• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Only a few hours in, while this is great I also feel like it's lending too much from Hollow Knight, doesn't feel nearly as unique as the first game going by these first few hours.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Do rumors also count towards map completion? I have a rumor at a shrine in Inkwater Marsh that's not triggering because I completed the shrine before I got the rumor.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do rumors also count towards map completion? I have a rumor at a shrine in Inkwater Marsh that's not triggering because I completed the shrine before I got the rumor.

They don't, I have 100% everywhere with that Inkwater rumor still being there. Probably something a lot of people will hit since the NPC that gives that to you is in a pretty weird spot.

Oct 27, 2017
The one aspect of it that's flawless is the music. I think Aquatic Ambiance has a new competitor for my favourite "underwater swimming music" in the track Luma Pools.
I was thinking this exact thing. I cannot think of another game water level music this damn good.

Also I will say the wellspring glades song Invokes so many emotions of just feeling at ease and safe. I know that's kinda the point but it was done perfectly

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Little thing but since i seem to be using the map more than in the first game, i wish the zoom level gets saved when leaving the map. I find the default setting too small and always have to rezoom when i re-enter the map.

Other than that, my save tells me i'm at 20% now. At this point, i feel there could have been way more time between giving you the different traversal mechanisms. Only 20% and i already feel like a superhero. I kind of miss a bit of pure platforming with a more limited skill set. Also, i wonder if there aren't just too many different ways of traversal. The hook system for example doesn't feel as necessary and fun as some of the other mechanisms. I hope there will still be a lot of more "traditional" precision run, jump and wall clinging in the rest of the game.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Just beat the game, overall i had a much better time with this game than the first. A whole lot less frustrating as well even on same difficulty, easy. I suck at platformers so I just went with easy again. Got stuck in blind forest on normal lol.

There are some bugs, crashes and performance issues that needs to be ironed out, goes without saying tho, nothing was game breaking for me obviously since I completed the story and all. Game crashed 2 times on me and had some weird bugs here and there.

Also I didn't get an achievement for beating the game but one for beating the last boss, maybe you need to play on normal or higher for that?

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I was stuck going to Wellspring Glades because I didn't know you can deflect those spit to the purple wall.

I had to YouTube it

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
There are some bugs, crashes and performance issues that needs to be ironed out, goes without saying tho, nothing was game breaking for me obviously since I completed the story and all. Game crashed 2 times on me and had some weird bugs here and there.

Also I didn't get an achievement for beating the game but one for beating the last boss, maybe you need to play on normal or higher for that?

The achievement for beating the game is bugged at the moment but is a known issue and they are working to solve it and some others ( as seen in a facebook and twitter post from the oficial account)

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
How can I reach the Luma Pool location with the light fragment? I can't find a way on the map, already activated the mill. It's the last fragment I need I believe, also did the desert and the door told me I need four fragments, so in theory I miss two but only three were on the map.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
In the final phase of the (finale) Shriek fight, how are you supposed to survive? He destroys all the ground and there's nowhere to jump/boost to. You can't damage him either so I have no idea what to do. Once he starts zipping through the air without platforms I'm done.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
In the final phase of the (finale) Shriek fight, how are you supposed to survive? He destroys all the ground and there's nowhere to jump/boost to. You can't damage him either so I have no idea what to do. Once he starts zipping through the air without platforms I'm done.

You have to bash the projectiles to fly, he will stop after a handful of swoops. I actually killed him near immediately because I had the melee reflects projectiles shard on and reflected like 15 missiles back into his face.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
You have to bash the projectiles to fly, he will stop after a handful of swoops. I actually killed him near immediately because I had the melee reflects projectiles shard on and reflected like 15 missiles back into his face.

^ What he said

HOWEVER
a bug might happen during this phase where there is not NEARLY enough projectives falling down making it impossible to survive, maybe that happened to you? If so, you probably have to restart the whole fight, it's supposed to be raining projectiles, if you only have 1 projectile here and there the fight's probably bugged.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I think Ori just broke my controller. The RB button (the dash, obviously) just fell like it was never even part of the controller lmao.

Can't blame the game, it's so good, but eh. Happened to a friend with the dash on Ori and the blind forest.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
^ What he said

HOWEVER
a bug might happen during this phase where there is not NEARLY enough projectives falling down making it impossible to survive, maybe that happened to you? If so, you probably have to restart the whole fight, it's supposed to be raining projectiles, if you only have 1 projectile here and there the fight's probably bugged.
I did it now. There were enough projectiles and I tried bashing but I thought going up was a dead end. But it worked now. Weird last phase though.

