• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Having a bit of trouble on the Mora boss fight. Any tips?

I can get the spider down to a quarter health when everything goes dark. I know I'm supposed to use the flash skill so I dont die, but any tips beyond that? Just use normal attacks I assume since others will drain energy?

Also, it's checkpointed here for the boss fight, but if I quit the game for the night and come back to it later will it resume from halfway through the boss fight?

The crystal respawns fast enough that I had no energy problems during that fight

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
So I take it I did the wrong "wisp" first because I am trying to do the Beneath Shifting Sands main story bc it said a wisp was there, but when I got to the end of it (which took a while), it says I need 4 wisps to continue. :( It was the closest one to where I was, lol.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
So I take it I did the wrong "wisp" first because I am trying to do the Beneath Shifting Sands main story bc it said a wisp was there, but when I got to the end of it (which took a while), it says I need 4 wisps to continue. :( It was the closest one to where I was, lol.
Yeah you have to do that one last, but it's good that you attempted it first because the ability you get in that area will be useful in the other areas! :)

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
If I'm at 99% in an area is it safe to assume I'm missing a spirit orb or something? Only other thing I can think of is I barely missed uncovering some tiny part of the map.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The ability to warp from anywhere. This is new to this game right? Because if I could do it in the first game and didn't realize it. Well, then. LOL

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Well part of the metrovania experience is always going to somewhere and found out you have to comeback later.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh sweet, I get to play this with Game Pass. I found it in the Xbox app on Windows but then had to download it in the store, and it's not showing up in my Xbox app now?

I think I'll just download it on my Xbox One X. May as well put that expensive piece of gear to work.

Edit: it showed up in the WIndows app, I guess I just had to wait

Last edited:

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the game. Have 100% in every area but the last. Already beat it once so I'm assuming that doesn't factor into % for that area? Must be missing a tiny bit of map I guess. I have all the collectibles.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Stopped right before the final boss. My map is 100% clear except for the last area- because I haven't gone to through the gate yet.

But Steam is saying I'm missing something for the Lost and Found achievement.

When I look at the collectibles menu, there's an empty slot next to Tuley's 6 leaves... what's it for?

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
Spirit Arc has to be the highest dps ability in the game. I was running spike for most of the game but spirit arc is so much more dps and energy efficient. The only thing is that it's not as shard efficient

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Spirit Arc has to be the highest dps ability in the game. I was running spike for most of the game but spirit arc is so much more dps and energy efficient. The only thing is that it's not as shard efficient

... I probably should have tried that at some point. I was so disappointed with the damage of most abilities. Bosses took a while because I mostly just hit them with my lightsaber.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. 84% and almost 14 hours. Really liked the platforming and the bigger emphasis on combat. The shards system was a good addition, and the side quests although being basically fetch quests had for the most part nice rewards to them enticing me to seek them.
The only thing I really disliked was

the final boss battle. It was much easier than some of the previous bosses. His attacks were very easy to dodge, and he gave you very long time gaps to hit him. The platforming in the final area was pretty good tho, and a level above anything in the game before (which the final boss should have been too).

All in all, pretty good game. Better than the first game by a large margin, and really enjoyed my time with it.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
If I'm at 99% in an area is it safe to assume I'm missing a spirit orb or something? Only other thing I can think of is I barely missed uncovering some tiny part of the map.
Yeah, I have a few areas which I'm stuck at 99%. I know that I've obtained all the collectibles, so the only other thing to do is to go through each section to make sure I fully swept through every little inch (ugh).

I wish the unexplored areas would be highlighted in some other colour other than black. Or have the option to toggle unexplored areas.

Last edited:

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
When I look at the collectibles menu, there's an empty slot next to Tuley's 6 leaves... what's it for?

Noticed the same last night and it's driving me crazy. Also, one of the slots in my ability circle is empty but I'm pretty sure I've obtained all the abilities... Is there one I have to buy?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't know if this counts as sequence breaking, but doing Luma Pools
after you have the fire jump ability
trivializes most of the platforming puzzles in that area.

Really liking the game, one wisp left to go. But the hitches and freezing and sound glitches... yeesh. How did this ship like this? I've never played a modern AAA platformer release that felt like it was barely holding together at the seams like this.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
I don't understand how some enemies take half of your health, there is no block or parry as far as i can tell.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I don't understand how some enemies take half of your health, there is no block or parry as far as i can tell.
End game enemies hit harder and could take you out pretty quickly if you don't have a lot of HP.
Noticed the same last night and it's driving me crazy. Also, one of the slots in my ability circle is empty but I'm pretty sure I've obtained all the abilities... Is there one I have to buy?
There will be another towards the end of the game if you have purchased everything.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I beat the game with 100%, but this is the worst performing game I've played all generation. It freezes for ten seconds at a time, every minute or so. I reinstalled three times, I restarted the game by choice at least ten times. The game crashed to Xbox hub four or five times. I have no idea why performance was so bad. There must be a memory leak or something similar.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I've really loved this game, but that last escape sequence with the
worm
really pissed me off. I've died a few times during my time with the game, but it was my fault. This felt cheap, with button presses feeling like the didn't register, and physics behaving different each time. I just did not like that at all, lol.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
There is a place in the silent woods where I can't use any of my abilities? Is this happening to anyone else?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

holy moly! i went with spike because of what everyone said, and while it was good, THIS SHREDS

