthrough on hard mode :)

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
Are the achievement fixes going to retrospectively unlock for items I've finished collecting and quests I've completed?

Or would I need to replay the whole game again?

I'm a tad salty because this happened before with my playthrough of Ori and the Bind Forest!

Cogigo

Mar 16, 2020
Hey guys,

newGraphicsSettings.png

newHudOptions.png

vibrationOptions.png

Nice I´m looking forward to these options. Thank you.
One thing I would als like is an option to individualy be able to cap the framerate. Maybe like at 138 frames for the 144hz Gsync monitors. My personal sweet spot with this game is 120 fps and I would like to cap it there.

I hope you and the team stays healthy. I wish you all the best of luck and thanky you again for all the work you are putting into this.

Edit: Nevermind iI overlooked this line.
" next patch with a target framerate property to allow for less framerate variance "

Thank you. Perfect.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Is there a way to get the last few achievements to unlock? I'm referring to those after you complete the game.

They are bugged for me. :,(

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

??? What about Xbox One X tho? If you do something like this for PC, why not adding a simple "performance/resolution" mode on console?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So I have a question. I have a quest to investigate the first combat shrine. Howl's Den I believe. I had already previously completed it, and now when I do complete it again the quest doesn't acknowledge it. The trial also doesn't show up in the "quick start" menu. Anyone also had this problem? Am I missing something?