• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Achievements and % completion are definitely bugged. I finished the game and didn't unlock the "complete the game" achievement. Also, I have two areas at 99% completion but the map doesn't show anything (I have the ability that shows the stuff you can pick up on the map).
Which ability, the ones you buy from the map maker or the one from the item trade quest-line?

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone help with Luma Pools?

I've spoken to the giant frog and he moved clearing a path but theres 3 blocks that crush you when trying to pass, do I need an ability to get past? Swimming quickly isn't working for me lol

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I've spoken to the giant frog and he moved clearing a path but theres 3 blocks that crush you when trying to pass, do I need an ability to get past? Swimming quickly isn't working for me lol

Yeah, you can't go that way yet, you get an underwater dash move in the area that lets you get past those.

Last edited:

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone help with Luma Pools?

You need an ability for that, but you acquire it in luma pools if I'm not mistaken, keep exploring the area

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a glitch where everything but the hud turned black even though the game was still playing, I quit to the title screen and it to remained pitch black save for the title logo....
Darkness won, RIP Ori

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys. I was actually doing the right thing all along by jumping on the bubble but was trying to jump straight to the left rather than to the adjacent wall on the right first and THEN to the left 🤦‍♂️

emb

Oct 28, 2017
(Preface: I'm playing on a normal Xbox One, and unpatched, so certainly I have myself partially to blame. Not too mad about it.)

This game definitely has some technical issues. I don't usually mind hiccups and jankiness, but this thing is routinely just stopping, locked in for usually 1 to 3 seconds, but I've also had it sit there for like 8-10. One time it completely locked and crashed. Thankfully no progress lost there since it autosaves all the time.

Speaking of autosaves, just had this glitch where it revived me inside a wall each time I loaded the file... stuck as far as I could tell.

Luckily the game also makes it easy to access backup autosaves, and to copy your file. So there's a low chance to really hit a gamebreaker.

I'm 2 hours in so far. Game seems great, but the choppiness is definitely impacting the experience.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I just finished off the first one last night (which I loved) then started this up this morning. Really enjoying it so far. I wasn't expecting it to be so much Hollow Knight inspired but if you going to be inspired by something Hollow Knight is a pretty good one.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone clear something up for me? What calculates the completion % in each area? In Wellspring Glades I'm at 99% and I'm at the very end of the game (right before confronting the final boss). I've poked around everywhere, talked to everyone and I can't get it to 100%. Could there be a sliver of Grey in the map I'm not seeing?

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Just finished Luma Pools (the boss figth was cool af btw).

I am going to make a bold claim: we are underestimating the level design in this game. Believe me, there is some serious thinking behind it.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
How can people finish the game so fast? I just
restarted the mill after that chase
and I have played for around 5 hours already.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I got a rumor for a shrine I'd already completed, and even completing it again doesn't clear the rumor. I hope that doesn't count toward completion.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 10 hours in and 50% and this game is so gooood. Some minor complaint about the how the side quests are shown, and a few technical issues (the game crashed once, FPS not stable, sound stuttering at the start but fixed now) but the content itself is so damn perfect. Moon studios just outdone themselves, well fucking done.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Almost 10 hours in and 50% and this game is so gooood. Some minor complaint about the how the side quests are shown, and a few technical issues (the game crashed once, FPS not stable, sound stuttering at the start but fixed now) but the content itself is so damn perfect. Moon studios just outdone themselves, well fucking done.

This game is probably the best looking sidescroller of all time. The animation of everything is incredible and the different layers of the image like the foreground, play area and background just fit together so perfectly.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question;

Would this game still have problems on a laptop with i7-8xxx, rtx2060 and SSD, or should I wait for a patch in the near future?

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Just beat it finally. 15:46, 99% complete. I couldn't figure out two of the side quests. I got all the seeds, ores, health/energy orbs, but there were two side quests left undone, and I talked to literally every NPC. Oh well, I'll figure it out some day.

That ending tho...
Waterworks when the orange wisp said "It's time, Ori." I also LOOOOVED how Ori has been the narrator the whole time. That's a really really good touch. I don't want a sequel; at least, not for a long time. This was a great note to end on.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I got a rumor for a shrine I'd already completed, and even completing it again doesn't clear the rumor. I hope that doesn't count toward completion.

Inkwater, right? I got 100% there and that's still on the screen.

Can someone clear something up for me? What calculates the completion % in each area? In Wellspring Glades I'm at 99% and I'm at the very end of the game (right before confronting the final boss). I've poked around everywhere, talked to everyone and I can't get it to 100%. Could there be a sliver of Grey in the map I'm not seeing?

I tore my hair out for a bit over this but when I closed the game and opened it later there was a spirit orb placed on the map that wasn't showing before. Maybe try that.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That one area gives me Deepnest vibes. However, the Deepnest was more fun. Killing darkness and an abundance of death traps suck.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I tore my hair out for a bit over this but when I closed the game and opened it later there was a spirit orb placed on the map that wasn't showing before. Maybe try that.
It's definitely item-related. You can have the full map but still be at 99% because you missed a spirit orb, cell or shard. Spirit orbs also count towards the percentage. There is a way for all that to show up on the map however, it's the reward of the trade quest

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I played maybe an hour of this and couldn't really get into it. I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I keep referring to Ku as Kuro, the first game is stuck in my head clearly. Lovely game though, put about 3-4 hours into it today finally - combat feels far far smoother than the original and the new hammer move is fire!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you put out the furnace on the ice shelf to left of the pool then it should freeze the pool and let you walk on it, making it so you don't have to try and perform the light bash on the snapping plants.