The ending had me shedding a few tears, that was beautiful.

However: I didn't get an achievement for beating the game, only for beating the boss (pc). I think there was someone else in the thread who already mentioned this, happened for me too.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I'm sure asked already (probably multiple times), so I apologise ahead of time. Should I play the first before going into this one? Or is the story not that important? I have Gamepass so both are available to me.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Some PC tech issues aside (the audio hitches, can't seem to fix), and the odd small freeze on 1X, this is an absolute joy.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
if you were on the last phase of the boss
it's because it's intentional and you need to stay near the bash lamps or use the ability that lights your surroundings
Nope, second phase. I had a feeling something was off because in my some of my prior attempts these odd lines would appear across the screen. But on this run the screen goes black, but I can still hear the audio and my energy and health meters are visible. Is this a known issue thomasmahler?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Turns out there are more achievement issues and they're all tied to the endgame: https://www.trueachievements.com/n41061/ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps-achievement-fix

Another TA player is also having difficulty, saying in the forum that they managed to complete the game on the hardest difficulty, without dying, without shards, and without spending Spirit Light, in under three hours — all of which come with a separate achievement each — and didn't get any of them.

If you want to do some of the harder challenges, I'd hold off until there's a fix.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm in Kwolon's Hollow where I cleared everything to lower the poisoned water level. However, the stone wall that I had opened with a big block is now closed. I can see that the stone box I put there has disappeared. Seems to be a bug. I'll load an older save but locking out the player really shouldn't happen.

Having some issues with the game in general. I can't really pinpoint it, but I think I liked the natural flow to the first Ori more. It had a bit more of a Jump'n'Run less metroidvania feel maybe? The new Ori is still a good game, obviously.

Also, the upgrade in visuals sometimes makes it tough to see what could be the solution for a problem. I don't really want everything to be blinking or something, but I feel I've had too much trouble figuring out stuff at times.

Last edited:

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Great game so far... Shame about the framerate though. Dont know how this gane is chugging my xb1x...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When's the next patch coming? Performance is still pretty bad on the X and doesn't get better the more I play..
Also this happened, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Before I start, I found the first game very frustrating at certain points and I died several hundred times playing it according to the counter. Is this going to be the same? I wanted to love the first but just couldn't really.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that you can gain extra height via tricks which can give you access to, for example, the map of the whole area even before you're supposed to get it.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone who's been able to get a DS4 working with this game? LB and RB are read as Select and Start respectively, and square jumps instead of attacks :(

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Another trick is being able to do a super far jump, which allows you to go to the next zone without getting the Dash ability. There could be a lot more uses for it later, but I'm not as far yet.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who's been able to get a DS4 working with this game? LB and RB are read as Select and Start respectively, and square jumps instead of attacks :(
I'm using a DS4, but have Inputmapper application active which makes the controller appear like a Xbox controller. All mappings work perfectly.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the game :) Oh my, what an experience! Did not have such fun with a game in a long, long time.

I am a bit sorry for Moon Studios that these performance issues that people are complaining about took over the whole discussion. I played the game on gamepass pc and had no issues whatsoever, had a wonderful time :)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that you can gain extra height via tricks which can give you access to, for example, the map of the whole area even before you're supposed to get it.

It's really easy to sequence break the game using melee attacks to swing upwards or to give you more momentum/air time. So easy actually that makes me wonder if it's on purpose not. :P You can even get into the main part of Luma Pools before you're meant to.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
It's really to sequence break the game using melee attacks to swing upwards or to give you more momentum/air time. So easy actually that makes me wonder if it's on purpose not. :P You can even get into the main part of Luma Pools before you're meant to.
Yeah, possibly intentional coz I recall devs wanted to give speed runners these options.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Ok so. I don't know what to do or where to go next.

After
Shriek stomps on my owl buddy

the game wants me to find 3? 4? things.
I went past the Silent Woods into the
desert area
thinking the game just wants me to continue in that direction, but at the end there's just a gate saying "oh hey you need all the things first".
Where do I go first? I can't get west, I can't wake up Baur in the north and I don't even know where to begin with trying to go south.