Aug 25, 2019
I am so loving everything about it. What a majestic game! Truly a sequel that improves on everything
One of my favourite exclusives xbox has

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
I've really loved this game, but that last escape sequence with the
worm
really pissed me off. I've died a few times during my time with the game, but it was my fault. This felt cheap, with button presses feeling like the didn't register, and physics behaving different each time. I just did not like that at all, lol.
I died probably 50 times there in a single sitting before I finally beat it. Low-light of the game for me, but still not too bad. Tolerable.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yes! I'm stuck it seems like I wont be able to move forward. It's west of the combat shrine.
Don't have a strict solution for you, but here are the posts Patrick made concerning the issue here:

www.resetera.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps |OT| Give It Your Owl [Now Updated for Series S|X!]

Looks like I'm still screwed. Am I missing something here? I recorded a clip: https://gfycat.com/competentajarblackfly To be clear: when I jump across, I cannot move. Ori is stuck like a stone against the spikes. I can't find another way to leave the area. (If you go left, he's also...

www.resetera.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps |OT| Give It Your Owl [Now Updated for Series S|X!]

The moment you cross that little gap, you cannot do any moves anymore. I'll have to see if I can get the grapple icon to float in time... UPDATE: That didn't work but I was able to kinda cheat my way up the righthand side. Phew.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
This is really sad because I was really into the game before this bug. I really hope I'm able to move forward soon, hopefully I have back up save the is before this.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im two hours in. So far I like more blind forest. The overall share system is a bit confusing. Anyway my main grip is the lack of goal. I've been dropped in a world with no goal yet. The first one managed to give you what you needed to do pretty fast. Here it's feels I'm just wandering around. When does it starts to be more story driven ?

edit : and where can I see how many fragment (life/energy) I have in my possession ? And last but not least imperiled I may forget about my abilities (not shard ). I push start button. I see these abilities on the left but is there anyway to check them ?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Don't have a strict solution for you, but here are the posts Patrick made concerning the issue here:

www.resetera.com

Looks like I'm still screwed. Am I missing something here? I recorded a clip: https://gfycat.com/competentajarblackfly To be clear: when I jump across, I cannot move. Ori is stuck like a stone against the spikes. I can't find another way to leave the area. (If you go left, he's also...

www.resetera.com

The moment you cross that little gap, you cannot do any moves anymore. I'll have to see if I can get the grapple icon to float in time... UPDATE: That didn't work but I was able to kinda cheat my way up the righthand side. Phew.
Got out using his way, I had to sort of figure it out but it worked. I climbed all the way the right side and use the feather to glide over the bugged part. Worked! Thanks for pointing out the post!

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Having a bit of trouble on the Mora boss fight. Any tips?

I can get the spider down to a quarter health when everything goes dark. I know I'm supposed to use the flash skill so I dont die, but any tips beyond that? Just use normal attacks I assume since others will drain energy?

Also, it's checkpointed here for the boss fight, but if I quit the game for the night and come back to it later will it resume from halfway through the boss fight?

It's a tough fight. You might be there too early, however if you want to try to take he down now this might help:

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great...game is unplayable for me now. Whenever i go underwater my framerate sinks to sub 10 fps on xbox one x...guess i cant progress

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I did not enjoy Mouldwood Depths at all. It was not fun to play at all. Ori not grabbing things he needs to grab in that area to survive was incredibly frustrating.

But I'm done and cleared it out never to return.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Have had a slew of technical problems. First was that the game wouldnt boot at all, it'd lock up my Xbox One X completely on the "ORi Running Animation" and force a hard crash. I resolved this by deleting the game and reinstalling as some one else suggested.

Now it's running okay... Not great though. The game will lock up intermittantly for a second maybe. Also at least once or twice the screen has gone all black before coming back. Also the map takes ages to load sometimes.

Overall a great game that lacks technical polish, which is surprising given how polished the rest of it feels.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
I have played about 2 hours and haven't noticed any bugs or heavy frame issues yet. On OG Xbone. It's definitely not a stable framerate, but its fine.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Im two hours in. So far I like more blind forest. The overall share system is a bit confusing. Anyway my main grip is the lack of goal. I've been dropped in a world with no goal yet. The first one managed to give you what you needed to do pretty fast. Here it's feels I'm just wandering around. When does it starts to be more story driven ?

edit : and where can I see how many fragment (life/energy) I have in my possession ? And last but not least imperiled I may forget about my abilities (not shard ). I push start button. I see these abilities on the left but is there anyway to check them ?

It's odd that you feel this way, since there's always an objective marker telling you where you need to be- a lot of the early game is just running mini-courses as you pick up old powers (double-jump, dash, bash, etc) to get you familiar with the game's core mechanics. Once you meet

Kwolok
, it's pretty much spelled out where you need to go from there and why.

To your second question, from the map menu you can navigate (on PC its PageUp and PageDown, not sure about controller prompts) between Map, Shards and Collectibles menus