Word to the wise...I should stop playing after smoking a bowl lol. The most awkward grenade throws were happenin. Thanks!

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
There's a fluidity to the motion that feels so great when you're in the zone connecting on long platforming combos 🔥

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017

It's definitely item-related. You can have the full map but still be at 99% because you missed a spirit orb, cell or shard. Spirit orbs also count towards the percentage. There is a way for all that to show up on the map however, it's the reward of the trade quest

Him, ok. either on of you have issues picking up the Spirit Orbs? For me, I go to grab them and I don't get them picked up. It's like I'm walking through them. I only have 10 energy orbs, so it can't be maxed out.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
:\

FjyoMio.jpg

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the snow area, and it was really fun. Hoping a patch comes soon for XB1X, because even on an SSD, I get slowdown and stutters. Also, why do I have to turn off the nausea inducing motion blur every time I launch the game?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
A couple of hours in now. Just beat the Mill-level.

It's a terrific game - Great visuals, soundtrack, cozy af, a story I can get behind and it just has that IT factor.. lovely. But it comes with a ton of technical issues. I've lost count of the times where I died due to hiccups and what not. It's getting to the point where it's kinda bothersome.

Does it help to reboot the Xbox? (X model) to reduce the times it happens or something?

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm at 15 hours. I still haven't finished the main story. I'm addicted to going back to areas with new abilities and rediscovering things. One of the best games this gen, along with the first. Absolutely loving this game.

Edit: I haven't really seen any technical issues on my PC. The only glitch I've had is the one where the terrain or water turns into a gray color as pictured a few posts above. Aside from that, the experience has been pretty much flawless.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked/discussed already but I don't want to read too much of this thread at the risk of seeing any story spoilers: Does the game have multiple endings or just one? Feel free to wrap the answer around spoiler tags if anyone else reading doesn't want to know.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked/discussed already but I don't want to read too much of this thread at the risk of seeing any story spoilers: Does the game have multiple endings or just one? Feel free to wrap the answer around spoiler tags if anyone else reading doesn't want to know.
just one

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I got to the part where the game

essentially let's you choose where to go next for the other spirits. Is there an optimal route to take? Like an upgrade that will make the other areas more fun to explore without as much backtracking? Or am I set up for everything already at this point?

They say you should do Baur's Reach in the north first since the ability you unlock there will help you tremendously in the other levels.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Bear sneeze too strong, game crashed
Well I was planning to stop here for now anyway so there!

The area of the desert I was able to explore was tops, the ability there is so gooooood.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man, I´m really sorry for people experiencing technical issues, but my game runs butter smooth (Steam). I guess people also in my case me don´t say so, that´s why the game is getting that name of technical mess.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Welp. Booted up the game, had the slowdown again so I restarted my Xbox. Now trying to boot the game has fully shutdown my Xbox twice in a row after the restart.

Guess I'll be waiting for the patch...

Edit: Tried moving it to external and it still shutdown the Xbox. I give up.

Edit: Since I'm stubborn I reinstalled and its fixed the issues for now. At least I can play.

Last edited:

Top%Rattata

Nov 27, 2017
I haven't read much of the thread, because I don't want to spoil myself but~

Just wanted to say that I'm really loving the game so far (I've reached the
Luma pools, after going to the Silent Forest/ getting the 'main quest' of the game).
Blind Forest was honestly one of my favourite games, and with Will of the Wisps, the thought I keep coming back to is how much more fully realised Wisps is compared to Blind Forest, to the extent that I think I might actually struggle to go back. The two things that really stand out as improvements to me is the combat and characters in the game. Combat was very simple in Blind Forest, but here it's expanded on and it just adds an extra layer to the game. It means that the enemies you encounter become more complex and interesting. The characters though! They make such a big difference. Wisps feels like much more of a lived-in world than Blind Forest, whose cast was really only Ori, Naru, Gumo, Kuro, the Tree & Seine. The addition of so many side-characters just makes the game feel more full and rich.

And oh yeah, the art is gorgeous & the music stunning :p

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing, as there have been a ton of questions recently about map completion, I believe based on my 100% run that what counts towards map completion are any pickups (health orbs, energy orbs, light orbs, shards, ore, etc.) as well as revealing the map. There is a side quest you can do that will reveal every item on the map for you so you can easily get 100%. Otherwise, items show up on the map if they have been on screen at any point in the game, even if just barely and in an area you couldn't reach at the time.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Good thing I had the Overflow shard for the
Kwolok
boss fight on Hard, otherwise it would have taken forever. It still took a long-ass time.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it on GamePass. I was never able to finish the first one. I tried so many times but the wall clinging button mashing in the first game was impossible for me. I got the ability to stick to walls in this game and it made all the difference in the world. I really loved it and will buy it on PC too. So damn pretty.